BenQ T241W seems like its better than G2400WD but its cheaper? wtf?

strider1

n00b
The T241W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014169 has Height and Pivot Adjustments and it has speakers while the G2400WD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014173 does not. The g2400wd is priced $60 higher than the T241W though. Why is that? Shouldn't it be flip flopped?

Also are there any moniters like these but have more inputs? I saw this monitor the benq fp241w http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014124 but its discontinued. i liked how it has composite and component as well.

also do any of these models have an audio out for running it into speakers?

I;m pretty sure i'm going to go with the g2400wd or t241w as I really like the features. I will be gaming, watching movies but i will not be doing professional image work. I want low input lag, vivid colors, minimal ghosting, and relatively good viewing angles. I also like how they have 1:1 pixel mapping capabilities as well.

or do you guys have any other suggestions?

thanks

I think the T241W is ugly. I miss the FP241W :(, but I think it can still be purchased at Benq's online store.

T241W is 5 ms and no 1 to 1 pixel mapping given that G2400WD is 2 ms and with 1:1 pixel mapping

T241W is 5 ms and no 1 to 1 pixel mapping given that G2400WD is 2 ms and with 1:1 pixel mapping

I can't confirm it because I don't have a T241W, but I've heard that it does have 1:1 aspect option.

The G2400WD does offer a faster response time when in overdrive (2ms), but I run my G2400WD at the default 5ms without any problems. The G2400WD does offer vga, dvi, and hdmi, while the T241W offers vga and hdmi only.

ahh so it seems like the g2400wd is better. What is overdrive exactly?

How do the g2400wd compare with the fp241w? Does the fp241w have 1:1 and does it have overdrive? That would make it 1 killer monitor if it did.

The FP241W has "always on" overdrive, but it does not cause any inverse ghosting like some other MVA/PVA models.

Overdrive increases the voltage to the pixels to get them to "move" faster, so if a pixel is going from dark to light, the extra voltage will increase the speed of the pixel going to light, but it will "overshoot" by going brighter first, and then "come back" to the right color. Depending on how well it's applied, you may or may not see some "inversion" where the pixel will have an inverted ghost image.

The V2400W and G2400WD have slightly "hyper" overdrive which can cause this effect with text, but it's not obvious while gaming, that's why they allow you to turn it off via OSD controls.

The FP241W/VW built past June 2007 have probably the best 1:1 and aspect ratio controls of any multi-function monitor. I used to think it didn't do 480p properly (most monitors don't) but I've tested it over DVI, HDMI, and component and it works flawlessly (good for Wii users I think).

The FP241W and VW are identical except the VW does not have a height adjustable stand. Both (I believe) have a headphone jack. The FP241VW does for sure. I'm pretty sure the FP241W does as well. The V2400W and G2400WD have headphone jacks too, so HDMI audio can go to 2 channel stereo through a set of computer speakers.

If you can find 'em, they are good monitors. If high speed FPS gaming is your #1 priority, the V2400W or G2400WD might get the nod, but otherwise the FP241W/VW are also very good monitors.

Regards,

10e

Back