BenQ G2400WD detected as G2400W?

chem

n00b
Hello,

I recently ordered a BenQ G2400WD, due in no small part to reviews here. No problem shipping, and it works right out of the box. Few/no dead pixels, and it looks good. However, running OS X 10.5.5, the monitor is autodetected as a G2400W, not a G2400WD. The documentation shipped with the monitor is a generic manual for a G700 through G2400W series. The back of the monitor, on both the label and the serial number sticker, claims it is a G2400WD. I'm inclined to believe that, but I found the detection oddity surprising.

Anyone else notice this with their G2400WD? If so, what OS?

edit: it is also autodetected as a G2400W in WinXP SP3. Haven't used the included driver disc or any downloaded drivers/profiles.

Bumping after 100 views because I'd still like to hear from someone else who has a BenQ G2400WD :(

Thanks!

I only used a V2400W which came up correctly, as did the G2400W (non-D) before it.

Try the driver from the CD and see what happens. There wasn't much difference between the D and original G2400W. Only a different panel, dynamic contrast, and the ability to turn on and off overdrive/AMA.

I have the G2400WD and it shows up as G2400W too on Vista. As suggested, try to find a driver to get the "D" in your comp, but I don't think it really matters.

Just got this monitor, and it shows up as G2400W in Vista here as well. Checked the CD, under drivers G2400WD folder, and the inf file there said G2400W as well, so i doubt it's anything wrong, it's just how it's supposed to be. Because these two monitors are almost identical.

Back