Benchmarks Titan X (Pascal)

Schtask

Limp Gawd
Hello [H]. I receive my Titan X card tomorrow around 10am. I will be taking a half day tomorrow at work in order to get some preliminary benchmarks done and attempt some overclocking (something I detest on air).

I will be testing:

The Division
The Witcher 3
Futuremark
Various Synthetics
Star Citizen
Elite Dangerous
Temperature Under Load
Noise

I will be doing this at 1080p, 1440p and 5760x1200 surround. I know there was a couple of other gentlemen in a previously locked threat that were also receiving these cards. If you all would like to collaborate on benches we may be able to have something kicked out by tomorrow night.

Kyle, if you are sans a Titan for review I am open to letting you borrow mine for a few days. I'm in West Fort Worth and work in Plano.

- Crix us

Please figure out the throttling first. It makes no sense to test with throttling, I honestly suggest you test with max power limit and max fan, and see what clock it can hold STABLY. If you overclock to 1800 mhz make sure it stays at 1800 for the benchmarks :D

I'm glad to see you are going to bench the Witcher 3. This is by far my most played and enjoyed game in the last 4 years. Would be very interested to see if the Titan can hold around 60fps at 4k.

Please bench DOOM at nightmare settings and 4K. Try Vulkan as well, as Pascal cards like the LLAPIs,

This community rocks. This post is just one of the many reasons this forum is my homepage. Thanks for doing this.

Please bench DOOM at nightmare settings and 4K. Try Vulkan as well, as Pascal cards like the LLAPIs,

NO NO NO NO. Not unless he benches something else as reference in the exact same scene at same settings etc. It's totally useless having DOOM benchmark results for just one card/system. Until they make an internal benchmark DOOM benchmarks needs to come in pairs at least.

NO NO NO NO. Not unless he benches something else as reference in the exact same scene at same settings etc. It's totally useless having DOOM benchmark results for just one card/system. Until they make an internal benchmark DOOM benchmarks needs to come in pairs at least.

It won't hurt to see if it can maintain 60 frames over a period of time. I have a feeling it will with this new card.

Just run through the foundry level, the first 45 seconds kills most systems.

Then people will whine that its a canned benchmark.

sad man Nvidia now sampling this card to reviewers. I guess they rather cash that money to the bank by selling those cards. lol

No 4k reviews?
This card is made for 4k resolution, not 1080p or 1440p, that's a waste ;)

That day has come when users are having to do reviews after buying these cards. I guess when you are Nvidia you can pull this off lol

That day has come when users are having to do reviews after buying these cards. I guess when you are Nvidia you can pull this off lol

Considering the price, there is a lot of interest in this card.

No 4k reviews?
This card is made for 4k resolution, not 1080p or 1440p, that's a waste ;)
1080p, yes.

1440p, not at all, even 1080 barely maxes out TW3 on 60fps average, let alone minimum.

1080p, yes.

1440p, not at all, even 1080 barely maxes out TW3 on 60fps average, let alone minimum.

Also there are 144Hz 1080p monitors. 165Hz 1440p GSYNC monitors. Heck there are 144Hz 4K monitors. :) These GPUs are being held back by Intel and AMD CPUs being unable to feed them properly. FreeSync caps out at 240Hz. We will never get there without a proper CPU to feed the beasts.

Tweak town has their review up. On the whole the card is 25% to 30% faster than the 1080. I'd be curious to see what it does OC'd

it overclocks for another 15 to 20% more performance, its got decent headroom for overclocking. Can probably do more if ya change the cooler ;)

nice!

Just ordered mine yesterday, haven't gotten a confirmation on when it will be shipped yet anxiously waiting for it lol, feel like a kid at a candy store, I am disappointed it only has 12 gb of ram though, cause its not going to help any more with multiple texture renderings at the same time but oh well its go more horsepower to pump them out faster.

nice!

Just ordered mine yesterday, haven't gotten a confirmation on when it will be shipped yet anxiously waiting for it lol, feel like a kid at a candy store, I am disappointed it only has 12 gb of ram though, cause its not going to help any more with multiple texture renderings at the same time but oh well its go more horsepower to pump them out faster.

Nice, you lucky bastard :p I'm going to be expecting loads of benchmarks from you ;)

a few lol, that computer is always rendering lol 16k textures take a long time to push out lol.

Guys, the 2 SMs that were cut on the Titan X, that does not impact to utilize the full 12gb VRAM right?

Guys, the 2 SMs that were cut on the Titan X, that does not impact to utilize the full 12gb VRAM right?

Nah it won't unlike Maxwell screw up, the ROP amounts aren't bound to the bus size.

I was able to pick up a 2nd 980 ti. Seems my 980 ti SLI performance is close to the new Titan.

Tweak town has their review up. On the whole the card is 25% to 30% faster than the 1080. I'd be curious to see what it does OC'd
Over in the announcement thread Vega said he is able to OC his cards to 2050 MHz on the blower. Pretty damned impressive that the larger chip can overclock close to the smaller chip. I thank NVIDIA for giving us a 120% power target that we can set out of the box this time around instead of the paltry 110% with Maxwell. Can't wait to see what it could do under water.

Over in the announcement thread Vega said he is able to OC his cards to 2050 MHz on the blower. Pretty damned impressive that the larger chip can overclock close to the smaller chip. I thank NVIDIA for giving us a 120% power target that we can set out of the box this time around instead of the paltry 110% with Maxwell. Can't wait to see what it could do under water.

Doesn't make much difference on water. Probably better temps. These chips seem to hit a limit at 2.1 or so max

Doesn't make much difference on water. Probably better temps. These chips seem to hit a limit at 2.1 or so max
GP104, yes. It's not an unreasonable assumption for GP102, but I'd like to see data to back it up first. I've seen at least two people planning on looping them, so we shall see.

GP104, yes. It's not an unreasonable assumption for GP102, but I'd like to see data to back it up first. I've seen at least two people planning on looping them, so we shall see.

Looking forward to seeing the OC/Temps under a custom loop. The temptation is strong but I'm waiting to see what the 1080 Ti will deliver.

Holy shiz balls someone for the love of all that is [H] post benches of a 2ghz titan...

I bet someone does the liquid metal on the resistor trick. ;)

I'd love to see those overclocked 2ghz benchmarks too. I got my Titan XP this morning but my drivers are all screwed up from amd even after trying different uninstalls and wipes so I'm doing a clean install of windows first.

I was able to pick up a 2nd 980 ti. Seems my 980 ti SLI performance is close to the new Titan.

In benches it is, but in real world gaming and lower scaling in many games, the Titan X at 2GHz will pull ahead by a good margin.
I've already compared the results and a 2GHz Titan does match stock 980Ti in SLI.

Back