• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Behringer vs M-Audio

FrEaKy

[H] Movie and TV Show Review Guy
2FA
Joined
Jan 31, 2003
Messages
14,173
Im looking at the M-AUDIO AV 30 2.0 speakers for $94.99

As well as the BEHRINGER B2030P speakers for $104.30.

Which is better in your personal opinions?

*edit: I am leaning towards the B2030P's right now! And no, I am no longer looking at Swans!
 
the 2030p are much better but they are passive and will require amplification
 
Im looking at the M-AUDIO AV 30 2.0 speakers for $94.99

As well as the BEHRINGER B2030P speakers for $104.30.

Which is better in your personal opinions?

*edit: I am leaning towards the B2030P's right now! And no, I am no longer looking at Swans!

youll need an amplifier for those B2030P's so youll have to buy an amp for them and those things dont come cheap i suggest you get speakers with amps built into them already like the AV40's and the 30's. what are you going to use them for anyways?
 
true but an amp would set him back 100-150 more quids and i dont think the OP knows that the 2030p needs an amp, but if he has one already or is planning on getting one then kudos to the OP
 
true but an amp would set him back 100-150 more quids and i dont think the OP knows that the 2030p needs an amp, but if he has one already or is planning on getting one then kudos to the OP

Yes, already have an amp! :) but thank you for making sure at the same time!

Yeah I saw alot of reviews that put the 2030P up higher than most speakers, but I dont trust alot of review sites much anymore cause it seems more and more they are in it just for the free stuff....... (not hardocp of course!). SO I wanted a regular opinion from people who purchase the products! :)
 
I've always said you don't buy Behringer products, you rent them from the trash can.

That said, cheap knock off gear has it's place. For example my 8ch mixing console is Behringer. Why? Because I needed it cheap, and quality was not my utmost concern.
 
my DEQ2496 would disagree. ;) dunno bout the speakers though..

I had one, it was a neat piece of gear, but iffy on quality. There are a lot of mods out there to make it sound better... replacing most of the output section.

It was ok for live stuff and recorded ok, but I wouldn't use one in the signal chain of playback material.
 
Dont have $250 to throw around!......

I am not using these for recording or critical listening, just general usage!
 
Are you going to be doing recording/critical listening, or are they for general use? I highly recommend saving up for the Maudio BX5A's. They're about $244. I've been using there older sibling, the BX8A for years now.

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Studiophile-Bi-amplified-Reference-Monitors/dp/B0014IEBM0

the BX8a is the bigger version of the Bx5a but they both sound identical just that the Bx8's have more of a lower end

get this instead
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001T9O5UM/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A1729W3053T57N

Alesis M1 520 u wont regret it man
its $18X.XX in the shopping cart dont get fooled by the $400 price tag
also this competes witht the Bx5a but youll save $70 more so its a steal
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Behringers are technically near field monitors although they claim a much larger "sweet spot" though they don't quantify it. If you're going to be listening to these mainly at a desk at ear level then I'd say go for the Behringers. If not, you may want to look into some unpowered book shelf speakers since you already have an amp.
 
The Behringers are technically near field monitors although they claim a much larger "sweet spot" though they don't quantify it. If you're going to be listening to these mainly at a desk at ear level then I'd say go for the Behringers. If not, you may want to look into some unpowered book shelf speakers since you already have an amp.

Thank you friend ;) I think Im gonna get the Behringer's.
 
Back
Top