Be On Edge Now

I see, I wasn't aware that cable companies hold sports to ransom, a terribly sucky situation. I bet they structure the packages so you have to pay as much as possible as well?

isn't some sort of cable TV used in every country?...no one is using streaming exclusively...USA might have more useless crappy channels but I'm sure the pay for TV model is used everywhere

isn't some sort of cable TV used in every country?...no one is using streaming exclusively...USA might have more useless crappy channels but I'm sure the pay for TV model is used everywhere

It is, but I don't think it's to the extent of that used in the US. For example I know of no one that needs a cable (satellite) card where I'm from, in fact they aren't even available.

It is, but I don't think it's to the extent of that used in the US. For example I know of no one that needs a cable (satellite) card where I'm from, in fact they aren't even available.
In the part of the U.S. I live in I have two primary choices to receive t.v. broadcasts: cable (1 provider) or satellite (two providers). In both cases a set top box is required. I have satellite t.v. that costs, just under, $140/month.

OTA (over the air) can be had, but the picture quality makes viewing painful and sports limited.

Streaming is a third choice, but it would not be a substitute that compares favorably. Local news would be one draw back as the local news outlets have a veto over retransmission. I have a FireTV watch Major League Baseball with it so I purchase a subscription for that. It's cheaper than the cost of the subscription from my satellite provider and bad weather doesn't block the signal.

Back