BCon is BStupid

He knows enough about computers to find the power button and remember his sign on for more than 6 months at a time but little else. I'm not 100% sure he could manage the CAPTCHA to register an account.

Update:
He saw me type that and agrees, he has his wife do them because he can never get them right.

Be careful, he might be a robot.

step on....

strap on device.
step two. fuck with windows for hours
step three. launch a game.
step four. Profit.

anyone else think that is a messed up order?

Maybe this could work with pedals for sim racing? Does it work like a toggle or with degrees of freedom? I would totally like this for a replacement to a logitechG920 brake. (Stiff as anything!) Other than that, I can't think of any real use for this and the type of gaming I do.

The product in principle is cool, but they are marketing to the wrong people.

Had that thing been strapped to a quadriplegic's head and he was using it to play games I think everyone would be singing a different tune...

It probably makes that stupid little "tinkle song" while its being worn so you'll know some idiot is coming with one.

Thanks Kyle, yet another 2 minutes I'll never get back. Sure tell me not to click, you know I'm going to. . . .oh well.

And whoever keeps composing this twee-ass Kickstarter promo muzak needs to have a pickaxe put through their Macbook.

If it needs that kinda music in its marketing its usually a forgettable shelf-dwelling trinket anyway. "twee-ass" though, I like that. I'm borrowing that for future use.

If you are disabled, like lost a hand or both hands or something and you wanna game...

That is what theyt should have marketed this thing as... that would be useful but NOT to any other person.

What's wrong with something like this? Couldn't this help someone who lost a hand to maneuver around in video games?

Given that it seems that you still need to be mouse-dexterous to use it, I'd say no, it is not made to help that type of user.

I dunno, like another poster said, I think that could be useful for VR situations. Say 'tapping your foot' to jump. Might not be intuitive in practice, but it feels intuitive in my head.

As for being useful for Quadriplegics and whatnots, I know MS has some sort of adaptive controller coming out that will likely cater to that market far more than a single foot pedal controller.

I have a coworder with one arm who I sent this too and I am pretty sure I saw him crying with joy.
j

that was my first thought, and I came here to post this, but it seems several already agreed. I remember in 1st grade I had a friend who broke his arm, and the guy could outgame me with one hand, placing the controller flat on the ground. i have another paraplegic friend that im going to send this to, to see if he could potentially benefit or find an adaptive use for it.

for the rest of us lucky enough to type 130+ wpm and own keyboards that cost more than the entire wardrobe we had as teenagers, there's not much use. and im honestly kind of surprised the video didnt just jump straight to catering to disabled want-to-be-gaming people.

I bounce my legs and tap my feet WAY too much to use this.

Yea me too. This would useless in my case, If I am gaming, I would have to retrain my body to not fidget so that I wouldn't be all over the place. Plus....I am too used to using my hands for gaming, I would hate this probably.

j

that was my first thought, and I came here to post this, but it seems several already agreed. I remember in 1st grade I had a friend who broke his arm, and the guy could outgame me with one hand, placing the controller flat on the ground. i have another paraplegic friend that im going to send this to, to see if he could potentially benefit or find an adaptive use for it.

for the rest of us lucky enough to type 130+ wpm and own keyboards that cost more than the entire wardrobe we had as teenagers, there's not much use. and im honestly kind of surprised the video didnt just jump straight to catering to disabled want-to-be-gaming people.
I know right, my coworker thought is he can strap it right to his wrist nub. We are wondering if we can wire up an arduino with some pads so muscle flexes could register as button clicks and really get him into it.

Someone needs to shoot the agency that picked out that music. It's like watching a how it's made for bolony.

What is it, even? A little sensor that reads keypresses when you tap your feet?

That actually doesn't sound that stupid, although my solution to that would just be a button that goes on the floor or something. I don't see why it needs to be wireless.

For people with all their fingers and toes, and zero mobility issues, this makes little sense.

But I could see how this would benefit those who are not so lucky.

They could have demonstrated this a little bit better though.

And maybe picked some better music.

Back