BC2 Loading issue

sibuxiang

n00b
I hope i do this right.

The issue im having ATM is that when i load BC2 It takes 40-50 secs to load into game and then there is lag for about 3 secs where im getting 1FPS. After i get past that im running at 30-40 FPS.

I run it in both High and med to try and see if there is a diffrence there is none same FPS.

Im running a ATI 5850 10.5. Im at work atm so i will post what i know about my computer as best i can and will update when i arrive home.

MSI p55-GD65 Mobo
4gigs of ram(will get name when im home)
Corsair 750 wat PS
Is750Quad core 2.68 Qhz
ATI 5850 10.5
WD 7200 rpm 1TB HDD
Win 7 64 bit
Coolermaster tower

I have tried everything i can think of up to my limits of computers.
I have reinstalled windows
Ran a Bios check and flashed the Mobo
Uninstalled drivers, driver sweeper, then reinstalled
unplugged fans from the PS (maybe not enough power)
Uninstalled - reinstalled BC2 (nothing)
Uninstalled my AVG to check if that might be an issue. (negative)
Moved the VC from PCi1 to PCi2 (nothing)

Im thinking that in the end either Something is wrong with one of 3 things. the Mobo is going bad, the Core is going bad, or the ATI is bad. Im going to see if i can get a RMA for the card. I havent messed with any options for the card inside the ATI cat

I have spoken with some friends on vent and they agree that with my current setup i should not be having these issues, even more so since the latest patch for ATI 5850 was suppose to fix the Long load times. i see others stating that this should not be happening.

I need your help Computer masters, any and all ideas i will try.

Other games i play on my comp

AVP
MOH beta
Diablo 2............dont laugh
LFD2
Portal
BC2.....when i dont get mad
torchlight
COD MW

and while were at it anyone want to give me ideas for a new computer with a 1k budget or using the parts i currently have.....something that can Run BC2 on high.

If you need more info post and i will check it when im home.

Thank you in advance

I had an issue like that but with explorer. It persisted over multiple reinstalls. turned out to be the WD EADS (green) drive. Replaced it, problem solved. Not suggesting that is your issue, but may be something else to consider if you are seeing delays on other apps.

i will take a look.

I load into all the games and files fast and i load online fast normally 1st or 3rd in MOH beta first in COD.

though i did forget to put down in MOH beta im getting around 30-50 FPS.

COD (its old) constant 60

I had a similar problem once and it caused SLOW loading (with all my games) and my sata cable to my HDD wasn't seated properly. I accidently bumped it loose when I was installing new hardware. and it might be a HDD starting to fail.

Another thing you could try is different ati drivers. I'm still using 10.3.

Try a different hard drive. BC2 is a lot more demanding than any of the games you mentioned.

Hmm, there was a problem with the 5000 series and slow load times under DX11, but that was supposedly fixed in Cat 10.4.

You could try forcing the game into DX9, and see if that helps. You can find out how through Google (I'm at work right now, so I can't check any of those sites and see if they have clear guides, otherwise I would link one).

well i tried 10-3 10-4 still no dice.

i was orginally on a WD 300 gb 7200rpm and i got the 1TB for only 50 bucks out the door (hookups). So with both HDDs it runs slow loading into maps and i did reformats on both and clean installs. still same issue.

I didnt think to check the Sata cable i have been diving into the Tower alot trying to address this issue.

tried Dx9 and Dx 10 same issue. with ugly graphics and such.

I was planning on building a new system as is and give this one to my dad for his flight sim games.

Thank you all for the input and advice aswell

NO dice with the diffrent HDD's all 7200 rpm

Sata cable was a no go aswell

My Corsair 750 is about 5 years old now so maybe that couldbe one of the issues.

My Corsair 750 is about 5 years old now so maybe that couldbe one of the issues.

The Corsair 750TX wasn't released until late 2007. So you could not have had the 750TX for 5 years.

In any case, a PSU would not be the cause of this problem. Typical PSU problems are related to stability issues, not performance issues at all. If your video card wasn't getting enough power, the card or system would crash. Video cards are not so intelligent as to lower their performance based on the power capability.

Anyway, the latest ATI drives is now 10.6 So try that. The slow load issues were not fixed until a hot-fix patch for 10.5. So 10.6 should work.

Also, the "lag" you get when entering the server itself is actually a known game issue. Especially if you're trying try to spawn on someone.

As for the 40 seconds from the time you select the server and try to go in the server could either be related to the old driver you're using or a network issue.

What resolution are you playing at?

I have run with the 10.6 and i get FPS issues. with 10.5 i get around 30-50 with 10.6 i get around 10-30 with the same issue loading into game.

I have tested my ping and its showing at 74ms with a 19.21 upload and 5.27 download (MPS)

i run BC2 in 1680-1050 on high and i also tried running it in 1024-768 same FPs issue and Lag to load.

Last edited:
Sorry i forgot to post the FPS for 1024-768 on high. FPS was 40-50 out with no one around 30-40 with drops to 20 and under when alot of things going boom around.

Joined a server with no people to test loading times and Low FPS at start. 40--50 loading time and then 10-15 followed by 1FPS when going into the character select and loadout screen. Happened with both 1680 and 1024.
Once i make it past the loadout i can spawn instant on people and Nodes. 20-50 FPS (20 lowest 50 highest with no one around).

:mad::confused::(

Does anyone think with the current set up im running BC2 should be having FPS and loading issues?

Shouldn't be any such issue.

More than likely it might be just the game itself OR you're doing something with the OS that you haven't told us about that might be limiting the performance of that game.

Nope havent messed with the OS at all. Just installed steam and other games. other than that its just windows 7 64 bit.

I also reformated the HD and installed Windows 7 64 bit. patched it then Installed drivers for 5850 installed BC2 still same issue.......

/wrists

Ive heard that since the latest Battlefield patch the game has sucked horribly for rendering. its all over the net people having Garbage FPS since they updated. Have you tryed any other demanding games other then BC2?

I dont think i have any other games that are as demanding as BC2.

MOH beta

and AVP might......Might somehow come close but not really

Ok news Update here is some more info.

Im currently running BC2 with 30 people in game.

With my Current set up my CPU usage in the loadout screen is 85% when i go into game it boosts to 90% +

and it looks like my Mobo is 1.6 and the current is 1.8 ......... Cpu usage is way to high for one game

and it looks like my Mobo is 1.6 and the current is 1.8 ......... Cpu usage is way to high for one game

What do your mobo is 1.6 and the current is 1.8? You mean BIOs version?

Oh and that CPU usage is just right for BC2 actually. If anything, it should be hitting 100%. It is a very very demanding game.

sorry yes the Bios version is 1.6 but at the same time when i play MOH beta the CPU usage is 88-99%

I didnt think the CPU usage would be so high for BC2 on a quadcore, even for MOH, 80-90 for MOH seems a tad high

so 80-90% on a 750 is normal. my friend has the i7 860 and hes rolling in fast. he says the chipset is the same though............

I didnt think the CPU usage would be so high for BC2 on a quadcore, even for MOH, 80-90 for MOH seems a tad high

so 80-90% on a 750 is normal. my friend has the i7 860 and hes rolling in fast. he says the chipset is the same though............
yes yes it is normal for BC2 and high CPU usage.

>.< i want to kill this thing so hard
Are you installing this game from a disc or downloading it?
Did you adjust any of the game settings?
What did you install besides BC2 after you reformatted and reinstalled the OS?
Did you download and install the latest storage drivers for your mobo from the mobo's sites?
Did this issue always happen?

And for the last time, the lag you see when entering the server and at the loadout screen is a known common issue with BC2.

Wait, is 50FPS the main issue you're having?

Its from the EA downloader

The only thing adjusted was the game to 1680 on high but its back to orginial settings due to FPS issues

This issue didnt happen with my old rig which was using a dual core and a 8800gtx nvida 1 gig

So the lag entering the server is always there and was a known iss that was suppose to be corrected with the ATI 10.5 drivers and up. At least thats my understanding

i cant get a good constant 50 fps if i wanted to, with the game set to default settings im rolling 30 Fps when no ones around and 10-12 when shits going down.

No the main issues for Me are the 40-50 secs loading into the servers when it was suppose to be corrected and the FPS issues. I have t0 run on Med at normal settings to have decent FPS with a 5850 10.6 driver.

I will make a video and post it

After the reinstall i reinstalled
Diablo2
steam
Ventrillo
IDM
CCCP
windows live(email)
MOH beta
AVG security

With your next reformat, don't install any of those apps. Just BC2. No AV, no anti-malware, etc.

And finally do you actually have a HD 5850? Yes I'm asking that question.

XFX HD-585X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity is the card i have

I will do the clean install after work tommorow when i return home and oonly do drivers for the Mobo the 5850 and install BC2

I would constantly have long load times with my ati 4850 and 10.4 drivers about 30-60 seconds, I thought it was the game originally. When I updated to 10.5 it sped up bit I would still not spawn in till after everyone was already at the first capture point. I have since switched to Nvidia, not because of this, and Now everything loads quite fast, 5-15 seconds. I would say this is largely an issue that is ati-dice related, and quite common still even with the new drivers, I didn't use 10.6 though.

Back