Battlefield V

Looking good, my hopes went from meh, to maybe the next Bad Company....

Hopefully new cards are out by then FFS.

I don't think they'll be streaming live MP rounds until tomorrow, but the youtubers have released some MP footage. Looks very promising... Sound design is top notch. The lack of spot markers littering the screen is also a big breath of fresh air since they all but removed spotting (there's apparently still an intra-squad spotting mechanism).

JackFrags on Grand Operations

Flakfire on Vehicles

Westie on Fortifications

Looks like they’re sticking with small maps and low resolution textures to please the console plebs. Almost looks like a modded bf1with WW2 weapons and a few changes that aren’t that earth shattering. When will DICE give us something new and exciting?

Looks like they’re sticking with small maps and low resolution textures to please the console plebs. Almost looks like a modded bf1with WW2 weapons and a few changes that aren’t that earth shattering. When will DICE give us something new and exciting?
The game as shown, is in alpha state. Virtually every BF beta I have played, looked worse than the final release. That said, geometry and shader detail is already obviously higher.

Map size seems plenty large, to me. And the consoles wouldn't hold that back anymore anyway, as they all have plenty of ram. Its important to note that Grand Operations probably does segment maps into smaller areas (like rush did in BC2), due to the nature of the game mode. Grand Ops is not the only mode. I've no doubt we will be seeing maps as large as BF2 or BF4, in conquests based modes.

The game as shown, is in alpha state. Virtually every BF beta I have played, looked worse than the final release. That said, geometry and shader detail is already obviously higher.

Map size seems plenty large, to me. And the consoles wouldn't hold that back anymore anyway, as they all have plenty of ram. Its important to note that Grand Operations probably does segment maps into smaller areas (like rush did in BC2), due to the nature of the game mode. Grand Ops is not the only mode. I've no doubt we will be seeing maps as large as BF2 or BF4, in conquests based modes.

Consoles are limited with render distance and that’s why they can’t handle large maps, just look at how shitty PUBG is on Xbox one. Battlefield is a console first title and it shows.

Shader distance eh yeah I guess, low res, don't really care. I haven't run Ultra in an FPS in years...and historically the graphics improve at release.

maybe it's just this map and this mod but it looks like a mess. and I'm not sure how their attempt to force players to play like a professional team speak clan is going to end, and how fun this will make things for the noob team in an unbalanced game.

Micro trans. Cool skins only I hope.

Why have cool skins when you can have ridiculous skins that look better suited for the next Fallout instalment?

HDKn7ky.jpg

Well see here. That's the genius part. The base skins are awful . So the dlc is regular uniforms so that you don't look like leftover cosplayers.

Autocorrect changed well to we'll? Autowrong!

Last edited:
Consoles are limited with render distance and that’s why they can’t handle large maps, just look at how shitty PUBG is on Xbox one. Battlefield is a console first title and it shows.
Yes I am aware of the various hardware and technical reasons PAST consoles can't handle large maps. This game does not show anything obvious as to being held back. Nor should it, as that has not been a trend since BF3. Bad Company 2 was the last of the console centric battlefield games. and it was needed, because the 360 and PS3 had a teeny amount of ram and shading power. Bad Company didn't even release on PC. It was created as a console centric battlefield (BC1 was also excellent, btw).

Battlefield 3 and 4 went back to being PC focused and it shows. PS3/360 versions were limited in player counts, the maps were scaled down, and the LoD distances were absolutely terrible. Battlefield 4 in particular, has large maps and lots of effects going on at all times. BFV has way to much geometric and shader complexity, to be canned as a console port. and it doesn't really matter right now, because all current consoles have enough ram for large maps and player counts. Graphics will scale accordingly. If EA puts in the work, a regular PS4 is capable of quite a lot.

Also, the idea that Battlefield is only good with large maps, is a falsehood since BF2 (I didn't play BF1). Since BF2, battlefield has always played best with player counts in the 40's and/or maps which weren't artificially scaled up with a couple of extra flag points, just because. and many people say Bad Company 2 is the best battlefield, despite being focused on consoles and setting aside conquest as an afterthought. BF4's conquest is mostly great. But I still lament the loss of good Rush maps. I could play something like Arica Harbor, forever.There is a lot more to gameplay than big maps and big graphics.

Last edited:
Everything will be free.

** Paid with by micro transactions.

EA isn't going to shit out 20+ maps for free. It will be one of those screwed if you do, screwed if you don't situations. If customers pay more we get more free maps, but the downside is we get fucked over with dozens of micro transactions and tasteless cosmetic skins and other shitty additions to the game. It will be a race to the bottom of a tasteless pit that will degrade the quality of the game long term. On the other hand if the micro transactions don't take off, we'll probably get 8 or so free maps in total. What you pay for day one and what you're left with 6 months into the game can be entirely different. Either way, its like fucking your own asshole. Which DICE probably enjoys seeing their political views their shoehorning into their marketing. :p

The video themselves look meh. The building mechanics look far too over done and are out of place. Nothing breaks the immersion like having a semi transparent sand bag blocking your vision. Seems like a decent gimmick for an off game mode destined to die 3 months after release, but can't imagine it working well in Conquest.

Animations look really bad to. Not BC2 bad, but a huge downgrade from BF3/4/1. Even if it is alpha the BF3 beta didn't look that bad at all. A bit worrisome.

Last edited:
I am liking what I'm seeing gameplay wise. I think this will be a day one purchase for me.

Yeah gameplay looks good. And the increased destruction seems like it will give the game a BC2 vibe (sort of). That’s a good thing to me.

Why have cool skins when you can have ridiculous skins that look better suited for the next Fallout instalment?

I wouldn't mind a new Battlefield set in a post apocalyptic world. It would allow them to go crazy with a mix of weapons and then they could even do whatever cosmetics they wanted.

Good luck getting heavy equipment like tanks or helicopters post apocalypse.

Then make it an alternate timeline

or even better do a Gi Joe based FPS using the classic toys. The setting is ripe for customization options.

Then make it an alternate timeline

or even better do a Gi Joe based FPS using the classic toys. The setting is ripe for customization options.

Why not play Fortnite or similar? I mean that is pretty much what you're describing, Gi Joe look with post apocalyptic survival feel. Don't really understand the idea of taking a war game and making it into something else when we have so many post apocalyptic games of every type. Kind of interested in seeing what Fallout 76 will be like. Just hope they use a different engine or make it less shitastic than whatever FO4 used. :p

Why not play Fortnite or similar? I mean that is pretty much what you're describing, Gi Joe look with post apocalyptic survival feel. Don't really understand the idea of taking a war game and making it into something else when we have so many post apocalyptic games of every type. Kind of interested in seeing what Fallout 76 will be like. Just hope they use a different engine or make it less shitastic than whatever FO4 used. :p

Because I am not asking for the cosmetics, but if DICE is going to go with that model I would rather see them implement them in a way that makes sense rather than trying to shoehorn them into an actual historic setting. I don't want Fortnite building, and I don't want single elimination with one man standing.

Because I am not asking for the cosmetics, but if DICE is going to go with that model I would rather see them implement them in a way that makes sense rather than trying to shoehorn them into an actual historic setting. I don't want Fortnite building, and I don't want single elimination with one man standing.

Well sadly that is going to be in their new advertised mode. Not last man standing, but day 4 will be no respawns.

Not impressed really typical run and gun.

Yeah looks more like BF1. The multi day game mode sounds like rubbish as well. Either I'm in a mood for vehicle combat (Conquest) or infantry only (TDM/Dom, quicker action). Don't really like playing each map part by part. I want to play a map then change it up. MP-18 with super easy to use optical sight looks lame as well. I suppose post release every gun will have optics and gizmos.

I can only imagine how well the building goes when half the other team is sniping . Definitely could use sniper limits.

I'm done with the Battlefield franchise. BF4 was the last one I bought. I agree, the series peaked with BC2. BF3, 4 and 1 were all broken piles of shit upon release. Sure, they updated and fixed them but we shouldn't be paying them so we can be the bug testers. I knew BF1 would be trash upon release and it was and I'm very glad I never bought it. I don't expect BF5 to be any different. I hear BF1 is much better now but, just like with BF4, I'm sure they'll stop working on it as soon as BF5 comes out.

They already stopped working on bf1. Weird ass lag and connection issues. Totally random too. Might be ddos though I think that's their fault for forcing us to use their servers.

check your email! closed alpha invites have gone out!
thanks. I got an invite. will dl tonight. needed a break from fortnite, its getting super competitive.

btw the invite email was in my promotions folder in gmail. no telling how many things I've missed in that folder cause I never think to open it.

Last edited:
Back