Battlefield V Minimum Requirements Announced

Anyone see that a 6600k is equivalent to a FX 6350?

A couple more Spectre patches and the 6700K will be the equivalent part. :eek: :D

On a more serious note, due to how Frostbite engine works an FX6300/6350 was a bit faster compared to the regular i5-6600 at stock clocks. Given that the 6600K does not come with Kaby Lake like very high base clocks and only runs at 3.5GHz compared to the non-K 3.3GHz stock, the 6600K at stock clocks should be about evenly matched with the FX in newer Frostbite driven games.

On your second PC? What is the one with the 1080 Ti and 64GB of G.Skill RAM?
The x99 taichi, 6850k, 1080ti fe evga, 64gb 8x8 g.skill 3200 , 512 samsung 960 pro, h115 ... Build is my current build.

My wife has a small i5 4460 build and it seems fine.

But that proc being minimum seems off.

Not sure what you meant. So theres my specs

So is it that frostbite prefers the newer architecture or is just not optimised for older systems?

The x99 taichi, 6850k, 1080ti fe evga, 64gb 8x8 g.skill 3200 , 512 samsung 960 pro, h115 ... Build is my current build.

My wife has a small i5 4460 build and it seems fine.

But that proc being minimum seems off.

Not sure what you meant. So theres my specs

"Lot of gamers sitting on old tech. I have a 6850 myself just because it was 100$ when I was building." You got an i7-6850K for $100? That's not old.

Battlefield 4 was stellar this old mans Battlefield is kinda a put off.

The thing that makes Battlefield 4 great is that it's the closest emulation of Battlefield 2 the series has had since Battlefield 2. To be clear, Battlefield 4 was an "old man's" Battlefield, with some design downgrades:

no sprint stamina
smaller maps
less creative flag layout and fewer map styles
5-person squads instead of 6-person squads
fewer kits
much more noob-oriented helicopter and jet handling

BF3 was stellar, BF4 was just a refresh. BF1 is great, I'm just losing interest in FPS as I get older.

Battlefield 3 wasn't much like Battlefield 4, in my view. Battlefield 3 focused on smaller and less detailed maps, with more condensed gameplay. Battlefield 3 also had far fewer loadout options, and server customization options. Content in Battlefield 3 was lacking, overall.

I found Battlefield 3 to be a letdown, and not what it was advertised as being by DICE (a return to PC in a big way). Battlefield 4 was a major improvement, to me - though still not as good, detailed, content rich, and skill-based as Battlefield 2.

Last edited:
Was pretty disappointed with BF1, Loved 4 and 5. Hope they can make it more like those in terms of play. BF1 is way too COD paced. Less thinking, more gun rushing.

Back