Battlefield V Beta is Open

How is the Beta comparing to BF1? I watched a video of DrDisrespect and Shroud playing BFV beta and it honestly looked like the same-old.

How is the Beta comparing to BF1? I watched a video of DrDisrespect and Shroud playing BFV beta and it honestly looked like the same-old.
If you have or have played BF1, it will feel similar.
It does look better and weapons gameplay is different (weapons damage), I guess you could say it feels like an expansion of BF1 but in WWII with new maps and weapons.
There is definitely a difference in gameplay but it would not take you long to adapt, if you came from BF4 it would be harder IMO to get used to it as BF4 is faster spaced IMO.

Try it if you got BB connection, I think its like 10Gb of space.

Also for youtube check out Westie he has a lot of gameplay and description on BFV. I always check out his vids.

played for 3-4 hours yesterday

1) reflex sight might seem like a good idea, but it has a dark tint and is overall mostly ass. stick with irons for cqb
2) I hate holding E to rez people, but like same squad can rez each other
3)rifle grenades are ass
4) grenades are also ass
5) only spawning with 1 reserve mag kind sucks, but it grew on me. if you hit an ammo dump or a friendly support you can carry 2 reserve. I found my self regularly running out of main ammo then not being able to resupply, at least at the start.
6) recon seems way worse then in BF1(only have 20 hours or so in that game, 500+ in BF3 and 200+ BF4)
7) upgrading weapons in 2018 is fucking stupid
8) unlocking important features a turret slot on a tank is fucking stupid
9) why is there a Asian woman sniper in the British army? thanks swj. yes you can do it, but should you?

Had an extremely similar feel to BF1.

Last edited:
Ttk and weapons definitely handle better than BF1, but man I just can't see the enemy. So many times I would spawn and die quickly with no idea who shot me. I think I will pick up when price drops.

Ttk and weapons definitely handle better than BF1, but man I just can't see the enemy. So many times I would spawn and die quickly with no idea who shot me. I think I will pick up when price drops.
I have this problem to in seeing the enemy's the dynamic lighting range is high and its hard to see them, especially in the shadows.
I raised the brightness to 65% but that can have issues in the bright area's so need to find a sweet spot.

I read somewhere DICE is adjusting this for release build so you can better see that is in alpha/beta.

I like the weapons changes and most of all changes.

It was/is fun. It is a little faster than BF1, and I like the new squad spawn and revive system. More evolutionary than revolutionary, but I like it. Not sure if it is a day one purchase, but it is enjoyable so far.

I was only able to play for about 5 minutes then it bombs back to desktop. No error, no message, just boom, desktop. I wasn't finding anything that would indicate a resource issue. 1080Ti and 32GB of system RAM, everything looked good.

Then I found this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/BFV-Beta-Keeps-Crashing/td-p/7019534

It may help you. I haven't had a crash since.

Thank you, I was able to get it to work by uninstalling and reinstalling Origin. That being said it played weird. every 5-6 seconds it would freeze for one second and then continue on as normal. Like you I have a 1080Ti and 32GB of ram, Updated to the latest drivers and it still played terribly. Hopefully it smooths out in the next few days because as of now it's hard to get a sense of the game when it seems like every firefight I loose because of this one second pause it takes so often.

I gave up on BF1 after about an hour, hit detection was atrocious. Hit detection in BFV is much better than BF1. I would say it's on par with release day BF4 which means hit detection is "good" whereas hit detection in BF3 or BF4 current is "great".

Olde time guns are fine but uninteresting to me. Graphics are good. The 2 maps that are available are actually quite good. Lots of stuff is still buggy but it's EA and beta to them is alpha to any other developer and full release for them is beta for any other developer so you know how this will go. Full playable release of this game will probably be in Feb or March but they wanna hit that lucrative holiday window.

I went into the game wanting to hate it because of the condescending bullshit that Soderlund was throwing out but to be honest, it's a decent battlefield. Worse than BF3, worse than BFBC2, but only slightly worse than BF4. BF4 population is slowly dying and getting filled with hackers and I desperately need a new FPS to play. I will probably capitulate and buy the game once I can get it on sale for like $30 to $40 even though the knowledge of giving EA money is like eating a pile of ashes.

I'm still hoping that the indie game "World War 3" is good and gets populated enough that I have something else to play but we'll see.

Installed 10 minutes, played 2 minutes, uninstalled 2 seconds.

The game just reminded me why I hate multiplayer only games.I mean you don't even get the chance to familiarize yourself with the game mechanics, and the rules, before being stabbed in the back.
I literally have no idea what to do, what is the goal, where is the goal, I just spawned looking around checking the graphics near the spawn point, and some jerk walks up to me and stabs me in the back. I didn't even realize it was an enemy. ALT-F4 uninstall, forget multiplayer for another 5 years.

Oh and the graphics looked, awful too, on ULTRA. But it ran well, so that would be a plus if I gave a damn.

I'm liking it. At first I was getting shot to shit in no time with no awareness of where the enemy was. Now I'm easily holding my own or kicking ass.
I like it also as it's brighter. BF1 was just grey

Back