Battlefield V Alpha PC Requirements Announced

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
EA and DICE have announced the PC requirements for the upcoming Battlefield V closed alpha. These are not necessarily the final requirements, but are specifically for the alpha test.

For both minimum and recommended you need a 64-bit install of Windows 7 or above, and 50GB of drive space. Hardware wise, minimum you will need an FX-8350 or I5-6600K, 8GB of RAM, and either a GTX 1050, or HD7850. Recommended comes in with either a Ryzen 3 1300x or i7 4790, 16GB of RAM, and either a GTX 1060 or RX 480.

Anyone else remember when "Alpha" was usually a year or more out from release and not 3 months? Bring on the day 1 patches!!

Playing Airborne, you’ll either paradrop down to the battlefield to deal with enemy artillery, or fight to counter this attack if you’re on the other team. In the frantic fights of Breakthrough, you must capture sectors as an attacker or keep the opposition at bay through on-the-fly planning.

Note, I'm aware the graphic says 12GB, the announcement website says:
  • Memory: 16GB RAM 12GB RAM
I dunno which to believe, I assume they don't know either.

Honestly can't see it being any heavier on requirements than bf1.

if it's like the other battlefield games, just make you install it to an ssd. The level load times are brutal on disk.

Almost identical to the Battlefield 1 requirements, then:

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 50GB

It looks like they've just chanced the FX-6350 to an FX-8350, and the GTX 660 to a GTX 1050

Regarding the Alpha status, developers have long now been using their Alpha and Beta ratings as PR, and calling glorified demos Betas. DICE have a history of doing that, too, with Bf4 and Bf3. I wonder why they choose that as a strategy.

The younger management that keep coming into the gaming companies keep pushing the release dates closer and closer, and giving up proper testing. They're totally failing the long game in business. They're sacrificing their customers' money for faster returns, and not realizing that they could get more and better returns if they'd do it right and give developers proper testing and bug fixing time. It's pathetic. They're probably driving their developers into the ground as well, and we'll get a worse product for it.

I'm looking at the requirements and they failed to list that one of the requirements was that you had to have a very open and wild imagination for the black women in German uniforms you will now encounter.

That was a good one sir.

AllKindAfricanparadiseflycatcher-max-1mb.gif

It's a reskinned bf1. End of story.

Oh and let us mod the fucking thing and bring back competitive play ea assholes!

No interest in playing. I prefer the modern BF shooters from BF2, 3, 4 and Bad Company too. I did play BF 1942 but only kept playing thanks to the Desert Combat mod which was the real predecessor to Battlefield 2!

EA and DICE have announced the PC requirements for the upcoming Battlefield V closed alpha. These are not necessarily the final requirements, but are specifically for the alpha test.

For both minimum and recommended you need a 64-bit install of Windows 7 or above, and 50GB of drive space. Hardware wise, minimum you will need an FX-8350 or I5-6600K, 8GB of RAM, and either a GTX 1050, or HD7850. Recommended comes in with either a Ryzen 3 1300x or i7 4790, 16GB of RAM, and either a GTX 1060 or RX 480.

Anyone else remember when "Alpha" was usually a year or more out from release and not 3 months? Bring on the day 1 patches!!

Playing Airborne, you’ll either paradrop down to the battlefield to deal with enemy artillery, or fight to counter this attack if you’re on the other team. In the frantic fights of Breakthrough, you must capture sectors as an attacker or keep the opposition at bay through on-the-fly planning.

I remember when dice launched BF4 with my PS4 and it didn't work for a week. Multiplayer didn't work for 2 or 3.

Frick dice after that, it was still in alpha.

Regarding the Alpha status, developers have long now been using their Alpha and Beta ratings as PR, and calling glorified demos Betas. DICE have a history of doing that, too, with Bf4 and Bf3. I wonder why they choose that as a strategy.
Because these days Alpha and Beta mean fuck all. A long time ago, getting into an actual beta and seeing development progress as well as being able to provide meaningful feedback was a rarity and generated hype, hence everything having a beta. It eventually turned into nothing but a marketing term. Once everything had been having a beta for years, do generate even more hype it required stepping it up to "alpha"... which may happen a whole 2 months in advance. Anyone with half a brain knows those alphas and betas aren't really that, but the marketing hype generation machine loves to try and sell that "exclusivity" since it sounds cooler than "limited demo".

minimum gtx1050 ?

That's pretty high for a minimum. Usually minimum specs were several generations behind.

minimum gtx1050 ?

That's pretty high for a minimum. Usually minimum specs were several generations behind.
It's not high at all, it's a 1050. There are 900 and likely still some 700 series cards that beat it.

Having worked on the inside, while y'all are playing the Alpha, DICE have the gold master almost ready.
There will be day 1 patches for sure

It's a reskinned bf1. End of story.

Oh and let us mod the fucking thing and bring back competitive play ea assholes!
Doesn't feel like a reskinned BF1. I'm actually really impressed by the mechanics/shooting and overall feeling of the game, and I honestly can't remember any battlefield game feeling as good as this.

Doesn't feel like a reskinned BF1. I'm actually really impressed by the mechanics/shooting and overall feeling of the game, and I honestly can't remember any battlefield game feeling as good as this.

I was referring to the graphics. Glad to hear it plays better. I need to check it out.

It's not really alpha. All they are doing is taking Battlefield 1 which is a finished game and slapping on some chicks with robot arms. If anything it's late beta.

I know EA fanboys are going to say "Dude it's totally different, they are going to fix the conquest scoring!" etc.... Most of the "fixes" where they "listened to the playerbase" are mild tweaks that should have been done in a patch to BF1 a year ago.

It's not really alpha. All they are doing is taking Battlefield 1 which is a finished game and slapping on some chicks with robot arms. If anything it's late beta.

I know EA fanboys are going to say "Dude it's totally different, they are going to fix the conquest scoring!" etc.... Most of the "fixes" where they "listened to the playerbase" are mild tweaks that should have been done in a patch to BF1 a year ago.
I was going to say basically the same thing, its the same core engine with slight updates and modifications, probably for texture files and character models allowing for larger file sizes.

Nope. Every Battlefield Alpha/Beta happens right around this time. BF3, BF4, Hardline, BF1, both Battlefronts. Not sure what the big deal is.

Anyway the game is a blast so far, much happier with it than BF1.

Back