Battlefield: BC2 BETA(PS3)

Holy shit does that Spas15 have range with the improved accuracy addon thing. Use that and the shotgun clip doubler and you've got a sniper shotgun.

1128091011.jpg

Not the best pic, but see where I had my reticle pointed? I saw a guy up there, shot two shots at him (think he was already wounded), and boom. Dead. I was right in front of/level with those walls that block the base in.

have you played the beta on ps3? 32 will be more than enough for this game. Prone, glad it's gone, in BF2 whenever you see anyone they immediately go prone.

+111111111111

Just hope they keep it out of the PC version. Makes the game 10x more fun. I do miss lean though.

Some gamers are funny... In that, missing features are perfectly ok as long as they themselves don't use them.

Some gamers are funny... In that, missing features are perfectly ok as long as they themselves don't use them.

I do not mind prone if it is placed in properly where you cannot spam it. Like in DoD Source for instance. One of the best implented prone type systems. Cannot spam gun fire when trying to prone in it. Or even the Call of Duty series prone is fine.

With BF2 it is just annoying and retarded.

IMO prone is essential for classes like the sniper and taking general cover. I really hope it's not removed completely for the PC release but I'm sure by now all hope is lost. Either way I'm sure I'll survive and adapt so long as I get to continue popping grapes as a sniper.

Player count=weak. I wasn't expecting 64, but 16v16 on large maps will be... boring?

No prone=consolitis. Now I am starting to have doubts about this game. Saying it won't work with destructible environments is like IW saying their game wasn't balanced for lean. Its a lazy tactic of avoiding changes between the platforms.

Hell, I'd rather have prone than lean. :rolleyes:

Considering you get pushed into certain points on the maps, there is no boring gameplay. At least as far as the Assault game mode. Conquest might be boring but I doubt it.

Holy shit does that Spas15 have range with the improved accuracy addon thing. Use that and the shotgun clip doubler and you've got a sniper shotgun.

1128091011.jpg

Not the best pic, but see where I had my reticle pointed? I saw a guy up there, shot two shots at him (think he was already wounded), and boom. Dead. I was right in front of/level with those walls that block the base in.

Isn't the improved accuracy thing just slug ammo instead? I've been using that a bunch. Definitely has some good stopping power.

How do i pop open the parashute when jumping off large buildings?

I thought it was to just press x but it never seems to work for me.

have you played the beta on ps3? 32 will be more than enough for this game. Prone, glad it's gone, in BF2 whenever you see anyone they immediately go prone.

Um, you do realize that in the recent patches prone is only useful in taking cover and getting better accuracy... which is more realistic than not being able to prone at all. Getting rid of prone should have been secondary to jumping. Jumping 6-7 feet in the air and changing directions mid "flight" was more of a problem than prone ever was.

They didn't get rid of it, they never added it in because we're going to end up getting a console port. Its abundantly clear by playing BF2 these days that the biggest spamming and irritating parts are the bunny hopping, grenade spamming, and claymore whoring. It is also obvious that the PC platform can handle 64 players and simple maneuvering such as proning, if implemented correctly.

Anyone else getting this error message when trying to get a key?

"There has been an error loading this file. This may be due to your browser settings. Please check your security settings and try the link again. Or, go to Tools, Internet Options in your browser and choose Delete Files button. Close all browser windows and try the link again. NOTE: You could also be recieving this error because you are under 18 years of age and trying to access an adult rated file. You shall not pass! Should you reach this error again, please contact Customer Support."

I have a Founders Club account and I am 24 years old...don't know what the hells going on...I want to play some BC2!

This game is soo freaking fun! Tanks ftw:

At least in BC2 they are useful now... in BC1 the only thing was useful were APCs...

This game gona rock BF PC community!

How do i pop open the parachute when jumping off large buildings?

I thought it was to just press x but it never seems to work for me.

I have the same question... i just never learned how to use it. Feet landing ftw! :p

Can't wait for the PC version. My buddy has been playing this on a daily basis on the PS3, watched him play last night, good stuff

I have the same question... i just never learned how to use it. Feet landing ftw! :p

I was able to get the shute to pop open a couple of times.
I "think" the key sequence that works is to press x once, then twice.
But usually i end up falling on my feet even when i try that so who knows, this is a beta after all.

I wouldn't be surprised if they removed chutes from BC2. I doubt there will be any situation in which one would (realistically) be necessary.

I wouldn't be surprised if they removed chutes from BC2. I doubt there will be any situation in which one would (realistically) be necessary.

well the parachutes are there now in the beta.
Plus the final version will have helicopters so it will be usefull when its time to bail out.

I was able to get the shute to pop open a couple of times.
I "think" the key sequence that works is to press x once, then twice.
But usually i end up falling on my feet even when i try that so who knows, this is a beta after all.

after jumping, double-tap X

I can't believe how good the sound design is on this, i'm very impressed. (Bar the oddly placed swearing)

A couple of things, i've heard there are some different sound modes on the PS3 beta, anyone know them and what they do?

Also, can anyone think of any reason why there would be a difference in the sound presentation on the PC version that would mean it's not as good?

Beta is now closed :(

Strange how it still says 60 days remaining in the information screen.

Looking forward to the Open Demo, and then the Full Game.

Beta is now closed :(

Strange how it still says 60 days remaining in the information screen.

Looking forward to the Open Demo, and then the Full Game.

I logged in to play yesterday and then RAGED, seriously, they got me hooked and now im like a crack addict fiend, NEED MOAR!!! LOL

yea the beta was awesome..I went out and bought the first game for $20 at BB. Its not good at all. Cant wait for the release.

Bah! I was working sooo hard for that AUG. Oh Well at least i made it in to top 10K.

Back