• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield: BC2 BETA(PS3)

Gordon Van Dyke (the exec producer) and other DICE employees have said multiple times the pc version will have no mod support. Not exactly I hard sentence to figure out.

Well using a instead of I isn't hard either, yet you seem to not be able to do it.

I'd like a source please. I've never seen this.
 
Well using a instead of I isn't hard either, yet you seem to not be able to do it.

I'd like a source please. I've never seen this.

http://bash.podbean.com/2009/11/06/bash-126-bfbc2/

Go to 19:35. From Gordon van Dyke, the executive producer, "I don't see modding tools happening for Battlefield: Bad Company 2." He goes on to say that it'll be considered for future games, but that we should not expect any modding support for BFBC2. He then gives a bunch of reasons (or excuses, depending on your viewpoint).

Of course, this doesn't mean that BFBC2 won't be modded. We'll figure it out, I'm sure :D

Also, here's a better explanation of why prone was not added to Bad Company 2 on consoles.
 

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/10/battlefield-bad-company-2-looking-to-catch-mw2-jaded-pc-gamers/

He was less committal when discussing modding tools, offering, "Once we start getting there and the engine gets to a level where we can release tools that are easy for our own guys to use, and then easy for people publicly, then we'll get into that and we'll really start to focus on it."

I'm not going to watch the video if that is what it was in, but I'm not going to believe anything until I see the game come out and it has/doesn't have support.
And as said above, it'll be figured out.
 
I did notice the lunge for the knife is a little ridiculous. Reminds me of the plasma sword in Halo 2, just not as bad.

I think the knifing is the most interesting change in BFBC2. The slow lunge fixes the extremely annoying issues with knifing that were prevalent in all the previous Battlefield games - people knifing you when it looks like they're 10 feet away, and your knife not doing any damage even when you see and hear it slice your opponent.

The new knife lunge pretty much guarantees a successful stealth knifing if you're within ~4 feet of an enemy without having to worry about lag screwing things up, while preventing you from rushing in and cheaply slicing someone in the face even when they've emptied half a round into your chest. Knife fights are no longer 2 minute long bunnyhopping festivals, they're really quick and perhaps more fair. I like the change.
 
http://bash.podbean.com/2009/11/06/bash-126-bfbc2/

Go to 19:35. From Gordon van Dyke, the executive producer, "I don't see modding tools happening for Battlefield: Bad Company 2." He goes on to say that it'll be considered for future games, but that we should not expect any modding support for BFBC2. He then gives a bunch of reasons (or excuses, depending on your viewpoint).

Of course, this doesn't mean that BFBC2 won't be modded. We'll figure it out, I'm sure :D

Also, here's a better explanation of why prone was not added to Bad Company 2 on consoles.

im pretty sure BF2 had no mod support. look how well that turned out
 
im pretty sure BF2 had no mod support. look how well that turned out

I'm looking at a "mods" folder here in my BF2 directory that begs to differ.

Depends on your meaning of support I suppose. BF1942 didn't have any official mod tools either. The game did however support the loading of different sets of game files, and that's what led to greatness like Desert Combat. For BF2, besides the engine's support for mod files, they released official mod tools. Going by what DICE has said so far, BFBC2 won't support mods at all, not even loading them like we've been able to with all the previous Battlefield games.

Of course, this is all just speculation because we don't know what Frostbite looks like on PC yet. Once the PC beta rolls around, we'll find out. But I'm willing to bet that the files will be locked down and modding it will be a bit of a struggle at first.
 
Last edited:
did you know that the pc beta has been delayed and taken off their blog site. This leads me to believe this game will be delayed on the pc for sure just like 1943. oo wait, where the fuck is 1943?

There has been absolutely NO pc gameplay footages or even videos or pictures of any shape or form for the PC version.
 
did you know that the pc beta has been delayed and taken off their blog site. This leads me to believe this game will be delayed on the pc for sure just like 1943. oo wait, where the fuck is 1943?

There has been absolutely NO pc gameplay footages or even videos or pictures of any shape or form for the PC version.

Sigh. It almost makes me want to sell my pc and get a ps3. Almost...

Seriously, we are getting slapped around so much these days.
 
why?



fixed

Why? BF:BC2 is just something to hold PC gamers off until Battlefield 3. When Battlefield 3 drops a year from the release of BF:BC2 I'm sure that the majority of the PC community that is still playing BC2 will move over to Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 will be designed (hoping) with PC players in mind and will be a much more PC centric game then BC2 will be. Dice really didn't need to release BC2 for PC and I'll be happy with a semi-console port to hold me over until BF3.
 
Why? BF:BC2 is just something to hold PC gamers off until Battlefield 3. When Battlefield 3 drops a year from the release of BF:BC2 I'm sure that the majority of the PC community that is still playing BC2 will move over to Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 will be designed (hoping) with PC players in mind and will be a much more PC centric game then BC2 will be. Dice really didn't need to release BC2 for PC and I'll be happy with a semi-console port to hold me over until BF3.

Why? BF:BC2 is just something to hold PC gamers off until Battlefield 3. When Battlefield 3 drops a year from the release of BF:BC2 I'm sure that the majority of the PC community that is still playing BC2 will move over to Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 will be designed (hoping) with PC players in mind and will be a much more PC centric game then BC2 will be. Dice really didn't need to release BC2 for PC and I'll be happy with a semi-console port to hold me over until BF3.

Comments like these are elitist and extremely short sited.

Even in this Alpha posing as a Beta, the "Rush" mode is excellent in its own right. The 12 VS. 12 action has been tweaked so that I never feel like I'm too far from the excitement. It remains to be seen how Conquest will be handled, as well as a possible third mode that has been rumored. But at least a year between this and BF3 is plenty of time to warrant BC2 as more than just stopgap. Sure, the online community will naturally shift to the new game. But yeah, that's what happens when a new game comes out.

There's a place in the market for a smaller scale, tighter game. Mouse or controller, this is the best that Battlefield has yet been.
 
Comments like these are elitist and extremely short sited.

Even in this Alpha posing as a Beta, the "Rush" mode is excellent in its own right. The 12 VS. 12 action has been tweaked so that I never feel like I'm too far from the excitement. It remains to be seen how Conquest will be handled, as well as a possible third mode that has been rumored. But at least a year between this and BF3 is plenty of time to warrant BC2 as more than just stopgap. Sure, the online community will naturally shift to the new game. But yeah, that's what happens when a new game comes out.

There's a place in the market for a smaller scale, tighter game. Mouse or controller, this is the best that Battlefield has yet been.

no, he's right. BF3 is rumored pc exclusive. It will be better in every concievable way than bc2. So yes, I would like the tools for the better game.
 
Those complaining about the PC delay are likely the same people who would complain that the game was rushed when they encounter bugs. You can't have it both ways. Fact of the matter is that Console versions are produced first the vast majority of the time. I'd much rather have a slight delay for the PC version if that's what it takes to get a more polished and more complete game.

The alternative is getting a buggy game that's a DIRECT console port or playing on a console. I don't know about some of you, but I'd rather just wait it out and get a better PC game.
 
no, he's right. BF3 is rumored pc exclusive. It will be better in every concievable way than bc2. So yes, I would like the tools for the better game.

of course it will probably be better, as its a newer entry. but it will release at least a year after BC2. So I guess have fun waiting for it while we play a great game in the meantime.
 
did you know that the pc beta has been delayed and taken off their blog site. This leads me to believe this game will be delayed on the pc for sure just like 1943. oo wait, where the fuck is 1943?

There has been absolutely NO pc gameplay footages or even videos or pictures of any shape or form for the PC version.

Well, it's just tech stuff, but it's still stuff from the engine used in BFBC2 on PC.

http://www.youtube.com/user/repii#p/u
 
Those complaining about the PC delay are likely the same people who would complain that the game was rushed when they encounter bugs. You can't have it both ways. Fact of the matter is that Console versions are produced first the vast majority of the time. I'd much rather have a slight delay for the PC version if that's what it takes to get a more polished and more complete game.

The alternative is getting a buggy game that's a DIRECT console port or playing on a console. I don't know about some of you, but I'd rather just wait it out and get a better PC game.

delaying the game is not an issue but letting us know a week or two before is an issue. surely right now,they know whever the pc version will be ready or not right?

look what happened to 1943
 
Comments like these are elitist and extremely short sited.

Even in this Alpha posing as a Beta, the "Rush" mode is excellent in its own right. The 12 VS. 12 action has been tweaked so that I never feel like I'm too far from the excitement. It remains to be seen how Conquest will be handled, as well as a possible third mode that has been rumored. But at least a year between this and BF3 is plenty of time to warrant BC2 as more than just stopgap. Sure, the online community will naturally shift to the new game. But yeah, that's what happens when a new game comes out.

There's a place in the market for a smaller scale, tighter game. Mouse or controller, this is the best that Battlefield has yet been.

I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I'll start off by saying I have already pre-ordered BF:BC2 for the PC, I think it will be excellent as well. The only point that I made was: why delay and push back a game and/or release a buggy/unworkable toolkit prematurely when Battlefield 3 is only a year out from BF:BC2 and most likely will have a greater PC following then BF:BC2, and who would actually need/want those tools. Maybe I am wrong, and BF:BC2 and BF3 will be two, very different games. One with wide open, massive battles and the other with, as you said, "smaller scale, tighter game." You could be right that the PC community will keep both games alive based on vastly different gameplay but it's really hard to tell and from what I see BF:BC2 and BF3 (no footage of yet) will be very similar games.
 
of course it will probably be better, as its a newer entry. but it will release at least a year after BC2. So I guess have fun waiting for it while we play a great game in the meantime.

who said I'm not getting bc2? I've been stoked since it was announced, I was just stating that if I had to choose modding tools for one, it would be for bf3 since it is going to be much better.
 
bf3 maybe announced but whos to say it wont be another console port? the chances of BF3 being a pc exclusive or a PC first, consoles second attitude are about the same chances as Ricky Hatton beating Pacquio in a rematch in boxing
 
Well let's get back to BF:BC2 on PS3...

Stabbing people is so much fun. :D 68 dog tags total. I finally unlocked the Spas15 (ended up stabbing two guys in the back on a roof and it got unlocked). Shotguns are totally useless in this game since the maps are gigantic though...:(
 
who said I'm not getting bc2? I've been stoked since it was announced, I was just stating that if I had to choose modding tools for one, it would be for bf3 since it is going to be much better.

Why do you think its going to be much better? More players? Yes, conquest mode in BF3 will probably be more developed and benefit from more players compared to BC3 (I.E. the commander). But it can end up too much of a good thing. I hated the 60 player matches in BF2. It was just too much. 40 was perfect. DICE may have learned something and 60 player matches may be much better this time around.

My point though is that a lot of people here seem to push BC2 aside because------oh we'd rather player BF3 as it won't be a console gimp blah blah wah wah. As a big fan of BF2, BC2 is awesome. I love the Rush mode, look forward to experiencing the tweaked conquest mode, and lets all hope DICE puts out a few map packs. BF3 is coming someday, but in the mean time BC2 is really good. Unless something stupid at DICE between now and release, this is going to be the best multiplayer game out there until someday BF3 maybe lives up to itself.



**

Shotguns are excellent for defending the boxes and running around through main base areas and buildings. They are also handy for panic shots. Learn to use the .45 along side it and the shotguns become pretty useful.
 
Yeah if you sit there and camp with them. Even then it is very easy to get killed with those stupid F2000s and the like.
 
[URL="http://kotaku.com/5413684/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc-beta-retreats-to-2010]Kotaku[/URL] said:
According to Electronic Arts, the current PS3 beta test for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has proven so popular that the PC one needs to be pushed into next year.

"With the huge success of the PS3 Beta we decided to drastically increase the PC Beta's capacity to insure as many people as possible could participate" writes DICE's Gordon Van Dyke. "Unfortunately this meant we had to delay the Beta to very early next year giving us more planning time to make it happen and implement more optimizations."

So if you were one of those PC owners in a panic over rumours the beta had been cancelled...relax, will you?

At least it's not canceled but still... whyyyy?
 
Finally learned how to use the Spas15...has a long range for a shotgun. What is retarded though is that I shot one guy from 10 feet away three times, thinking he was dead...went to the other guy and he shot me to death. But there was another guy about 30 feet away above me and I shot twice at him, he ended up killing me, but had 4% health..
 
Why do you think its going to be much better? More players? Yes, conquest mode in BF3 will probably be more developed and benefit from more players compared to BC3 (I.E. the commander). But it can end up too much of a good thing. I hated the 60 player matches in BF2. It was just too much. 40 was perfect. DICE may have learned something and 60 player matches may be much better this time around.

My point though is that a lot of people here seem to push BC2 aside because------oh we'd rather player BF3 as it won't be a console gimp blah blah wah wah. As a big fan of BF2, BC2 is awesome. I love the Rush mode, look forward to experiencing the tweaked conquest mode, and lets all hope DICE puts out a few map packs. BF3 is coming someday, but in the mean time BC2 is really good. Unless something stupid at DICE between now and release, this is going to be the best multiplayer game out there until someday BF3 maybe lives up to itself.



**

Shotguns are excellent for defending the boxes and running around through main base areas and buildings. They are also handy for panic shots. Learn to use the .45 along side it and the shotguns become pretty useful.

1) Dice has learned mistakes from BF2 and is implementing some of them in bc2
2) BF3 hopefully will not have to deal with console contraints, this includes graphics as well as complexity in the game that would be too much for the average console gamer.
3)BF3 will be developed with the knowledge of mistakes that came with bc2

If BF3 is PC exclusive, then it will blow bc2 out of the water just based on bf2 alone, anybody who can't see that is just being a fanboy,
 
I thought the 64 player matches in BF2 were nothing short of awesome! 64 players in COD4 I agree, too much. But BF2, the maps were so large that IMO it was great.
 
Does anyone happen to have a spare PS3 beta key? I'd like to give it a try but can't find a key anywhere. Thanks, everyone! :)
 
Player count=weak. I wasn't expecting 64, but 16v16 on large maps will be... boring?

No prone=consolitis. Now I am starting to have doubts about this game. Saying it won't work with destructible environments is like IW saying their game wasn't balanced for lean. Its a lazy tactic of avoiding changes between the platforms.

Hell, I'd rather have prone than lean. :rolleyes:
 
Player count=weak. I wasn't expecting 64, but 16v16 on large maps will be... boring?

No prone=consolitis. Now I am starting to have doubts about this game. Saying it won't work with destructible environments is like IW saying their game wasn't balanced for lean. Its a lazy tactic of avoiding changes between the platforms.

Hell, I'd rather have prone than lean. :rolleyes:

have you played the beta on ps3? 32 will be more than enough for this game. Prone, glad it's gone, in BF2 whenever you see anyone they immediately go prone.
 
Back
Top