Battlefield 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
7drHiqr.gif

Battlefield 5..................................Thousand!

que dramatic figure walking toward you with Michael Bay explosions in the background.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I liked BF3 more then BF4, I dunno how I feel about this. I played a lot of BF2 plus Project Reality and POE mods for it. Bad Company 2 was very enjoyable as well.

Please be WW1 or 2.. No present or futuristic setting, the market is oversaturated..

I enjoyed BF3 and 4, but I would welcome another WW2 game. I loved playing BF2 10 years ago! I skipped the BF after BF4 by the way, but I want to play this next one.

MY GOD YES WW2 again!!!!! I want more bombing runs! (Great BF1942 memories)

I'd be excited for WW1 and I'd be cool with WW2. Another modern day shooter == pass.

Guy on youtube saying from his sources that need to remain nameless that 5 will be slightly into the future once again. I honestly hope he is wrong. But TBH I never see DICE going back to the WW1 or 2 simply because there wouldn't be enough gun options for their liking.

If its in the future then what separates it from Star Wars Battlefront? Lack of lasers? (Bad comparison since anything would be a help for that game) Hard to say at this point but I'm hoping its not a futuristic shooter because after playing Battlefront and before that Titanfall I'm ready for something entirely different.

Unfortunately for me because I hate having to aim down sights with iron sights in MP games I'm pretty much only interested in modern+ shooters nowadays. Unless the the game goes to not having aim down sights being integral to game play (confering things like accuracy bonuses) or something like Battlefront where you basically still use cross hairs.

Last edited:
excited for this! i'm anxious to see what era BF5 is set in.

5-10 years ago, the WW2 theme was over saturated. Now everyone wants it back.
Definitely 10 years ago, 5 years ago we started getting over saturated with modern shooters. I have gone through 3 console generations and 2 PC's plus various upgrades since a good WWII shooter. I am ready for more WWII shooters. I wish they could find a balance and have both eras without having to flip flop over the course of a decade like this. Am I the only one who enjoyed the skill required to get a kill with a bolt action rifle? Hell you are lucky to find more than 1 rifle that is bolt action now in games and those are typically all snipers. I want some iron sight bolt action rifles dammit! :)

Definitely 10 years ago, 5 years ago we started getting over saturated with modern shooters. I have gone through 3 console generations and 2 PC's plus various upgrades since a good WWII shooter. I am ready for more WWII shooters. I wish they could find a balance and have both eras without having to flip flop over the course of a decade like this. Am I the only one who enjoyed the skill required to get a kill with a bolt action rifle? Hell you are lucky to find more than 1 rifle that is bolt action now in games and those are typically all snipers. I want some iron sight bolt action rifles dammit! :)
True, I keep forgetting we're in 2016 lol

5-10 years ago, the WW2 theme was over saturated. Now everyone wants it back.

Yeah, but I think it's time to revisit it. I'm just worried what it'd look like. If any of the modern BS creeps in, it could make or break it.

I hope for the softcore area, they adopt the segmented health. Since they're hell-bent on have having regen health/armor, it'll at least add some value to medics. The era also makes the classes useful again. In modern warfare, the weapons are all pretty close. You can do some creative stuff with the WW2 kits so that each class has tradeoffs.

My problem with BF4 is that softcore was too regen/assistance happy, but hardcore never had any good servers with no friendly fire turned on.

like this
I hope for the softcore area, they adopt the segmented health. Since they're hell-bent on have having regen health/armor, it'll at least add some value to medics.

The era also makes the classes useful again. In modern warfare, the weapons are all pretty close. You can do some creative stuff with the WW2 kits so that each class has tradeoffs.

these two changes would really improve gameplay. segmented non-regenerative health and making classes serve useful purposes with trade-offs.

No matter which direction DICE takes BF5, it's going to be explosively controversial, but I am going to play the shit out of it regardless because of all the refinements and optimizations to the Frostbite engine that have occurred since BF4, many of which were beautifully evident in Battlefront. There's always a core component of multiplayer shooter fun to be had regardless of whether you agree with how they balanced it or which weapons are good/crap.

Biggest question for me isn't even the warfare era but whether it'll support Vulkan from day one so that Windows 7 and 8.1 can run it too (DX12 is pretty much a given)

Last edited:
like this
I just hope Rush isn't useless (for the most part) in the new one. It was by far my favorite game mode in BC2 and BF3.

The problem with rush is that people keep want 500 players on a server cause they think more players = more awesome. This might be the case if the maps were big enough but they are barely big enough for 32 players in BF4.

The problem with rush is that people keep want 500 players on a server cause they think more players = more awesome. This might be the case if the maps were big enough but they are barely big enough for 32 players in BF4.
Was about to post this. Rush is pretty good with 32p.

Even metro and lockers is fun with 32p.

Who wants to take bets on the servers crashing on release, as is DICE tradition? I could go for some more Battlefield, haven't played in a long time. I wasn't a fan of any of the BF4 maps so I didn't put too much time into it. Here's to hoping.

Any word on what DICE studios are involved in this? I've enjoyed every BF game I've played (only started with BC2) but DICE LA really saved BF4 and turned it into the awesome game it is today. I hope that team is involved in BF5 whatever it turns out to be.

And yeah, can't wait to see the awesome visuals with updated Frostbyte ala Battlefront. Might have to upgrade the 970.

And yeah, can't wait to see the awesome visuals with updated Frostbyte ala Battlefront. Might have to upgrade the 970.

Battlefront is a gorgeous game. if BF5 uses the same engine updates/photogrammetry it'll look fantastic.

I miss BF1942 and Desert Combat so much :(

I wish they'd bring back mods in some fashion. They really breathed some life into the game when things got stale. Since removing mods it seems like they have increased the release cycle though.

I think that an old or future-past game would be neat. Perhaps the one thing they haven't tried is Guerilla warfar. Congo, Somali. Hey maybe the American or various Civil Wars that have taken place throughout history?

Battlefield Vietnam was really fun. It brought a lot of interesting tactics aside from shooting and blowing things up to the game.

Any word on what DICE studios are involved in this?

Sweden 100%. DICE LA is apparently working on other stuff, possibly the other Star Wars title being developed.

The engine's so optimized that you'll probably be fine unless you're driving 4K.

Who wants to take bets on the servers crashing on release, as is DICE tradition? I could go for some more Battlefield, haven't played in a long time. I wasn't a fan of any of the BF4 maps so I didn't put too much time into it. Here's to hoping.
I'm not taking that bet, as it's almost guaranteed. What's also guaranteed is at least one game breaking bug on release fixed within a couple weeks, and 6 months of additional serious issues and multiple patches till it's decent. Then the game will at least be decent for another year or two until next release. Any battlefield veteran knows this going in. If a battlefield veteran doesn't expect these issues going in, then they are a fool.

This has been DICE status quo since BF1942. BF4 was by far the rockiest of all releases with netcode issues and several horrific bugs. It took them almost 9 months to make the game stable, and almost another year after that to get the netcode decent. In the end, BF4 turned out to be one of the best BF games to date as far as the game engine goes, but it's first two years were really rough.

All of that wouldn't have been an issue if they didn't try to reinvent the wheel with every release. If DICE has actually learned something this release, they will have taken the Frostbyte game engine powering BF4 and left it the fuck alone and simply added graphical touch ups. If they do this, at least the inevitable bugs upon release will stem from new content (e.g. weapon balance) and not repeat issues from previous games and netcode.

Last edited:
If they're claiming it won't be expected then perhaps a Korean War setting. That hasn't been touched yet by BF.

Perhaps a futuristic setting but instead of 2142 it would be like Xcom2 style in a FPS format.

Could always end up being BC3 too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back