Battlefield 4: Second Assault Coming Tuesday

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
DICE and Electronic Arts jointly announce the release date for Battlefield 4: Second Assault. The initial release on Tuesday will be reserved for premium members on PS 4, PS 3, Xbox 360 and PC. All non-premium players will have to wait until March 4th for the release.

That's kind of a dick move. That's a HUGE delay for non-premium members. While, I will be able to play it on Tuesday, all of my non-premium friends have to wait 2 weeks?!

That's kind of a dick move. That's a HUGE delay for non-premium members. While, I will be able to play it on Tuesday, all of my non-premium friends have to wait 2 weeks?!

if EA eventually goes bankrupt because they shat all over their customers, they can still blame piracy.

if EA eventually goes bankrupt because they shat all over their customers, they can still blame piracy.

You obviously haven't seem EA profits, perhaps the customers shat on EA about piracy now they found ways around such shitty customers.

I doubt many of your friends are non-premium. If they are then they already behind on rank, gear, etc...

I was thinking about getting this, got a couple friends that recently started playing, but I'm going to avoid it for now. If there's still a community playing this summer or I run across a good deal on it after March I might reconsider. It's not worth $40-$50 and then to see this kind of crap.....

You guys are assuming the game is completely ready and they are holding it back for non-premium members. Another totally valid possibility is that the game isnt 100% ready and the premium folks are going to be performing a valuable "beta testing" service for the company.

Pay to bug test for EA? Pass.

I'm sorry, premium members? I didn't buy battlefield 4 but what's a premium member?

The funny part is that it doesn't occur to you for even a second that it doesn't matter at all.

the DLC comes feature complete with all the bugs found in the Xbox one version of the DLC too.

"[–]jesuswithoutabeard

I hope the Metro glitches have been addressed.

[–]VincentVukovic DICE Community Manager

Yes, we do have a fix for it that's slotted for a future patch. I'm not sure which one exactly at the moment, but we'll share that as soon as we can.

[–]Lincolns

But it will be launching with the Metro glitches intact that became known when the XBONE version of Second Assault came out months ago? Sheesh, I feel sorry that you guys are so understaffed or whatever."

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1xte41/second_assault_arrives_on_february_18_for_bf4/

the DLC comes feature complete with all the bugs found in the Xbox one version of the DLC too.

"[–]jesuswithoutabeard

I hope the Metro glitches have been addressed.

[–]VincentVukovic DICE Community Manager

Yes, we do have a fix for it that's slotted for a future patch. I'm not sure which one exactly at the moment, but we'll share that as soon as we can.

[–]Lincolns

But it will be launching with the Metro glitches intact that became known when the XBONE version of Second Assault came out months ago? Sheesh, I feel sorry that you guys are so understaffed or whatever."

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1xte41/second_assault_arrives_on_february_18_for_bf4/

qfft

I think I'll wait until it ends up in a humble bundle deal.

I think I'll wait until it ends up in a humble bundle deal.

Ugh... the dreaded humble bundlers in BF3.. literally had to stop playing for a month it got so infested with them.

Hah, wow. I figured they'd do as much. But metro? Really? Chokepoint: The Map

Metro was the most popular map in BF3, period. I couldn't stand it personally as I prefer vehicle maps but I took the glass half full view: it kept the worst kinds of players and CoD crossovers out of the vehicle maps.

Wait, people still care about Battlefield 4?

Just kidding. :p

(I know they don't)

I'm sorry, premium members? I didn't buy battlefield 4 but what's a premium member?

Premium = buy all of the DLC up front for a total cost of less than the individual DLC packs, get a monthly double xp weekend, get the DLC 2 weeks early, get some extra cosmetic stuff like nife models, dog tags, player portraits, some extra battlepacks with random stuff and the occasional extra xp boost.

Of course the xp boosts don't amount to much, since by now everyone still putting any time into bf4, premium or not, could have hit the current level cap if they wanted to anyway.

I wish they would fix the game instead of adding new maps and integrating Mantle. Since the last patch I can barely the damn game. And from what I have read I am not alone. It's really a big pain in the a**. Quality control is not their forte.

It was already hard enough to find a decent hardcore mode server without the china rising DLC. Now it's going to be impossible. I think I'm done buying BF near release. I'll just wait until I can get the game with all DLC under $50

I am still rocking BF3 and am perfectly happy. I wish they would move more BF2 maps to BF3 like Jalalalalalalalabad.

I'm still waiting for titan mode from 2142 to somehow make it's way back into BF series.

Seems like they would need to make a second 2142.

I never played 2142 but know a lot of players love it. If there is a 2143, I'd jump on it. No desire to buy BF4 at all, though.

Absolutely 0 point playing these maps (except Metro) if you have any intention of flying, all that will happen is some autistic faggot will get in the MAA and spam ARMs from his base until he spazzes out or the round ends, rinse repeat. So yeah anyone know if the patch to nerf the mobile AA will be out with the expansion?

Absolutely 0 point playing these maps (except Metro) if you have any intention of flying, all that will happen is some autistic faggot will get in the MAA and spam ARMs from his base until he spazzes out or the round ends, rinse repeat. So yeah anyone know if the patch to nerf the mobile AA will be out with the expansion?

I feel for you. I stopped playing this game altogether when it became clear DICE was only interested in catering to casuals given they've given so much power and ease of use to the lockon spam. The Active Radar bullshit has been particularly absurd, especially for the Attack Heli which has been nerfed about 12 different ways (literally - I could list them) since BF3.

Unfortunately the minor tweaks to the MAA's 20mm and reduction in ARMs from 6 to 4 isn't going to stop the MAA basecamping / ARM spamming behavior. They'll just have to wait a little longer to reload, or they'll get smarter and shoot just one at a time. That's it.

The fact every low difficulty, fast reload/re-fire MANPAD including stingers will score a mobility hit on an aircraft at 100% is what takes the cake.

Back