Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Seems to be the consensus that BF4 is better on Windows 8. Also just tried it out. BF4 crashes non stop using mantle.

That consensus is from before we figured out that unparking CPU cores on Win7 fixed the one thing that Windows 8 did better a couple months ago. Windows 8 does a much better job of it, thus less CPU spikes and weirdness.

That consensus is from before we figured out that unparking CPU cores on Win7 fixed the one thing that Windows 8 did better a couple months ago. Windows 8 does a much better job of it, thus less CPU spikes and weirdness.

Well I guess I didnt see that. I stopped playing on PC in November lol. Oh well, still wanted a new ssd and Windows 8 overall feels faster to me than 7.

Game plays great for me.
No crashes after I turned off onboard graphics.
That happened when I tried to go to options.
The game playing great and the sound being gizzed is two different things tho.

I am starting to thing cheating is pretty rampant at this point, caught one too many players on kill cam mowing down 4 or 5 team mates in 2-3 seconds while taking fire.

I've taken out a handful of people at once. I think there is a lot of luck involved, because I'm definitely not that good at the game.

I am starting to thing cheating is pretty rampant at this point, caught one too many players on kill cam mowing down 4 or 5 team mates in 2-3 seconds while taking fire.

It's extremely easy to destroy people in pub games. Cheating is much less rampant than you think. Just because someone is able to kill 4-5 people in a room doesn't mean they're hacking..

Source

I bought the game when it came out and it was a mess. In the last month, I haven't crashed once and I play for few hours at a time. I upgraded to Win 8.1 as well. The so called "net code" is just terrible but I don't think that can be fixed because of client side hit detection and plenty of times I get killed 3 seconds after I go behind a wall from some other player from across the map. I play mostly Domination games and with 64 players in close quarters, the lag kill is insane at times but I've learned to live with it and just enjoy it since there is nothing else worth playing right now.

Anyone using Nvidia with the latest beta drivers (334.67) noticing a memory-leak with the Shadowplay service? I'm not sure what triggers it on my system.

Well I haven't had any crashes since this patch, and now I crash CONSTANTLY. Jeez what a mess.

Well I haven't had any crashes since this patch, and now I crash CONSTANTLY. Jeez what a mess.

Me too, I had never crashed before and now I crash about 3 times an evening. Pretty annoying but I still have a grand ol' time with this game.

What's this talk about unparking CPUs? I'm running a 2500k with W7 and could use a boost in frames, gotta figure out how I can kill Shiz still....

Nope not at all. I guess it was too much to ask to think this forum would play comp fps games. So I assume all perspectives are from pub games. This is why myself and a buddy of mine whom is a member here don't post much about FPS games. This forum is like a fucking 50 year-olds fucking slow wet-dream.

Like another guy said... I like women so I wouldn't begin to have any desire to "play comp fps games"

I do it as a release from actual life. It's obvious to us "comp fps games" are your life. You respond to everyone here in a very juvenile way... you are a stereotype teenage internet addict.

respectfully of course (that's how you try not to appear insulting right?)

It's extremely easy to destroy people in pub games. Cheating is much less rampant than you think. Just because someone is able to kill 4-5 people in a room doesn't mean they're hacking..

Source
Saedrin isn't even that good of a player and he has a ~3.5kdr, he just games at 144hz which gives him a cheat like advantage over others :p

JK bro, how come you don't play BF4 as much as you did with BF3?

I saw post on Reddit this morning about active protection being OP for choppers. I know it doesn't exist but last night I had two incidents, both with the SRAW versus a little bird, that really weirded me out:

- the instant before impact the SRAW veers off at 90 degrees
- next shot was a hit but only a passenger is killed

Was it lag (it was too crazy to watch for the packet loss indicator) or something else? Deffo rage inducing!

How big is the difference from consoles to pc for other players?

I had a 3:1 k/d on bf3 playing rush on the ps3, but on bf4 PC i'm stuck with a shitty 1.3 something. The game to me seems like it is all about being in the good grace of the server/netcode to be able to kill people. My friend on the ps4 who mainly plays defuse/squad dm on ps4 has a 4:1 k/d.

I don't think kbm can make that big of a difference.

I played a shotgun, pistol, knife server yesterday, and there seemed to be a prevalance of the DBV-12 with the angled foregrip, duckbill barrel, and slugs. The loadout makes sense, except the duckbill barrel which should have zero affect on slugs. I wonder why I saw at least 4 people using it yesterday? Is it bugged?:confused:

Anyone else getting a significant increase in FPS drop when using Mantle and zooming in (8x or more).

I can get 120fps running around Zavod, but as soon as I go to snipe I'm getting 40 at best no matter my graphics settings... (on a R9 290).

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040597697 said:
Saedrin isn't even that good of a player and he has a ~3.5kdr, he just games at 144hz which gives him a cheat like advantage over others :p

JK bro, how come you don't play BF4 as much as you did with BF3?

Working like crazy now; within the last year I went from running solo to running a team and my division has grown 80%+. Less time gaming and more time career-ing I guess.

I had a 3:1 k/d on bf3 playing rush on the ps3, but on bf4 PC i'm stuck with a shitty 1.3 something. The game to me seems like it is all about being in the good grace of the server/netcode to be able to kill people. My friend on the ps4 who mainly plays defuse/squad dm on ps4 has a 4:1 k/d.

Server/netcode are excuses most people make to explain their poor average performance. I'm not saying they aren't issues; I'm simply saying they affect everyone on the server when they do occasionally happen. My personal experience in ~55hours has been that the vast majority of the player base is, well, bad. For people who have past esports background (CS for me) public servers are basically filled with meat-pylons running around aimlessly.

The easiest way to get better at this game is to prioritize positioning. No amount of twitch reflexes or movement tricks can save you if you're in the middle of a warehouse stocked full of angry dudes. Utilize vertical cover (aka headglitching), spot absolutely everything you shoot at, and never knife people.

Last edited:

Depends on how quickly the person gets used to kb/m. Then there's other things that factor in like the in-game settings you use etc. Aiming is more precise using a mouse, with a good chunk of players having years of experience using them. I had a 3.70kd on bf3 for xbox, but it was lower on pc (2.6 something).

K/d doesn't really matter however, having fun does :).

The easiest way to get better at this game is to prioritize positioning. No amount of twitch reflexes or movement tricks can save you if you're in the middle of a warehouse stocked full of angry dudes. Utilize vertical cover (aka headglitching), spot absolutely everything you shoot at, and never knife people.

^ This also helps.

I saw post on Reddit this morning about active protection being OP for choppers. I know it doesn't exist but last night I had two incidents, both with the SRAW versus a little bird, that really weirded me out:

- the instant before impact the SRAW veers off at 90 degrees
- next shot was a hit but only a passenger is killed

Was it lag (it was too crazy to watch for the packet loss indicator) or something else? Deffo rage inducing!

i get a lot of SRAW kills on choppers that only hit the player character instead of the chopper it self.

to me it seems it has to be from hitbox lag in the netcode, like the vehicle hitbox lags just enough behind the player hitbox so that the player model gets hit first by the SRAW or other weapon.

ive killed quite a few gunners or pilots out of all 3 types of choppers that way. i also dont know if network smoothing affects this or not, but i play 0 smoothing

as for the veering off 90 degrees the only time my SRAW veers off is if someone walks in front of me, a bird flys infront of me or some other object gets between me and the chopper, something like another missile or even a bullet at the right angle crossing infront of your screen long enough can cause a SRAW to want to track that object instead.

ive had it veer off when a team member walks in front of me even tho i couldnt see them hardly at all in the sight like only a sliver of top their head crosses across the bottom of the sight. its pretty annoying.

I see the new weapons in the loadout screens but how can I get them? I don't see their associated assignments in Battlelog. I have seen a few players using the AS VAL, for instance.

I see the new weapons in the loadout screens but how can I get them? I don't see their associated assignments in Battlelog. I have seen a few players using the AS VAL, for instance.

pretty sure for the AS VAL you need 10minutes flying in a chopper and 15 squad repair ribbons,

it hasn't unlocked for me yet tho

the AS VAL unlocked for me unexpectedly. i spend a decent amount of time piloting choppers and also riding along repairing them. it's a fun gun to use.

I seen f2000 in my assault load out options last night... Anybody unlock this yet ?

I seen f2000 in my assault load out options last night... Anybody unlock this yet ?

All of the other unlocks aside from the AS VAL require second assault maps to complete their assignments; which means you can't get them until second assault officially comes out.

omg Red Alert 2 music!
Man brought back memories. I loved that game as a kid haha.

My account got phished again somehow back to Russian and my bank account wiped out.....

GOD DAMNIT WTF. I just sat through EA Chat all yesterday as they ASSURED me I have no payment options linked to my account.

I ran Spybot/Avast/AVG and all came up with nothing on my computer.

Someone help :(

At this rate I'm going to have the entire soviet union playing BF4.

Origin chat is in India and reads you canned responses. I've asked them and they admitted to doing just that. When I thought someone was messing with my Origin account, I had them change my email address. Gmail with 2 step verification seems to have done the trick. Are you sure you don't have a keylogger?

I switched to their two step log in. It has to be on their end. There's no way it's on my end

I'm Hard... This... Can't happen... To me.... Lol

Hey, the video said Warchild....Just out of curiosity are you or that guy familiar with 6thAD? I vaguely remember there being a Warchild when I scrimmed with 6thad wayy back int he day in BF2.

The only teams ive played BF for is AEM (Army of the Epileptic Monkeys), for BF942 and part of BFV, and then AEM merged with Warchild for BFV and we took the Warchild name in the merger and i have been Team Warchild ever since.

The only other group i played under during BF2 was the [9IF] and that was for a larger scale campaign type scenario where hundreds of people form battalions and fight it out on servers as more of a community wide type experience.

6thAD sounds familiar tho but i dont remember too many names that we played against, mostly 20ID, Demise, Pandemic, and a few others are the ones i remember.

There's probably some auto-aim built into the PS4/Xbone versions. I played BC2 exclusively on PS3 and had a blast. But I'll be the first to admit that the auto-aim was bit generous with long range rocket shots and whatnot.

Back