Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

If anyone on this thread is a serious battlefielder and wants to play the objective as a team let me know. I'm trying to make some contacts so we can build a real team of players that want to win, not just meander around the map. PM me if you're interested.

bump

I stand corrected. I can't believe it isn't getting a nerf though, it is so much better than any other AR it's crazy.The only gun that comes close to it in the AR class is the m4. This is why when you scrim the game there is two or three weapons used; ACE 23, ACE 52 CQB and ACW-R. I have yet to see someone use any other AR besides the ACE23. AK5-C is popular in pub games but it is never used by teams in scrims, etc. I think the ACE weapons are all pretty much in a class of their own.

Seriously??

Call me a noob here, but there's PLENTY of other good assault rifles.

M416, awesome all around gun
AEK-971 (The only drawback is the reload time is slower)
FAMAS
SCAR-H (also an awesome all around gun)

I love the Ace 23 but for more open maps, I use the M416 or the SCAR.

All my opinion of course, BF4 is my first real investment into online FPS games.

What he meant to say was "I keep getting owned by this gun and I can't use it so they better nerf it"

Seriously??

FAMAS

All my opinion of course, BF4 is my first real investment into online FPS games.

Not to be a dick but this is why your opinion doesn't matter.

Cheers!

Seriously??

FAMAS

The ace 23 is the noobiest gun in the game. It is obviously better than all the other weapons.
Same with the ace 52 and 21. Basically, you cant go wrong if ACE is in the name.

These guns are extremely op, and i cannot believe they are not getting nerfed.
Especially the ace 23, its almost not even fair to use.

I honestly think dice makes certain weapons op, to cater to noobs.
M16a3 in bf3 for example.

What he meant to say was "I keep getting owned by this gun and I can't use it so they better nerf it"

Nope not at all. I guess it was too much to ask to think this forum would play comp fps games. So I assume all perspectives are from pub games. This is why myself and a buddy of mine whom is a member here don't post much about FPS games. This forum is like a fucking 50 year-olds fucking slow wet-dream.

Not to be a dick but this is why your opinion doesn't matter.

Cheers!

Well, you are a dick, clearly.

I have plenty of hours into the game and have seen PLENTY of people use other guns than the ACE-23 for assault. Based on stats, it's not miles above other guns, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Please explain how it's "so overpowered compared to any other gun". Where are the stats on that? Maybe there's a tiny tiny bit of an "edge" but it's not miles above everything else, and that's not an opinion.

I'd argue that the SCAR-H is an elite AR too, I may have fewer hours into a FPS than you but stats don't lie.

Last edited:
With the comments of the weapons and range engagement limitation by you all it seems you engage the targets more in short to sometimes medium range rather than me mostly at medium. You will really be able to note the weapons characteristics at that range. And to note personally, the MG4 actually is not that great of a weapon compared to the PK-trust me.

Range of engagement depends upon the map. for many maps, I am indeed engaging at short to medium range. So I'll use the MG4, due to all of its positives. Most especially, dual scope/sites.

For maps like Altai Range, where I'm engaging at medium range more often. and even some long range, I switch to the QBB.

When you talk about the "PK" I'm assuming you mean the PKP Pecheneg. That gun is indeed powerful, and seems to do more damage per bullet, at medium/longer ranges, than some of the other LMGs.

but for me, the Recoil is pretty nasty, meaning I hit less. and it's pretty slow. The MG4 is easier to use for tighter groupings and shoots much more quickly. both of those mitigate what is probably less damage per bullet for the MG4, at medium/long range.

and the MG4 doubles as a close range grinder. Due to the rate of fire and the dual scope/site capability.

The QBB used to be my favorite LMG. and it still is for medium/long range emphasis. It actually has the same general damage range per bullet, as the PKP Pecheneg. But it feels weaker than it and even the MG4, which has a lower general damage range per bullet. It's super accurate, though. Especially in single shot mode.

Beat you t what exactly? Have you scrimmed this game at all? There is one assault used, ACE 23, and a selection of two different carbines, ACW and the ACE 52 CQB. Since the beggining of Jan I have done about 25-30 scrims and have yet to see any other weapons than the 3-4 I listed on a consistent basis, every now and a blue fucking moon someone will use an AK5-C or a SCAR AR, but it is rare.

Once again I am not speaking for pub gamers and that community at all ( the guys who make youtube videos owning shitty pub players with SRAW, etc.), but the competitive players.

You keep saying scrims.

Are these deathmatch games? If so that would explain the use of the ACE 23 instead of others. It comes down to range, and the ACE 23 is the king of close-mid range assault rifles. It is a jack of all trades, master of none. It has a certain balance to it and recoil pattern that is easily controlled at those ranges and a decent reload speed. The AEK-971 beats it in close range encounters due to its insane rate of fire, but the ACE 23 has a better reload speed. At close range, if you are running out of bullets quickly, you don't want the AEK-971. At longer ranges it gets its ass handed to it by other guns like the SAR-21. But if you are the type that likes to get in close before you fire and need something to handle the occasional longer shot at the expense of bullets used, the ACE23 fits nicely.

ACE23 does not need a nerf. If you play some conquest you will realize that the assault rifles tend to find their niche with different ranges and different gamer playstyles. As I said before, the ACE23 fits in nicely with the deathmatch playstyle and the gamers who play it.

You can make any gun in this game OP, you just have to know its strengths and weaknesses and play to it. I had 97 kills in a round with an ACW-R on Operation Locker (high ticket server with low player count). I've had 50 plus kills with a suppressed M249 on Guillin Peaks.

I prefer the aek over the ace23 tbh. The ace seems "nooby" since it's a popular gun, but it isn't any more powerful than the other ar's I've used in this game.

well, turned from a bad game into an unplayable game.

can't maintain a game for more than 15 minutes at a time after their new patch.

too bad i can't get a refund. should've just stuck to my plan and bought the $20 maximum premium ultra deluxe edition a year down the road...

DICE commented on game balancing and the ACE 23 specifically (point 3) today lol

1) Players have suggested that the TV missiles be allowed to 1 hit kill enemy aircraft. While we initially considered increasing their damage to 90% from 80%, we decided against this change. The TV missile is not intended to be an anti-aircraft weapon system, and while skilled players may currently be able to use it that way, we do not find its current damage level to be imbalanced.

2) Players have also suggested that Sniper Rifle and 12G SLUG rounds be allowed to penetrate body armor at close range. The purpose of body armor is to specifically counter these kinds of threats, and players with these weapons have received significant buffs to accuracy to allow them to achieve close range headshots with higher frequency. Finally, the goal of 12G SLUGS is a long range alternative for shotguns, players wishing to defeat body armor at close range with shotguns should utilize the 12G FLECHETTE rounds instead.

3) As a capable all around weapon, players have suggested the GALIL ACE 23 is over powered. Players of specific types, especially competitive players, will gravitate towards a weapon that can work in any situation. The ACE 23 is out performed at close range, long range, and has competitors at medium range. We see no need for a change at this time.

4) Below Radar has been a hot topic, asking why it was “removed” from BF4. Below Radar was never a part of the original design for BF4’s locking mechanics, and while we have discussed allowing a low altitude state to cause lock on to take longer, the added frustration of being unable to lock on to targets does not offset the added danger to helicopters at low altitude. Furthermore, having a low altitude state only affect PASSIVE or ACTIVE radar missiles would add additional confusion, as it did in BF3 when stingers still worked on Below Radar vehicles.

5) Long Range scopes for DMRs were tested extensively internally before release. We specifically removed these scopes from those weapons as we found any class being able to effectively snipe was detrimental to the overall pace and gameplay of BF4. We have no intentions of adding those scopes to DMRs for BF4.

6) As a guaranteed get out of jail free card, aircraft counter measures are only designed to allow a vehicle to escape distant danger, not to enable the aircraft to be immune to lock on weaponry. While this is a tricky balance, we’re currently happy with the reload times and amounts of counter measures carried by aircraft.

7) MAA is too powerful against the AC130 and other ground vehicles. The reduction to the range of the MAA cannons should address the issue of the AC130, and at this time we feel that the balance between MAA and other ground vehicles is appropriate.

8) Ground destruction makes vehicle driving difficult after significant combat. We’re happy that the dynamic aspect of BF4 has a direct impact on the gameplay, and at the moment do not think this is in need of any tweaks.

9) Some players have been disappointed in the rate of fire of the G36C carbine, citing it being different from BF3. We understand the feelings of fans when their favorite gun doesn’t work in the same way it was before, however BF4 is its own game, with its own balance, and all weapons received various changes and balance factors. We do not intend to change the rate of fire of the G36C.

10) Attack helicopter maneuverability is also a hot topic. We’re open to the idea that the Attack Helicopters could benefit from an increase in speed and maneuverability. At the moment, we’ve made tweaks to the primary threats for Attack Helicopters, and we want to see how that change affects the battlefield before we make additional changes blindly.

DICE commented on game balancing and the ACE 23 specifically (point 3) today lol
3) As a capable all around weapon, players have suggested the GALIL ACE 23 is over powered. Players of specific types, especially competitive players, will gravitate towards a weapon that can work in any situation. The ACE 23 is out performed at close range, long range, and has competitors at medium range. We see no need for a change at this time.

HA! Called it. See bolded.

CaptNumbNutz said:
You keep saying scrims.

Are these deathmatch games? If so that would explain the use of the ACE 23 instead of others. It comes down to range, and the ACE 23 is the king of close-mid range assault rifles. It is a jack of all trades, master of none. It has a certain balance to it and recoil pattern that is easily controlled at those ranges and a decent reload speed. The AEK-971 beats it in close range encounters due to its insane rate of fire, but the ACE 23 has a better reload speed. At close range, if you are running out of bullets quickly, you don't want the AEK-971. At longer ranges it gets its ass handed to it by other guns like the SAR-21. But if you are the type that likes to get in close before you fire and need something to handle the occasional longer shot at the expense of bullets used, the ACE23 fits nicely.

ACE23 does not need a nerf. If you play some conquest you will realize that the assault rifles tend to find their niche with different ranges and different gamer playstyles. As I said before, the ACE23 fits in nicely with the deathmatch playstyle and the gamers who play it.

You can make any gun in this game OP, you just have to know its strengths and weaknesses and play to it. I had 97 kills in a round with an ACW-R on Operation Locker (high ticket server with low player count). I've had 50 plus kills with a suppressed M249 on Guillin Peaks.

ha i love that they've taken this stance. the ACE23 is very effective but there's lots of ways to beat it.

You guys ever have your account phished? Somehow a Russian person was able to switch my password, my soldier name, and revert all my stuff to him. I'm chatting with an EA rep right now trying to figure it all out.

No clue how the hell this happened.

Holy crap this guy purchased all shit on my debit card too.

WTF. I didn't know I even had a card saved to my account.

Last edited:
You guys ever have your account phished? Somehow a Russian person was able to switch my password, my soldier name, and revert all my stuff to him. I'm chatting with an EA rep right now trying to figure it all out.

No clue how the hell this happened.

Holy crap this guy purchased all shit on my debit card too.

WTF. I didn't know I even had a card saved to my account.

With every game requiring a forum account, separate game login, etc, people have started using the same password across multiple games. I probably have 1,300 games. No way in hell I can remember 1,300 different passwords. And I sure as hell am not going to open 1.300 new email addresses like some game companies have suggested. Even if they don't have your password they can get enough information from a security breach at say Target for example, and feed that information to a customer service rep to social engineer their way into your account.

Digital stores just make identity theft easy mode for thieves.

Yeah, I understand how easy it is. I'm just baffled at how I got phished. I haven't had a virus in...hell...over a decade.

Yeah, I understand how easy it is. I'm just baffled at how I got phished. I haven't had a virus in...hell...over a decade.

Thing is that nowadays you don't need a virus. Why social engineer each individual into downloading a virus so I can monitor their clicks in hopes of catching the correct string of data to let me into their account? It's a lot easier to work on the guy making $7.25 / hour in a dead end job. Or in the case of most companies where they move the call center to India, $0.25 an hour.

Would you care what information you gave out if you were making $0.25 / hour? Security is only as good as the weakest link.

Ask target and all of the other stores. Obviously, somebody has figured it out and we are currently somewhat helpless.

Game seems to run much better now. I hope it continues to improve. People actually die when I shoot them in the face and my kdr is back to where it usually is in this series.

Beat you t what exactly? Have you scrimmed this game at all? There is one assault used, ACE 23, and a selection of two different carbines, ACW and the ACE 52 CQB. Since the beggining of Jan I have done about 25-30 scrims and have yet to see any other weapons than the 3-4 I listed on a consistent basis, every now and a blue fucking moon someone will use an AK5-C or a SCAR AR, but it is rare.

Once again I am not speaking for pub gamers and that community at all ( the guys who make youtube videos owning shitty pub players with SRAW, etc.), but the competitive players.

I really couldn't care less about competitive anything, just as the competitive anything world barely cares about Battlefield 4. It's a non-factor.

The ACE 23 has alternatives that are better than it at many things. The stats are the stats. Whether or not people in competitions acknowledge that is completely irrelevant.

yeah comp is nearly dead in bf now. has been for years. so sad.

Yeah and it is because of people like Terpfen who run around in a public server with their head cut off and get the occasional kll and feel a sense of reward. Then DICE cracks a smile all the while knowing this game will be dead in 6 months and and CS will still be the go-to-game. Is there a developer out there that can see there is a huge community for players that; a) have played FPS games for 10+ years, are pretty good at it. Public games feel like a fucking joke and some want, b) ADS, Counter-strike with ADS would be the perfect FPS game and I wouldn't play anything else. Unfortunately I have played CS since 1999 and I just can't play it anymore and I thought, well BF can fill that role with myself and other FPS guys that have been playing as long as I have, together as a team. Nope DICE can't even release a fucking stable product, let alone balance and have it ready for any other than 'joe FPS user' who gets a kill every now and again and eats his Doritos and drinks his mountain dew.

If I was a developer I would look at League of Legends and try to make what is so popular and competitive about that into a FPS genre. Instead of this shitty regurgitated crap we have now. Diablo 3 is a great example of how to fuck up a good game, and DICE seems to be following suit. Diablo was akways about builds, loot and PVP and Blizzard fucking ruined everything about all of those aspects, why? Greed. Diablo 3 is fucking terrible and is getting water-boarded by a F2P game POE and it isn't close. I don't think D3 can be saved but I am sure the Dorito eaters will come back and buy plenty of gold and scoop that ROS expansion like non other. It is this mentality that is fucking killing gaming.

It's frustrating.

Last edited:

More than likely you got a an email what looked like it was from EA notifying you of an account change or a password reset. Once you logged into the bogus website he had your credentials, happens with Steam all the time. Always pay close attention to the spelling used in URL's

More than likely you got a an email what looked like it was from EA notifying you of an account change or a password reset. Once you logged into the bogus website he had your credentials, happens with Steam all the time. Always pay close attention to the spelling used in URL's

That wasn't it. I never got any emails until the Russian person made the switch and I got Origin emails that were in Russian :D:D

Anyways, I will commend EA on their support staff. In ten minutes or so they had all the fraudulent charges refunded and my account and stuff completely straightened out.

Yeah and it is because of people like Terpfen who run around in a public server with their head cut off and get the occasional kll and feel a sense of reward.

You do realize writing crap like this is why no one listens to you, correct?

It's frustrating.

More than you know.

Enjoy your competitive whatever.

You do realize writing crap like this is why no one listens to you, correct?

More than you know.

Enjoy your competitive whatever.

Says the guy who bought a mac mini.

This is why no one listens to you, you know that right? You bought a fucking mac mini.

If anyone on this thread is a serious battlefielder and wants to play the objective as a team let me know. I'm trying to make some contacts so we can build a real team of players that want to win, not just meander around the map. PM me if you're interested.

Add me: AllenM3

Me and my roommate are on just about daily. Told him to post in the thread too.

Good to see the Mantle drivers out at last. Let's finally put the questions about its performance improvements to bed. Anand's preliminary benchmarks weren't THAT impressive, but a free gain is a free gain.

Says the guy who bought a mac mini.

This is why no one listens to you, you know that right? You bought a fucking mac mini.

Wow, you've got problems.

Sweet....drivers give me a DirectX fail error while loading the game..way to go AMD.

Didn't run into any issues on my end. Just played a round on Paracel. Was a smooth experience. I was able to crank up the settings from high/2xMSAA to ultra/4xMSAA. Loading a round in Shanghai now for the real test. I expect to have to lower my settings back down some.

Back