Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Man, I know they improved the net code, but it can be really random sometimes. I played with a group and about 3 other people on Locker versus another small group and it was ugly. We all had about 50 ping and everyone was getting zero health kills and getting killed before the other player even started shooting. After we left that server everything started working again, but there were no visible signs of actual lag, the only time we ever experience that is when a server crashes.

is anyone else still getting crashes? I think it started happening after the latest update. I will get game stopped responding during rush and conquest mode, but not on dom or tdm.

are you cpu or gpu overclocked at all xSneak?

my cpu is, i'm thinking it might be the culprit, but I doubt it.

it is a 4770k that is at 4.2 Ghz, 4.0 uncore with 1.272 vcore.

It is stable during x264 transcoding. I'll try it at 4.1 with the same voltage to see if the game crashes.

It is stable during x264 transcoding. I'll try it at 4.1 with the same voltage to see if the game crashes.
I've found any amount of OC often causes problems with BF4 even when it's supposedly rock solid under any other situation.

Anybody having problems getting into TDM matches? Mine just hangs getting into the server now.

Just TDM.

So which is the best weapon for hipfire. I remember the MP5K being absolutely demolishing in BF3. I can't seem to find an equivalent in BF4. I have been using AEK 971 and it has been solid with decent hipfire. But anything else is just too unstable.

Also wtf is up with LMGs. Their spread is absolutely atrocious. However, I see many people still being able to hit me with it whereas, I can't shoot worth shit with those guns. Maybe I need to unlock PKP CHENG or something.

So which is the best weapon for hipfire. I remember the MP5K being absolutely demolishing in BF3. I can't seem to find an equivalent in BF4. I have been using AEK 971 and it has been solid with decent hipfire. But anything else is just too unstable.

Also wtf is up with LMGs. Their spread is absolutely atrocious. However, I see many people still being able to hit me with it whereas, I can't shoot worth shit with those guns. Maybe I need to unlock PKP CHENG or something.

The best hipfire guns are the Bulpup variety because they have a hip-fire accuracy bonus. Slap a laser on it and you should have what you want!

For pistols it's hands down the M9 with a laser sight for hipfire.

For LMG i like the M249. Make sure you fully finish the aim down sight animation before you begin to fire though, or else you will severely penalized with hipfire-like accuracy whilst aiming down the sight.

The best hipfire guns are the Bulpup variety because they have a hip-fire accuracy bonus. Slap a laser on it and you should have what you want!

For LMG i like the M249. Make sure you fully finish the aim down sight animation before you begin to fire though, or else you will severely penalized with hipfire-like accuracy whilst aiming down the sight.
So like a FAMAS or AUG 43? I don't know if I have them unlocked yet (FAMAS I have but AUG, not sure).
For M249, I have to finish SP right?

What mope said. I had to take my OC back 100mhz, and now the game is rock solid. Before that it would crash every 30 minutes.

I think you should go with the AUG until you unlock the L85A2 if you have China Rising

For the M249 you need to finish the campaign a certain way: http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefield_4_Singleplayer_Assignments
Cool thanks. I see many people with the AUG 43. I will unlock it soon enough or may have actually already unlocked it since I have been using Assaults for quite a while now. Still only level 33 though after almost 45 hours of play. In BF3 I was about level 40+ after 45 hours of play. Progression is really slow in this one.

Welp, add HOG clan to the list of assholes who don't like it when non-clan members wrecks shop, specifically whipping one of their admins asses. I guess blowing up an admin's pet helicopter is too much to handle lol.

Cool thanks. I see many people with the AUG 43.

Why are you calling it the AUG 43? It's the AUG A3.

I will unlock it soon enough or may have actually already unlocked it since I have been using Assaults for quite a while now. Still only level 33 though after almost 45 hours of play. In BF3 I was about level 40+ after 45 hours of play. Progression is really slow in this one.

Disagreed. Progression in BF4 is faster than BF3. Points are awarded like candy, especially now that assisting in some manner gets a higher point reward; spot assists, pilot/driver assists, vehicle spotting assists for snipers helping engineers, etc.

Why are you calling it the AUG 43? It's the AUG A3.

Disagreed. Progression in BF4 is faster than BF3. Points are awarded like candy, especially now that assisting in some manner gets a higher point reward; spot assists, pilot/driver assists, vehicle spotting assists for snipers helping engineers, etc.
Yes, I might be calling it 43 since it reads that way when I get killed. I never put much thought into whether it is A3 or 43.

As for progression, I was talking about my experience.

Man, I know they improved the net code, but it can be really random sometimes. I played with a group and about 3 other people on Locker versus another small group and it was ugly. We all had about 50 ping and everyone was getting zero health kills and getting killed before the other player even started shooting. After we left that server everything started working again, but there were no visible signs of actual lag, the only time we ever experience that is when a server crashes.

I think I might have been in that server with you, it ended up crashing because when I went back to battlelog after my game crashed, the room was empty.

I was so furious because I was using the MG4 and I thought I was loading 40 shells into people and nothing. I then proceeded to snipe out of anger and was killing people I didn't deserve to hit lol.

Cool thanks. I see many people with the AUG 43. I will unlock it soon enough or may have actually already unlocked it since I have been using Assaults for quite a while now. Still only level 33 though after almost 45 hours of play. In BF3 I was about level 40+ after 45 hours of play. Progression is really slow in this one.

use boosts from Battle Packs

and save them for the double XP weekends :)

i suggest only 'saving' 100% and 200% boosts for double xp weekends. there are so many 25% and 50% boosts handed out that you just don't have enough time to use them all. i think i have something like 19x 25%, 15x 50%, and 4x 100% right now. and i continually use them.

I've only gotten 1x 200% xp boost and have been getting nothing but 25% and 50% as of late.

is anyone else still getting crashes? I think it started happening after the latest update. I will get game stopped responding during rush and conquest mode, but not on dom or tdm.

I was fine the 2nd to last patch for like 2 weeks. NO crashes. Now sometimes I'll crash 3x in 3 hours or 1x in 6 hours.

A friend of mine still gets the sound loop crash, but mine are of the "BF4 has stopped working" variety.

I'm overclocked, but the crashes don't seem OC related. I'm not freezing, BSOD'n, screen artifacting, DirectX crashing, or Nvidia display driver has stopped responding.

In other news, I got $50 worth of price matching from stuff I already bought, so free Premium for me!!

Not all the bullpup's are better at hipfiring. The SAR-21 and L85 are better ADS than hipfire. But you are right in general. FAMAS, A-91, MTAR...all better at hip fire than anything else.

M9 good at hipfire? That's news for me. M9 is a damn decent pistol all around with very little side to side recoil and very narrow field of vertical recoil that is easily compensated for using a muzzle brake. It's an improved P226 because it doesn't have that slight pull to one side and tighter grouping. I consider the M9 to be one of the better long range pistols.

I always thought the G18 and 93r were the best at hip fire since they could spew out rounds faster than anything else.

Here are the primary pistols as I see them, I am leaving out the Chinese pistols and a couple of the Russian pistols since I haven't used them.

<Faster Firing, low HP-------------------------------------------------------Slow Fire, high HP>
G18 -> 93r -> FN57 -> M9/P226 -> Compact 45 -> 1911 -> MP412 Rex -> 44 Magnum -> Shorty 12ga
Please note: P226 = M9 above. P226 same as M9 except for different recoil pattern.

<Least Accurate, Hipfire Oriented -----------------------Most Accurate, ADS Oriented>
Shorty 12 ga -> G18 -> 93r -> Compact 45 -> M9/P226 -> 1911 -> FN57 -> MP412 Rex -> 44 Magnum
Please note: P226 = M9 above. P226 same as M9 except for different recoil pattern.

Speaking of pistols...

Holy crap at the 93r. Best at CQ combat, and it can be made useable up to 30 meters or so with attachments. You will chew thru ammo fast.

If you have a slower firing main rifle, but get in the occasional CQ situation, equip the 93r to fill in that niche. It will be on par with a PDW at close range and almost as good as a shotgun.

Best attachments for it are Compensator, Delta RDS (triangular reticule), and tri-laser. The tri-laser is preferred because this gun is not that accurate, but I have found that if at least one of the three lasers is touching the target, then you will at least register 1-2 hits out of the burst. Really handy if someone dashes in front of you in a hallway. The other reason for the tri-laser is the combo with the Delta RDS sight for ADS purposes and determining range. The tri-lasers actually make the red dot appear larger on your target. It ends up looking like a red triangle with a circular bump on each side. Due to the bloom of fire, if the 3 lasers and the triangle from the sight can't fit on the chest of your target, you shouldn't even attempt to fire.

M9 good at hipfire? That's news for me. M9 is a damn decent pistol all around with very little side to side recoil and very narrow field of vertical recoil that is easily compensated for using a muzzle brake. It's an improved P226 because it doesn't have that slight pull to one side and tighter grouping. I consider the M9 to be one of the better long range pistols.

I thought it was pretty funny when i saw this:

HBxS1Gq.jpg

I frequent the pistols only servers and after ~2,500 kills with the m9 i think I'm just really familiar with it and one of its attributes that I can't seem to replicate with the other pistols is its interesting hipfire accuracy.

They said they're going to buff the CZ-75 which is great because that's a weapon I'd like to use

Last edited:
I'm a big Gun Smith Cats fan so I'm really happy they are buffing the CZ-75, if a game has it, I use it.

i suggest only 'saving' 100% and 200% boosts for double xp weekends. there are so many 25% and 50% boosts handed out that you just don't have enough time to use them all. i think i have something like 19x 25%, 15x 50%, and 4x 100% right now. and i continually use them.
That's good to know. I was under the impression I could stack them all up during a double XP weekend :) I'll start activating mine every time I play now.

yeah i always used 25% ones until i ran out then moved to 50%, then on double xp i would use the 200% and 100% and when those ran out used the 50% then once the weekend is over went back to 25%.

I thought it was pretty funny when i saw this:

HBxS1Gq.jpg

I frequent the pistols only servers and after ~2,500 kills with the m9 i think I'm just really familiar with it and one of its attributes that I can't seem to replicate with the other pistols is its interesting hipfire accuracy.

They said they're going to buff the CZ-75 which is great because that's a weapon I'd like to use

Yep...sure enough you are right. I checked symthic.com and the stats add up. M9 is pretty damn accurate at hipfire.
http://symthic.com/bf4-multi-compar...&a12=None&a22=None&a32=None&a42=None&a52=None

My chart above really doesn't work if I use "hipfire" in the traditional sense and how this game defines it. If you define hipfire like I do, meaning "fire as much as possible you just met face to face around the corner and can't possibly miss", then my chart above makes sense.:D

Back