Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

I don't have angst, I LOVE the game. I'm having a blast. The issues I have are minor and I think just come with FPS style games.

The example with the snipers...I was squad leader, we had five guys, I was calling orders and three of the five squad members followed and tried to capture the tagged objective, the other knuckeheads were sitting on a roof no where near a flag and they were just sniping. They weren't sniping guys anywhere near the tagged objective, they were just playing the game like TDM. It's nothing to get terribly angry over, I just didn't really realize how some people hop in a game mode and don't even play the game.

Another example....I've been in so many vehicles where some guy just blazes through a neutral or enemy flag. Why not stop and get the points?? No one was around either, it's not like we were in danger.

Out of curiosity Rehab, what are your specs? I'm trying to convince a friend to join who thinks his 6850 can't handle the game.

I actually ran it on my HD 6850 for a few days before my 780 got here, it ran great and it actually defaulted to medium settings and it was really smooth. That card can definitely run that game just fine. Tell him to get it!

The thing that pisses me off is something that has been going on since Battlefield 2. As an engineer, as soon as I get out of a tank to repair for the driver, the motherfucker takes off! EVERY TIME! FUCK!!!

The thing that pisses me off is something that has been going on since Battlefield 2. As an engineer, as soon as I get out of a tank to repair for the driver, the motherfucker takes off! EVERY TIME! FUCK!!!

LOL that happened to me last night. I got a good chuckle out of it though....my squad mate and I were mobbing around in a tank having a grand old time and we get into an epic tank battle, two tanks vs one (we were the one) he was a good gunner and I hoped out and SRAWed one tank down, well his health get's real low, I said let me get behind you and repair...I hop out, he drives off and BOOM. Dies. *facepalm*. Had he sat there behind the rock and let me repair, he'd be alive, the last tank would have been dead.

On spotting, I habitually spam tap Q EVERY time I look down the sights of a gun on foot OR in a vehicle. I cannot believe how few people spot. I spot like crazy for two reasons, one, sometimes I don't see someone but then I spot them by spamming Q, and then the more obvious reason for helping my team out.

Am I the only one who thinks that multi-GPU is still totally broken?

Not the only one. I'd much rather have a single GPU. Have had single GPUs, for a long time. I did SLI one time, with two Geforce 6800's. Despite how old/somewhat mature SLI is nowadays, many of the old problems are still current problems. The two most important being that it usually only scales to about 50% more performance and it's pretty common that some games don't support it at all, or go through a period where functionality is broken.

Out of curiosity Rehab, what are your specs? I'm trying to convince a friend to join who thinks his 6850 can't handle the game.

A 6850 would play the game well on medium settings and resolution less than 1080p. You might even be able to get away with "high" textures.

Last edited:
Lol.

psbHXle.jpg

I've said the same thing multiple times. And yet I just ordered a 290x CFX setup. Why? Because I'm an idiot.

Coming from 2 5830's I just did 2 r290's. I mean I did it about a month ago but... oh well. and I'm a little upset that BF4 ain't fixed for SLI - I just keep checking in here and adding fuel to the fire about how it sucks etc.

Coming from 2 5830's I just did 2 r290's. I mean I did it about a month ago but... oh well. and I'm a little upset that BF4 ain't fixed for SLI - I just keep checking in here and adding fuel to the fire about how it sucks etc.

How has it been so far?

Not the only one. I'd much rather have a single GPU. Have had single GPUs, for a long time. I did SLI one time, with two Geforce 6800's. Despite how old/somewhat mature SLI is nowadays, many of the old problems are still current problems. The two most important being that it usually only scales to about 50% more performance and it's pretty common that some games don't support it at all, or go through a period where functionality is broken.

A 6850 would play the game well on medium settings and resolution less than 1080p. You might even be able to get away with "high" textures.

Presently playing on a single 460 (680 is RMA) can play on Med with @ 20 FPS on 1440

Lol, I dont snipe often and when I do I rarely go prone lol. I should try killing people with the repair tool.

Knifing just doesnt have the same effect as it once did. Its all about finding more creative ways to kill people now.

C4, Repair tools, smoke grenades, eod bot, defibs....

Got on the other team as a couple of my buddies awhile ago, they werent too pleased.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8nf7m6Dw-Y

Last edited:
I think the most fun I have is when someone is tank camping, I load up a quad with C4, drive straight at 'em, hop out and detonate. SO FUN.

Also, as of late I have had some lucky shots with the RPG, hitting a parachuter and then hitting a chopper while in a chopper haha.

Siege is my least fav. As well. Too much ground to cover if you like to play inf. This dude last night from opposing team kamikazes the attack helo into the tower and parachutes out to cap. I steal the helo and he has his entire squad spawn in on him and I hovered and rocketed the entire squad getting a wipe. It's got some really fun moments.
People do some incredibly stupid shit in this game.

Last night I had three jets in the same round try to take me out in my Abrams tank by doing a low, slow pass with machine guns only. They weren't the attack jets either that actually can kill a tank with machine guns easily. Three JU-20's barely 50 feet off the ground barely above the sand dunes on Silk Road. All three got Sabot rounds through the cockpits. One I hit from couple hundred meters out, the other two I waited till last moment and nailed them from maybe 20-30 meters.

Going back to BF3 until this one gets fixed or Titanfall proves worthy. Not having fun atm.

HAHA, that's pretty funny... 420 skill :p unfortunately haven't been doing any space travel for a few years now, been on that health kick lol.

Yeah, I learned the hard way. If you play in a server when he's in it, make sure you're on his team haha.
Ya nothing worse then getting the teams all switched up and having to play against friends. I hate it when that happens.

He almost got kicked out of a LAN party for absolutely owning the shit out of the host. So funny. :)
It's actually happened a few times...
Were you talking about the BC2 occasion? Man that was funny, they were getting heated and I think they made us play on separate teams lol... I was with my good friend WildTh1ng -(BF4 Link Profile), we mastered that game back then :D

Going back to BF3 until this one gets fixed or Titanfall proves worthy. Not having fun atm.
Spaceman, I'm down for a few rounds of BF3 - Aftermath Scavenger, I miss that mode.

I try to be in vehicles with squad mates so that you can talk to them.
One time I was fixing the chopper and the dude took off without me, so I yelled for him to come pick my ass up since it was in the middle of nowhere and would take forever to get back to the fight.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040526862 said:
Spaceman, I'm down for a few rounds of BF3 - Aftermath Scavenger, I miss that mode.

I'll join in also to give the other team a chance.

Hey check this program out dudes.

http://battlefield.realmware.co.uk/bf4-settings-editor/downloads

I turned one of the shadowmap down from 1024 to 4 and there is virtually no image degradation and I gained like 15 fps at least. My mouse input stutter is completely gone. There is a youtube video of the guy explaining optimal settings, but I can't find it.

I just tried this and can confirm I gained at least 10 fps. Thanks for the tip and the game looks even better IMO!

Ordered a VG248QE to give LB and 120/144hz a try in BF4 and other FPS games. Still plan on using my u3011 for nearly everything else though. Won't be able to give it a try until late Friday/Saturday since I'm traveling this week.

I just got my VG248QE yesterday and I found I liked 144hz better then 120hz 2d Lightboost. It might be bc I don't have the hardware to run at 120fps consistently, but I also don't like the screen dimming. Even without pushing super high frames all the time I still notice a HUGE difference with the monitor running 144hz. I literally couldn't get a sniper rifle kill unless they were standing still with my 60hz monitor. Now it's so easy that I run around with a sniper rifle like I'm carrying an assualt rifle and my KD/R and headshots per round are way better. Flying Jets/Helos is much easier aswell. I never realized what I was missing! Alot of people say the colors are crap on the Asus, but all I've ever owned were TN panels so it doesn't bother me one bit. Out of the box it does look weird(everything is bright and too soft), I used a custom ICC profile that I downloaded which gave it much better pic quality overall, mostly black level improvement.

Yes, you need to fuck around with all ASUS monitors when you take them out of the box. Whoever did their default color profiles was either color blind or retarded with the possibility of both.

Glad you like your 144 Hz. I simply cannot go back to 60 Hz gaming with FPS. It is retarded once you have tasted a 144 Hz. Reason why I don't go IPS either and 96 Hz overclocked monitors are not for me since those things look like ass in motion imo.

I guess you never played BC2 then? Best gunplay, some great maps. The biggest downside was most of the maps are very linear.

BC2 is the worst BF game that has ever been made.

maps are bad, gunplay is bad, movement is laughable(cant strafe and run in a fps game wtf?), 100% broken spotting..etc..etc

If you guys are going back to previous versions BF BC2 is where it's at!

I guess you never played BC2 then? Best gunplay, some great maps. The biggest downside was most of the maps are very linear.

BC2 is the worst BF game that has ever been made.

maps are bad, gunplay is bad, movement is laughable(cant strafe and run in a fps game wtf?), 100% broken spotting..etc..etc

BC2 is damn good fun. maps are great, gunplay is fun, the game just always delivers a fun experience.

Well I had a TERRIBLE night of K/D ratio but I still had fun. For whatever reason half of the time, I didn't even know someone was shooting at me until I was dead...

Back