Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

There really isn't any hope for the netcode then?

Most of my teamates play fucking minecraft now. sigh

You might be right, but at the same time why would hosts give a shit about the potential additional revenue when they have a monopoly on the entire market without having to compete with free community servers. And if it is indeed hard coded, which I haven't seen confirmed anywhere yet, then it seems to me that DICE's net code is a lemon by design not fit for use in FPS games.

What does this even mean?

There's a catastrophic terminology failure somewhere

You might be right, but at the same time why would hosts give a shit about the potential additional revenue when they have a monopoly on the entire market without having to compete with free community servers.

What are you even referring to with free community servers? The vast majority for any game are probably coming from well known providers. If it becomes something you can change, why would they not support it?

And if it is indeed hard coded, which I haven't seen confirmed anywhere yet, then it seems to me that DICE's net code is a lemon by design not fit for use in FPS games.

What is the problem here, do you think they can't change it? It's just not a value exposed to us right now.

After seeing the discussion about the ACE23 on here; yesterday I decided to give it a good run to see what all of the fuss is about. To start, I've unlocked every gun in the game except for 2 knives, and have only had about 60 kills with the ACE23 before using it heavily yesterday.

I play assault the most, and the two AR's I've used the most are the M416 and AEK-971 (each about 520 kills).
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/skiddy11/stats/332929610/pc/ (feel free to friend me if anyone wants to play)

After a few hours in 64 player locker matches and now about ~300 kills with the ACE, I must say it definitely feels like the easiest weapon to use. The control/bursts are excellent, and I really felt like I could be accurate at medium range going full auto, more-so than the other AR's I've used. Needless to say I think I could be efficient with any of the AR's available, but I will definitely agree that the ACE23 has the edge given it's feel/control along with the above average ROF. I'll be using it until I get all unlocks for it, but I'll then move onto other AR's to get more experience with them. Hoping to see the G3 pop back up in a future expansion as well.

I am sure the ACE is really an awesome weapon. I haven't used it a whole lot. I tend to favor the MTAR, and lately, I am using the ACE 21. The higher magazine count really helps.

On Battlelog

"WE ARE CONTINUING TO MONITOR SOME INTERMITTENT CONNECTIVITY ISSUES AFFECTING SOME PLAYERS ACROSS VARIOUS PLATFORMS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. WE WILL UPDATE THIS WITH FURTHER INFORMATION AS AVAILABLE."

On Battlelog

"WE ARE CONTINUING TO MONITOR SOME INTERMITTENT CONNECTIVITY ISSUES AFFECTING SOME PLAYERS ACROSS VARIOUS PLATFORMS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. WE WILL UPDATE THIS WITH FURTHER INFORMATION AS AVAILABLE."

Those connectivity issues have to do with players' statistics not showing up, not being unable to play the game.

Hoping to see the G3 pop back up in a future expansion as well.

As am I. They added the ACE 53 but dropped the G3, so that leaves us with only two 7.62 rifles. I would also like a FAL.

Would also like to see 7.62x39, which can offer different penetration/damage/range values to the current two types.

I guess I'm gonna have to just give up and keep all my settings on Medium.

I think it is absolutely ridiculous with a 4770k, 16gb of ram, a 7950 @ 7970 speeds, and a solid state drive I can't run this at high. It barrrrely looks better than BFBC2 and runs at about 60% of that game.

I guess I'm gonna have to just give up and keep all my settings on Medium.

I think it is absolutely ridiculous with a 4770k, 16gb of ram, a 7950 @ 7970 speeds, and a solid state drive I can't run this at high. It barrrrely looks better than BFBC2 and runs at about 60% of that game.

Something must be wrong on your end. My PC is similar in specs yet I get 50-60 frame rates at max settings. 1080, 2x MSAA.

Yeah my fps is about that, but the mouse just feels awful. It doesn't truly feel smooth. Maybe I'm just used to csgo

Is 7950 a high end card? I am not very knowledgeable about AMD cards. I am getting very good frame rates with i7-2700k, 16GB RAM and GTX780. Seems like something may be wrong at your end.

I am playing on default Ultra settings.

Help! I installed BF4 now I get "This Page Can't Be Displayed" message when launching the battlelog page on BF4 and BF3. Tried a bunch of stuff. All my other games/web pages work fine.Using IE10,cleared history and cache.Deleted Origin install files per support. Unistalled Orign and the game and reinstalled.Plugged PC directly to the modem still no luck.

Last edited:
That video nails a lot of my problems as well I guess. I thought shit like exploding when I get killed by 1 shot with an assault rifle was just me.

I feel like the latest patch made things worse..and so much more ping dependent. It was bad before but ugh it is truly awful now.

getting performance problems now, everything was fine but the frame rate has gone lower without me changing a damn thing. It's still playable but the latest patch fucked something for me.

I feel like the latest patch made things worse..and so much more ping dependent. It was bad before but ugh it is truly awful now.

The last patch does seem like it was two-or-three steps backwards. I've pretty much given up for now. At the rate at which things are actually being fixed I wouldn't doubt it if it took another couple of months to see any real improvement.

*PLEASE READ*

The ACE23 is no longer the best assault rifle!

I have a 2.75 KDR and never camp or use vehicles to boost my KDR, I'm definitely not a noob, I almost always finish 1st. I play primary assault on all maps/game modes and revive people like crazy more then anyone I know, I PTFO and even go outta my way to revive xmas noobs :p

I've played this game for a total of 95hrs and in that time I have achieved 3,760 kills with the ACE23, it was hands down the best assault rifle, but not any more...

The new best assault rifle now is the L85A2!

When rapid burst firing using the below loadout it's an amazing combo and takes enemies down fast then any other assault gun, the accuracy is awesome...
hvq1.jpg

I can't put enough emphasis on using a suppressor, the benefits far exceed any of the negatives you get from using it. I can't count how many times I've flanked a large group of enemies and have gotten multiple multi-kills without them knowing where they are getting shot from. With using the suppressor you just need to lead your shots at long range. It's pretty easy to do with a few hours of practice.

Even though the accuracy is lower on the L85A2 in comparison to the ACE23, the higher rate of fire is what really counts. I definitely take down enemies faster with the L85A2. You can learn to control the gun with burst firing it. Stability and hip fire is better also.

mvb9.jpg

[H] member Rattle and I have been tearing it up, I think he uses the same gun...
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/416997870404156864/336717693/

Also you guys should try using my config, it's the best image quality/performance config, makes it very easy to acquire targets, even my friends with 780's use these settings.

Logitech (G400)MX518 mouse w/ ADNS-3090 sensor 1800 DPI @ 500hz w/ fresh teflon feet
In-game: GstInput.MouseSensitivity 0.055
Corsair Vengance K70 Cherry MX Blue
Black Glass ICEMAT II
6/11 Win Setting

1920x1080 @ 120hz
70 FOV
Motion Blur - Off
DOF - Off
Texture Quality - Ultra
Texture Filtering - Ultra
Lighting - Medium
Effects - Low
Post Process Quality - Medium
Mesh Quality - Low
Terrain Quality - Ultra
Terrain Decoration - Low
AA Deferred - 2xMSAA
AA Post - Off
Ambient Occlusion - Off

FPS: Min 85, Avg 115, Max 200

I am getting extreme rubber banding/lag. Have been for over a week. The servers have a ping of 60-90, and I tend to have a ping of 60-80. But it feels more like 300 to me. :(

I also dislike the suppressors as the range drop (literately in half) seems a bit too much to me. I don't see much of anyone using them either. Obviously I would expect a downside, but I think they can be a bit better.

I am getting extreme rubber banding/lag. Have been for over a week. The servers have a ping of 60-90, and I tend to have a ping of 60-80. But it feels more like 300 to me. :(

I also dislike the suppressors as the range drop (literately in half) seems a bit too much to me. I don't see much of anyone using them either. Obviously I would expect a downside, but I think they can be a bit better.
Also I honestly do better with a100 ping compared to 60 ping, dice's netcode is still messed up.

There's no bullet drop using a silenced assault rifle, it's only the speed of the bullet(muzzle velocity) that's reduced... on the ACE23 it goes from 620m/s vs 330 m/s when having it suppressed.

So you only hafta lead to the left or right of the enemy if they are running across your screen at long distance, you don't have to compensate for drop just the speed of the bullet.

It honestly makes a huge difference, if your a smart player and know the maps/spawns well using a suppressor is a huge advantage.

My kdr went from 1.5 to 3.5 per game when I switched to PDW + Suppressor. Makes a huge difference.

Let's be clear; that's an allegation and the guidance is being issued by The Motley Fool which holds shares in Activision.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1040506141 said:
The ACE23 is no longer the best assault rifle!

I totally agree with you. Started using the L85 when I saw that you were using it. I find it much easier to use without the suppressor, especially for full auto/mag dumping but the benefits of a silencer are to much to pass up.

I like those settings that are posted above!

One other question I'm wondering about. Do you basically HAVE to have some sort of mouse acceleration set for vehicles? I put my overall sensitivity at like 12% and without mouse acceleration the tank turret just basically doesn't budge. When I set accelerationt o like 5-10% it is fairly close to what I'm out on foot.

Makes no sense... I'm debating just setting up two profiles through the Razer software that I can hotkey to when I get in a vehicle.

Makes no sense... I'm debating just setting up two profiles through the Razer software that I can hotkey to when I get in a vehicle.

Many of the vehicles have movement dampers for the aiming of their weapons. I guess it is to simulate moving a turret or pivoting a mounted gun. anyway, yeah, if you have a mouse that allows you to flip between DPI for your laser, that's the way to go.

I have my mouse set for a medium high DPI + low in game sensitivity, for normal on foot use. Then I have one setting for much higher DPI, for vehicles or if I'm expecting very close range company. and then two lower settings, for long range and/or scopes. I also like the lower settings for running a gatling gun in a chopper.

Okay am I going crazy....?

I just hopped in the training offline thing. In settings there was an Infantry Sensitivity and a Vehicle Sensitivity and THERE WAS NOT a mouse acceleration sensitivity.

Wtf. Have I been reading "Vehicle Sensitivity" as "Mouse Acceleration" this whole time?

The older I get the dumber I feel.

Mantle support for BF4 officially delayed. Two theories: Either the performance increase isn't as impressive as AMD hoped it would be and they're in "what now, what else can we do?" re-evaluation mode, or they want to give DICE more time to stabilize the game to try to avoid BF4's launch problems casting a long shadow on Mantle's coming out party.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7610/battlefield-4-mantle-update-delayed-until-january
http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/30/5258254/battlefield-4-amd-mantle-patch-delayed-to-january

Taking my fanboi hat off for a moment I'll give AMD the benefit of the doubt and assume the performance improvement is there and demonstrable in benchmarks, but that they are frustrated with how poorly BF4's launch has gone after giving EA an $8 million dollar check for the game to be the showcase and launch bed for Mantle. Its like a baseball team owner trying to remake his team goes and overpays for a star player, and the night before the first game he gets a DUI and smacks his wife around and its all over the press.

Last edited:
I think Mantle being delayed is entirely because BF4 is still a huge mess. I mean they've delayed the DLC and halted development on it while they "fix" the on going issues. Which in reality means that they are actually finishing the game right now .. since they launched it in a alpha/beta mixed state.

I'm sure AMD is very upset right now frankly. They've paid a shit ton of money to launch the Mantle API on BF4 and because of circumstances out of AMD's control they have pretty much have to "deal" with it.

I don't think AMD would have made a big fuss over the performance differences with Mantle and then suddenly delayed it simply to squeeze out a very tiny amount of performance difference between the performance now and later.

And in fairness its not that much of a delay anyway. Initially they were shooting for "End of December" and now its January. BFD. Certainly not deserving of the typical clickbait headlines "Is AMD's Mantle in trouble?" And I say that as a member of team green that wants the competition to heat up because GPU prices are bananas right now, between the litecoin nerds buying up all the AMD cards which has had the side effect of taking pricing pressure off of NVIDIA (prices can now remain high for both brands).

Last edited:
The whole bitcoin mess needs to move to another hardware platform. Getting tired of these "bubble" trends being attached to gaming GPUs.

I got lucky and got two 290's at normal retail price but my friends who are seeking a GPU upgrade simply can not find anything that isn't inflated at the moment. Its absurd.

I hope Mantle is what AMD thinks it is because Nvidia really isn't challenged by anything right now.

Back