Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Did you guys read the news about DICE asking the community's help with figuring out what's wrong with the game. They created a channel and essentially want to do closed beta now. LOL. Part of me is glad they are doing this, but it gets overwhelmed with the pissed off feeling that they should've done this before releasing the game. Greed made them release this broken game before COD.

How do you guys feel about this?

Not only that but it's for Premium members only - just to rub a little extra salt in the wound. LOL

I just have to laugh at this. 8 months into release and NOW the beta begins. So no one was testing anything prior to this announcement?

Not only that but it's for Premium members only - just to rub a little extra salt in the wound. LOL

I just have to laugh at this. 8 months into release and NOW the beta begins. So no one was testing anything prior to this announcement?

No, that would be the dumb person's interpretation of it. The point of the CTE is to test patches and changes before they're rolled out wide. Not to "begin the beta".

Did you guys read the news about DICE asking the community's help with figuring out what's wrong with the game. They created a channel and essentially want to do closed beta now. LOL. Part of me is glad they are doing this, but it gets overwhelmed with the pissed off feeling that they should've done this before releasing the game. Greed made them release this broken game before COD.

How do you get into said channel?

At least they are taking the step. That's more than can be said than most developers. Bending to EA's will before launch is one thing. DICE seems to legitimately care, even though they have been totally inept post-launch

How do you get into said channel?
I too want to know.

I am loving me some AWS.
You will love it even more with the stubby/potato grip and the barrel compensator. Its already low recoil in any direction is even further lowered. You can go full auto on guys close or mid range, or burst fire at long range. A lot of LMG's fire and kill faster than the AWS, but none are as accurate as the AWS. The only LMG better at range is the LSAT. The AWS beats the LSAT full auto and up close.

Last edited:
No, that would be the dumb person's interpretation of it. The point of the CTE is to test patches and changes before they're rolled out wide. Not to "begin the beta".

So the smart person's interpretation is...

- Make sure testing is only for people who bought the game AND paid for premium. (because buying the game isn't quite good enough)

- Test patches/ideas/additions 8 months after retail release. (are we to assume no one outside of a few DICE employees tested this stuff?) Were we all paying beta testers until now?

I understand the point of the CTE and it's a good idea. That doesn't change my other criticisms.

- Make sure testing is only for people who bought the game AND paid for premium. (because buying the game isn't quite good enough)
Maybe DICE is banking on the Premium users to be the one's most dedicated to the game and have played countless hours. Not saying there aren't non-premium users like this, just that the number of people like that are statistically more likely to be premium users.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
- Test patches/ideas/additions 8 months after retail release. (are we to assume no one outside of a few DICE employees tested this stuff?) Were we all paying beta testers until now?
I'm sure they tested it. It passed with a D- scorecard, meaning it was at least somewhat playable for most which is sufficient for EA to publish it and for DICE to hit their goals. How well they tested it is a whole other matter leading to the community doing the bulk of the testing for them.

I see no problem with them doing this. In a roundabout way, they are admitting to the community they failed big time, but they want our help to make things right. To be frank, DICE needs all the help they can get since they keep breaking shit with each patch.

NumbNutz you are giving these pricks the benefit of the doubt, they knew the game was systemically broken....people have been complaining about this shit since BF3.

Yet, they still wheeled out the usual PR mouthpieces in the lead up to release (e.g. Bach, Matros and Kurtz) who all told bold faced lies that everything had been fixed. These people are patently dishonest, they don't give a shit that they released and sold a broken product, I wouldn't be surprised if that was all factored into their sales forecasts.

The only reason that they are back pedaling now is because BF4 has sold half as many copies as BF3 in the same period of time and the online population has HALVED since release! They know they have done irreparable damage to BF's brand and that they are going to guitar hero it into the ground. I also have very strong doubts that they can fix the netcode, it was designed around the strict bandwidth console restrictions imposed by MS and Sony.

The sooner the community jettisons BF and gets behind Epic's new UT the better.

I have to agree that it is ridiculous they are just now trying to fix the game. I haven't played in a few months and could not honestly say whether or not I'd fire it back up if the game were fixed and performance wasn't so atrocious.

I have to agree that it is ridiculous they are just now trying to fix the game. I haven't played in a few months and could not honestly say whether or not I'd fire it back up if the game were fixed and performance wasn't so atrocious.

Yea I quit. I played on PS4 mostly because there were less issues and I dont think I will ever reinstall BF4 or buy another BF for that matter.

You drama queens done yet? The game has never been "broken," broken means a game is unplayable at a basic level and is unplayable by anyone. The game has had some fairly big issues, which have been fixed. Why anyone would complain that Dice is implementing a program to increase their quality control is mind boggling.

I'm happy about them trying to fix the netcode, sure.

This certainly puts things in perspective, though. This step should have occured before the game was released. BF4 isn't some indie game. They invest serious cash on Battlefied, and they make serious cash from battlefield. When it comes out, something as fundamental as the netcode shouldn't be half-assed. I think the long-time players certainly deserve better.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun in the CTE servers. Gunplay is simply more satisfying when you see your shots doing what they're supposed to do.

You will love it even more with the stubby/potato grip and the barrel compensator. Its already low recoil in any direction is even further lowered. You can go full auto on guys close or mid range, or burst fire at long range. A lot of LMG's fire and kill faster than the AWS, but none are as accurate as the AWS. The only LMG better at range is the LSAT. The AWS beats the LSAT full auto and up close.

I actually use the bi-pod, I like to setup somewhere nice and mow down anyone in my cross hairs.

You drama queens done yet? The game has never been "broken," broken means a game is unplayable at a basic level and is unplayable by anyone. The game has had some fairly big issues, which have been fixed. Why anyone would complain that Dice is implementing a program to increase their quality control is mind boggling.

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C22X3FxILD8

They cannot fix the netcode wiithout essentially recoding the entire game. So yeah, the only fix is BF5 done correctly without console limitations.

The game plays well enough to enjoy for the vast majority of people, so no, the game is not broken, you cry babies need to put your big girl panties on.

The game plays well enough to enjoy for the vast majority of people, so no, the game is not broken, you cry babies need to put your big girl panties on.

From time to time it has been broken. But I essentially agree, it really isnt that much worse than every other BF game since 42'. Especially the netcode, it's always been wonky one way or the other, it's just how BF games are.

No. This code is the worst. Especially with dick bags from brazil with 200+ ping skipping about.Play in your own damn hemisphere. That is probably my main complaint. It isn't too bad if you are playing frm people in your area in a 32 man.

I will say the issue of high ping bastards (150ms+) are equally the fault of Dice as well as shitty server admins.

If I had a server -- I can promise you anyone with over a 90-100ms ping would be booted instantly. Depending on the time of day, I see people from asia playing in US servers pinging at a steady 300ms+ that's just fucked up that the net code allows that level of retard to fly. Back in the old days if your ping sucked, you just didn't play multplayer games. I missed out on years of Quake because I was stick on a 28.8 modem

The guy from asia with a 300ms ping can run around doing whatever he wants to (essentially living 1/3 of a second in the past at all times) Doesn't matter how much you shoot him, because according to his client side netcode system, you didn't shoot him at all.

I'm going to go out on a limb here but the current implementation is just a reflection the trend in this country to "include everyone" no matter how fast/slow smart/dumb you are.

Simple fact of the matter is if you ping that high, you have no business playing multiplayer games, but our "me too" society finds a way to include these pieces of shit even though it's a detriment to every other normal high speed player.

Especially the netcode, it's always been wonky one way or the other, it's just how BF games are.

No netcode is perfect, but simply dismissing current issues with BF4 by referencing earlier BF games makes me seriously question whether you actually understand the difference between client side vs server side hit detection and 10hz tick rate vs 66hz and above tick rates, because there is a demonstrable difference between them which clearly makes one form of netcode vastly superior to the other.

I'm going to go out on a limb here but the current implementation is just a reflection the trend in this country to "include everyone" no matter how fast/slow smart/dumb you are.

That's exactly what the issue is, but the imperative is driven by profit and demanded by Sony and MS to ensure consistent experiences for everyone on their consoles.

I never really had a problem with BFs netcode, the game just sucks period, everything after 2142 sucked cause EA bought DICE and catered to consoles.
The single player campaigns in BF3 mostly and a bit in 4 were pretty good, but the multiplayer is for n00b cod newcomers, twitch kill, cry, btich moan and do mom jokes. Its ridicoulous. That's how EA builds its fan base, almost as bad as Activision.

You want to go back to glorious days of PC master race I suggest Red Orchestra 2/Rising storm, much more tactical and realistic then any of the n00b games I mention in first paragraph, no console port bs. 64 players per server, commanders with Arty, reminds me of BF2 when I first played it while the franchise was still good. Game was free for 24 hours a few weeks ago with 75% off Rising storm so it cost me about 5 bucks. Now your going to have to spend about 30 bucks for both. But its still better then spending 100 on n00bfield 4 with all its stupid DLC.

I honestly haven't experienced any of what you're talking about with BF4. It's a FAR CRY from Call of Duty.

I'd go with this, even though it has lots of problems. RO2 was heavily mainstreamized to cater to the BF crowd to, which is what I find ironic about that post. Complaining about dumbing down a game and making it have a broader appeal and then recommending another title which has done just that.

I'd go with this, even though it has lots of problems. RO2 was heavily mainstreamized to cater to the BF crowd to, which is what I find ironic about that post. Complaining about dumbing down a game and making it have a broader appeal and then recommending another title which has done just that.

Yes they catered to the BF crowd, its a similar game but if you play it you will see it takes much much more thinking and tactics compared to run to flag A cap kill n00b with my ultra fast 15 year old reflexes rinse and repeat. BF is a joke and it has been a joke since EA bought DICE face it.

Yes they catered to the BF crowd, its a similar game but if you play it you will see it takes much much more thinking and tactics compared to run to flag A cap kill n00b with my ultra fast 15 year old reflexes rinse and repeat. BF is a joke and it has been a joke since EA bought DICE face it.

Upgrades, rare weapons based on cool-factor, unlocks, heroes, corny "heroic lines" at the start of each mission, artificially enhanced power of Japanese bayonets and fatal shots which can be bandaged in 3 seconds making your injuries "all better". And more. Sorry, you can't really complain about BF and then talk about how great RO2 is. Mechanics wise it incorporated a lot of the over the top silliness BF is known for.

Upgrades, rare weapons based on cool-factor, unlocks, heroes, corny "heroic lines" at the start of each mission, artificially enhanced power of Japanese bayonets and fatal shots which can be bandaged in 3 seconds making your injuries "all better". And more. Sorry, you can't really complain about BF and then talk about how great RO2 is. Mechanics wise it incorporated a lot of the over the top silliness BF is known for.

You are clueless, heroes is nothing but a rank status and is much harder to achieve then n00bfields ranking system.
Corny heroic lines? In case you didn't know that's how comradery works and in WW2 they did say that to each other. Artificially enchanced bayonets? Umm what are you smoking, the devs put that to balance the game, the japs had no semi auto rifles so they put default bayonets, in soviet campaign you have to unlock the bayonets, wtf is your problem? You have no clue what your talking about. A bayonet will kill you in one shot.And it is realistic, its the banzai effect, in case you didn't know they pumped the jap soldiers with amphetamines and sake to do that, so its not that artificial genius. And as far as fatal shots that can be bandaged seems like you played the game for one day and think you know what your talking about, the bandages only apply to arm or leg wounds, if you get shot in heart, chest or head your dead period so don't give me that crap. Injuries all better? yeah in BF you self heal in normal mode or even in hardcore the magic med pack will heal you. And yes it got a lot of mechanics from BF except for one thing BETTER tactics and realism where you have to use your brain instead of brainless zombie twich killing.
Now sit down. Your probably an EA employee

Last edited:
I never really had a problem with BFs netcode, the game just sucks period, everything after 2142 sucked cause EA bought DICE and catered to consoles.
The single player campaigns in BF3 mostly and a bit in 4 were pretty good, but the multiplayer is for n00b cod newcomers

Haha WHAT? BF3's single player is abysmal. It's constantly serving up examples of why mainstream game design is absolutely in the toilet. BF4's single player is slightly better. In that it has less mind boggling instances of disconnect between what the player probably will think they should do Vs. what the game actually needs from you.

Bad Company 1 has the best single player FPS experience of last generation. Too bad it wasn't on PC.

Haha WHAT? BF3's single player is abysmal. It's constantly serving up examples of why mainstream game design is absolutely in the toilet. BF4's single player is slightly better. In that it has less mind boggling instances of disconnect between what the player probably will think they should do Vs. what the game actually needs from you.

Bad Company 1 has the best single player FPS experience of last generation. Too bad it wasn't on PC.

BF4s single player was incoherent to say the least, wtf was Dima the spetznas from BF3 doing in a Chinese prison and then dies from falling off a snow carrier? Also no explanation as to why Russians were involved in the Chinese incident. BF3 was much more beleivable

The BF3 campaign was much better especially the comrades mission where Dima pwnz. ANd if you really want to know the story there is a book called BF3 the Russian and its all about Dima and the single player campaign as well as Blackburn the marine only much more detail and the ending is different, im not gonna spoilt it for you, you have to read it.

Bad Company 2 was amusing, Bad Company 1 I cant speak cause it was console only and I don't do consoles.

Last edited:
You are clueless, heroes is nothing but a rank status and is much harder to achieve then n00bfields ranking system.
Corny heroic lines? In case you didn't know that's how comradery works and in WW2 they did say that to each other. Artificially enchanced bayonets? Umm what are you smoking, the devs put that to balance the game, the japs had no semi auto rifles so they put default bayonets, in soviet campaign you have to unlock the bayonets, wtf is your problem? You have no clue what your talking about. A bayonet will kill you in one shot.And it is realistic, its the banzai effect, in case you didn't know they pumped the jap soldiers with amphetamines and sake to do that, so its not that artificial genius. And as far as fatal shots that can be bandaged seems like you played the game for one day and think you know what your talking about, the bandages only apply to arm or leg wounds, if you get shot in heart, chest or head your dead period so don't give me that crap. Injuries all better? yeah in BF you self heal in normal mode or even in hardcore the magic med pack will heal you. And yes it got a lot of mechanics from BF except for one thing BETTER tactics and realism where you have to use your brain instead of brainless zombie twich killing.
Now sit down. Your probably an EA employee

You joined to troll for TWI didn't you? And no, bayonets do not make my vision turn black and white while muting out sound. My bayonets/rifles never did that to me. Your whole post is based upon nonsense. :D As you even mentioned, RO2 has plenty of artificial mechanics thrown in simply for the sake of balance commercializing the series. Just like Battlefield, which you seem to hate.

Especially with dick bags from brazil with 200+ ping skipping about.

the entire PC gaming playerbase in Brazil must have made a pact to only connect to north american servers. i see a shit ton of them.

the entire PC gaming playerbase in Brazil must have made a pact to only connect to north american servers. i see a shit ton of them.

Right? And I get great pings to those servers..

Also Brazil has more PC gamers than anything else due to the HUGE tax that comes with being a console owner. Surprised more companies don't pick up and manipulate that.

I will say the issue of high ping bastards (150ms+) are equally the fault of Dice as well as shitty server admins.

If I had a server -- I can promise you anyone with over a 90-100ms ping would be booted instantly. Depending on the time of day, I see people from asia playing in US servers pinging at a steady 300ms+ that's just fucked up that the net code allows that level of retard to fly. Back in the old days if your ping sucked, you just didn't play multplayer games. I missed out on years of Quake because I was stick on a 28.8 modem

I am going to defend the server admins here, only because I use to admin on Bad Company 2. The high pingers connecting to servers cannot always be taken care of.

1. DICE and EA implemented something new called Official and Ranked servers. If you play on Official servers, you are shit out of luck. You can't kick or ban anyone per EA/DICE's terms and conditions. But at the same time if you want to get your server up and going and keep it populated if you don't already have an established player base, then you have no choice but to stick to Official servers that allow connections to the "Instant Play" feature in Battlelog.

2. The Ranked servers are the ones running all the third party scripts to alter the gameplay. The auto team balancing, team scrambling, language filters, high ping kicking, PBBans cheat protection...all of it provided by third party software providers like Myrcon's ProCon or PBBans. Most of these third party software providers aren't doing it for financial gain, they program this shit for the love of the game and to fix the shit that DICE can't or won't. Some of these plugins work fantastically well like the team balancing or language filters...others tend to be buggy such as the team scramblers and high ping kickers. I have only seen in the past 2 months servers that were using fully functional team scramblers and high ping kickers, they belonged to the SOC clan.

3. It takes a helluva lot of personal time to admin a server. That's why all the 3rd party scripts exist. You can't be on the server 24/7 kicking all the high pingers yourself. Nobody wants to sit and admin when what they want to do is play. It's also damn near impossible to find people willing to admin at every time of the day, especially when they aren't being paid to do so.

4. It is still easily possible to get a 100 ping within North America on a North American based server, even if its for a brief second due to internet backbone issues or server issues. You are going to be booting too many people at a setting of 100. 150+...that's about where to draw the line.

5. Server scripts eat up CPU and sometimes bandwidth (chat related). You only get so much to work with before the more shit you add actually starts making things worse. This wouldn't be a big deal if Server rental companies didn't try to squeeze multiple servers virtualized under the same box's hardware to make a profit. EA/DICE allow them to do this, and unfortunately they almost have to so they can make a profit on Battlefield servers.

Last edited:
1) You don't even know what "bonsai" means, I think you may of meant "kamikaze," so the fact you don't even know that much makes it laughable that you would try to preach to anyone about not knowing history.

2) Making balance decisions like muting sound and fucking with the graphics for balance is pretty damn stupid.

3) The majority of Japanese weapons were not inferior, some were definite pieces of crap, but that was the exception, once again, how about actually knowing something about history before spouting off stupid shit?

4) Nice internet tough guy closer, i'm sure everyone is as impressed as they should be, I.E. not at all.

1)ROFL wanna talk about history enlightened one? Bonzai was the charge they did at you like maniacs just like in game, you are confusing it with kamikaze which is when their plane pilots just killed themselves by ramming your ships at Pearl Harbor. You are a joke, wanna talk about the kettle calling the pot black? Uneducated American trying to tell me about history when I was educated in Europe now sit down.

2) As for the balancing decisions you are also clueless, the game recreates what soviets, germans, americans and Japanese did to perfection. They had to do something to make the bonzai usefull, what a crazy Japanese comes running at you with sword or bayonet so you could just shoot them? What is the point to that? No to balance the game they made it so the americans blacked out and feared the attack and also the Japanese can take more damage due to this Ill repeat myself due to amphetamine and sake. You are the one who knows nothing about history and are probably a 20 year old college kid who cant even to a simple algebra equation.

3) Yes the japenese weapons were inferior if not the devs wouldn't have added default bayonets, they have no semi auto rifles like the germans, soviets or americans had, they have one friggen sub machine gun and ohh a grenade launcher. Want to talk about trolling? While I don't think you are doing it intentionally you are just blindly defending n00bfield and call of n00b with ignorant remarks you have no clue what you speak of.

4) Haha tough guy? What you mad cause you just got a Dell last year and are STARTING to learn about PCs while I been around since late 90s and have industry certs? Your rhethoric is played out and predictable, I can tell your jelly and butthurt.
Its ok Im adding you to ignore list now since my keystrokes are not worth the time to responding to a n00b

Back