• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 4 GTX 680.

PhilSp

n00b
Joined
Sep 28, 2013
Messages
6
Hey, do you guys think i will need to buy an additional GTX 680 if i want to run Batlefield 4 on high settings at 120 FPS?.

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080p
CPU: Intel 3570k @ 4.3GHz
Video: EVGA 680 2GB (not clocked)
Ram: Vengeance 8GB LP
SSD: Samsung 840 (if it makes any difference from a regular HDD)

I only have skype running in the background and maybe one or two tabs of google chrome, should i be ok with one card or just buy another one?
 
I'd be shocked if a 680 will be able to handle high at 1080p at 120fps. In fact I'll be shocked if my Titan can do that.

Beta opens up soon, try it out. Should be able to pick up a 680 here in the classifieds for cheap once the new AMD GPUs come out. Dual 680's is a killer setup.
 
I'd be shocked if a 680 will be able to handle high at 1080p at 120fps. In fact I'll be shocked if my Titan can do that.

Beta opens up soon, try it out. Should be able to pick up a 680 here in the classifieds for cheap once the new AMD GPUs come out. Dual 680's is a killer setup.

I haven't really followed the graphical updates on Battlefield Series last one i played was 2 i think :p

I guess i might compromise and play on medium, will the Beta be accessible to everyone or only pre-orders? Isn't that how they usually do it?
 
I haven't really followed the graphical updates on Battlefield Series last one i played was 2 i think :p

I guess i might compromise and play on medium, will the Beta be accessible to everyone or only pre-orders? Isn't that how they usually do it?

Preorder, BF3 Premium member, Registered owner of MoH Warfighter LE or Digital Deluxe Edition, or open beta on the 4th of October.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/faq/beta
 
a 680 can't even handle BF3 high at 120fps I don't think.

Definitely should get a second one.
 
going to see how my card runs the upcoming beta - if I'm between 30-60 fps with the eyecandy, I'm happy. If not, I'm going to see what Nvidia's response to ATi and mantle and price drops and blah blah will be the next few months.

I prefer to stay with Evga/Nvidia. I'm sure they won't let me down.
 
Sorry but no way! If you really want to get close to that magical 120 fps get ready to buy 2nd 680 and purchase a Lga2011 Mobo and Cpu.
On ultra settings Bf3 needs an Intel hex core and 2 680s for averaged 120fps, if you're lucky!
Otherwise there's usually a few settings you can turn down, maybe clock your 3570k higher and keep HT off.
 
I would wait for numbers. I am still sitting with a GTX 580 and a 1440P 27inch monitor.
 
Sorry but no way! If you really want to get close to that magical 120 fps get ready to buy 2nd 680 and purchase a Lga2011 Mobo and Cpu.
On ultra settings Bf3 needs an Intel hex core and 2 680s for averaged 120fps, if you're lucky!
Otherwise there's usually a few settings you can turn down, maybe clock your 3570k higher and keep HT off.

A 2011 CPU?

When did a 3570k get th?

A second 680 might be needed or a r9 290x? Got mantle?
 
a 680 can't even handle BF3 high at 120fps I don't think.

Definitely should get a second one.



LOL this. Shouldn't even be a question. Another GTX 680 you will have a chance at 120FPS, but even then I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 80-90FPS on BF4 with everything maxed on two cards.
 
LOL this. Shouldn't even be a question. Another GTX 680 you will have a chance at 120FPS, but even then I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 80-90FPS on BF4 with everything maxed on two cards.

There might be a big difference between maxed out and high though. I can problably tweak the settings down some more. Well we'll see when beta opens..

EDIT; otherwise i'll be forced to buy another card if i like the game, can't play anything below 100 FPS anymore let alone a FPS game :/
 
There might be a big difference between maxed out and high though. I can problably tweak the settings down some more. Well we'll see when beta opens..

EDIT; otherwise i'll be forced to buy another card if i like the game, can't play anything below 100 FPS anymore let alone a FPS game :/

might be worth waiting until atleast nov. 14th or so to see if AMD releases any mantle performance details i mean, you might be getting 120fps with a single amd card for all we know.
 
if mantle allows a 290x to beat two 680s in BF4 I'll be blown away
 
A 2011 CPU?
When did a 3570k get th?
A second 680 might be needed or a r9 290x? Got mantle?

It didn't, I'm saying if he really wants to see 120fps in BF4, he would need a six core Sandy-E or Ivy-E on Socket 2011. Believe me, it'll see great gains with Intel Hex. As well as 2x 680s.
Funny AMD didnt't show any numbers for Mantle & R9 290x etc for BF4...I wonder why!

if mantle allows a 290x to beat two 680s in BF4 I'll be blown away

Be ready to feel an ever so slight breeze then. :p
 
680 will handle bf3 at 120fps average most of the time on ULTRA as long as MSAA is off and you have a 3930k overclocked or better lol. Its the fact there isnt a CPU in existence that can run bf3 at 120fps constant thats the problem. You could have 4 TITANS and a 5ghz 4930k and you will still drop below 120fps quite often. With mesh quality on low it is possible but many have argued (with me) that this cripples your ability to get kills. I think 80+ is a best case scenario for bf3 and probably about the same in bf4 unless the engine is more efficient for CPU's. Good luck with that. If your planning on playing TDM tho that 680 is probably going to be perfectly fine. I'm talking about the giant 64 player maps that cripple CPUs lol. Wait till the game comes out tho and see for yourself. I'm planning on selling my 120hz and grabbing a cheap IPS or taking the plunge to 1440p. Its a lot more annoying knowing your CPU is holding you back then your GPU. 120hz frustrates the hell out of me. MUST HAVE MINIMUM 100fps or eyes will pop out of head !
 
It didn't, I'm saying if he really wants to see 120fps in BF4, he would need a six core Sandy-E or Ivy-E on Socket 2011. Believe me, it'll see great gains with Intel Hex. As well as 2x 680s.
Funny AMD didnt't show any numbers for Mantle & R9 290x etc for BF4...I wonder why!



Be ready to feel an ever so slight breeze then. :p

i would guess they wanted to do the reveal at the dev conference where you know, there will be lots of devs.

and EA might not want Performance specs revealed for an unreleased, unfinished game.
 
Last edited:
i would guess they wanted to do the reveal at the dev conference where you know, there will be lots of devs.
and EA might not want Performance specs revealed for an unreleased, unfinished game.

If performance was Titan crushing, and I mean min & avg both up 20+ fps in Bf4 alpha/beta you could bet we'd have heard about it by now. You know, that time they showed their new Gpus?
But it won't be. From all the leaked benchmarks, it looks like R290x will just beat Titan and cost less. Unless those are all fake. We shall see! Amazing in my books none the less. Might even pre-purchase come the 15th.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top