Battlefield 3 Trailer

The SP looks pretty rad, but please have a good MP!!! Don't mess this up, EA.

Meh, same old boring battlefeild crap, why don't they go back to 2041, that game was awesome, and actually fun.

What was weird though is that the movement didn't seem to be M&KB. Yeah it said wasd when you were dragging the guy to safety, but it looked like the game was played via a controller.

Watch carefully, you can see that it's someone trying to move the mouse nice and smooth which is why it looks controllery. It's smooth but still slightly hitches at points which is what makes me believe it's a mouse. It's easier to catch friction when you are moving real slow.

Let me iterate two things on your post if I may.

1.) If you hate MP so much in games like Battlefield, have you even tried finding a server that doesn't allow that bullshit? Sure, it may take a few attempts but you'll have a much better experience online with people. That's what I take the time to do with every game I own on PC.

2.) I'll agree with you on the SP revival, but if a game is gonna focus on SP I'd rather see a much longer campaign than one I can beat in one or two sittings. That goes doubly true for any console games I play.

I have been out of the MP loop for quite some time due to other factors...mostly having to do with "life" and "money". :) The last MP based game that I played (and enjoyed because I DID find good people to play with was BF2 with Desert Combat. However, that doesn't mean that I haven't been keeping up with what is going on.

As for the length of SP campaigns, as long as they don't suck ass, the longer the better.

Ok, so where's the Battlefield game in this trailer? All I saw was a COD clone. They better not fuck up the MP - ever since Bad Company the game has been transitioning from BF to COD.

Ok, so where's the Battlefield game in this trailer? All I saw was a COD clone. They better not fuck up the MP - ever since Bad Company the game has been transitioning from BF to COD.

COD clone? What? I hope you're being a troll.

That was badass. Of course, I don't have the money to buy a rig that can play something like that at max settings.

Ok, please explain how that trailer was anything but a COD clone? Idiot.

Personally, I have a rather low opinion of anybody that ends their post by calling somebody a name.

I guess they do let 10 year olds post here though, so it's inevitable.

they could post recommended specs for in game high settings if they wanted. Work out a deal with a hardware vendor. Each one scratches each others back, and in turn it lets us know what we need to do to prepare for the game. Just an idea is all<shrug>

Personally, I have a rather low opinion of anybody that ends their post by calling somebody a name.

I guess they do let 10 year olds post here though, so it's inevitable.

Did I hurt your feelings nerd? I guess this is a computer hardware forum, so it's inevitable.

And FYI, the guy attacked me and said something idiotic. I wasn't the aggressor here.

Looks really impressive but I'm skeptical due to the COD appearance of some aspects.

I would venture a guess that unlike you there are a lot of people (me included) that fucking despise MP simply because immature asshats can't bring themselves to act civilized and actually have fun. Most of the time its a bunch of immature shitheels griefing and screetching "FAGGOT FAGGOT FAGGOT N****R FAGGOT FAGGOT" and finding any and every way to cheat the system.

I would love to see a true revival of the SP area of gaming. I want a good story, with good action to go along with it without having to put up with other peoples inexcusable bullshit.

Maybe on xbox live, in my 12 years of pc gaming i may have run into hacks or exploiting greifers but never, not once have i had someone screetching faggot etc etc

I want a good SP game aswell, everyone does, but this just looks like everything else ive seen the past 10 years with shinier graphics

shoot brown man
USA is WIN
repeat

Like? What do you mean "like?" The entire fucking trailer was showcasing a COD game, not a Battlefield game. Why don't you check out some of the COD trailers, then check out some of the old Battlefield trailers (1942, 2).

It's nice they're trying to develop the singleplayer, but that's not what the appeal of Battlefield has been about - it's been about a sandbox style, drive-anything-you-see style FPS, with large, open maps and 64 players. This trailer showed NONE of that.

because it's teasing the singleplayer... trying to show that they can build a believable world.

Much more cinematic than CoD would ever dream of being. That was actually intense, I never got that from CoD, CoD just seemed to be trying so hard to be this over the top action blockbuster.

There was a really gritty, really malevolent undertone to the BF3 video. If they can provide a full SP campaign of that quality, awesome MP and Frostbite 2.0 they have a fucking winner, just like BF2.

I agree with some about the COD aspect of this trailer. The gameplay is similar to COD, but only in the aspect that the singleplayer campaign is typical run and gun style FPS.

You have to keep in mind though, EA/DICE is aiming to dethrone Activision and the COD series anyway possible. That means they include a short single player campaign that will provide a story background for the multiplayer. They did this with both Bad Company games, and now it is carrying over to the main BF franchise where it had not been previously.

That being said, Battlefield is all about the multiplayer. I expect nothing more out of this single player campaign than what ended up in the Bad Company games, the latest MOH, or even the last few COD games. Even though DICE is only showing the SP campaign right now, this trailer does hint at several key things that most people will pick up on and extrapolate to the multiplayer.

First, graphics. Turn this video up to 1080p and watch it. Pay close attention to how the soldiers run, and how their faces are animated. Pretty impressive stuff when compared to the competition. Every COD game I've seen has poor body motion, even the soldiers in it run as if their feet slide with every step. The textures on all the other objects are even more photo realistic than ever, courtesy of DX11. On consoles, this game is going to look like just another COD game due to the limited GPU's on them.

Second, gameplay. Not once do you see a press X, Y, O, RT, or whatever shit that they do in consoles. Even a WASD pops up on the screen telling you this is PC. Watch the crosshairs and camera pan across the screen. The biggest sign that there is a controller present is the typical move in right angles (up/down left/right) and acceleration that happens with the cursor. If it was a controller you would see as the cursor would speed up as the stick is moved further in the reach, then suddenly stop. If their was auto aim it would then snap again to the target. There is nothing but fluid movements here. This shows a clear commitment to the PC platform.

-edit-

Third, the gun handling. From what little I can tell, the gun handling looks a lot more reminiscent of Bad Company 2: Vietnam and Medal of Honor multiplayer, which is a very good thing. The gun physics and hit detection on vanilla Bad Company 2 were and still are utter shit by comparison to BC2:V and MOH.

I'm really interested in hearing about the specs for decent gameplay. It looks so incredible I'm holding off building a new PC for it.

Dare I say it?

GREATEST GAME EVAR!!!!1!

Literally got wood when I watched this trailer.

LITERALLY

Well you haven't played it yet. Curb your enthusiasm.

But...I can't wait for it either. I may have to reinstall BF2 and 2142 to get some practice in. Been playing too much TF2 and its play style is WAY different - run and gun style. I believe last time I tried BF2 I got my ass handed to me, and I used to be pretty good. :D

Meh, same old boring battlefeild crap, why don't they go back to 2041, that game was awesome, and actually fun.

That was the downfall of the entire genre.... you must be out of the loop here....

This is supposed to be the long-awaited (by truest multiplayer PC gamers) 3rd version that is supposed to have come after Battlefield 2. That was the last good battlefield game, you can ask anyone on [H] who plays them..... that was the last good one without a doubt.

Hopefully this is an upgraded version of Battlefield 2.... everyone on the internet agrees (console retards excluded from this convo as they don't have a clue).

Finally a FPS that is surpassing all others.. The last time FPS that did this im My opinion, was Half life 1 & 2 as they took the world into new territory... and of course CS of the back of that.

BF3 looks awesome, you can immediately tell this is pimp.. The sun, radiosity, smoke = sweet! The way the humans move, they are not just another version of models that have been copied over and over again, by ever other FPS.

Better get those duel HD projects setup in time for this.

Desmack!

:cool:

Cant wait, looks great seems epic so sick of CoD getting all the undeserved love .looks so realistic

Apparently, there is already an expansion pack for BF3 (called BF3: Back to Karkand..... which it says is (4) BF2 levels remade with frostbite engine! :D :D :D)

This pretty much confirms that BF3 is going to be the longgggg awaited BF2 successor!!! :D :D FINALLY! No more shitty ass BF games like the past few that came out in 2007-2010...... woot, its finally time to uninstall BF2 this year! ;)

Apparently, there is already an expansion pack for BF3 (called BF3: Back to Karkand..... which it says is (4) BF2 levels remade with frostbite engine! :D :D :D)

This pretty much confirms that BF3 is going to be the longgggg awaited BF2 successor!!! :D :D FINALLY! No more shitty ass BF games like the past few that came out in 2007-2010...... woot, its finally time to uninstall BF2 this year! ;)

I believe the "expansion pack" is free if you preorder the game

Can't believe nobody noticed this - the sound is incredible. Best weapon sounds since Counterstrike Source. FINALLY assault rifles don't sound like someone is clicking a fucking mouse rapidly. There is some real weight to them. This contributes HUGELY to weapon feel in game, whether people realize it or not. Sound is a good 75% of the immersion experience.

how much is the expansion pack or DLC on its own anyway?

It's free with the 1st run orders of BF3 (which is for some reason called, BF3 Limited Edition).

It does not say how much it will be after, but DLC stuff from EA is usually $15 minimum, up to $30 for some DLC content I've seen (usually $19.99 I think though). So, you can easily expect to pay $15+ for the BF3: Back to karkand DLC Expansion unless you preorder BF3 soon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...ords=B002I0HJZO&url=search-alias%3Dvideogames

info about DLC confirmed here: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/23/battlefield-3-gameplay-footage/

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've heard October. Atleast according to a few places I've seen offering pre-orders. Makes sense too since they will want to beat COD MW3 to market since they always release in November.

:confused: They're going to sell the same game for the 3rd time?!??!?!

Back