Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh the metro map in rush In unplayable for the first section, can't hardly run more than 10 feet without clipping through the ground. How are there bugs this bad this late in development?

Any word on when this goes live for everyone else, at midnight or 8am? I'm going to assume they're giving the early access a full 48 hours but you never know.

If that was the case, then the open beta would start around 7:30am Pacific tomorrow morning. But the early beta was supposed to start at 5am so who knows. It's been a bumpy ride so far. lol

Ugh the metro map in rush In unplayable for the first section, can't hardly run more than 10 feet without clipping through the ground. How are there bugs this bad this late in development?
The port from console to PC must have come in the late stages...

If that was the case, then the open beta would start around 7:30am Pacific tomorrow morning. But the early beta was supposed to start at 5am so who knows. It's been a bumpy ride so far. lol

Do you know if it's possible to preload the beta somehow so I don't have to start downloading it the moment it goes live? My connection is pretty slow.

I saw there was a torrent somewhere. Will that work or do I have to download through Origin?

Do you know if it's possible to preload the beta somehow so I don't have to start downloading it the moment it goes live? My connection is pretty slow.

I saw there was a torrent somewhere. Will that work or do I have to download through Origin?

There is no preloading and I don't know about the torrent file.

And stop disconnecting everyone for the servers to make room and all i can join are uk and french
servers

Can anyone else get in to a game? I am stuck on joining server and the game never launches.

I have uninstalled and re-downloaded/installed.

ffuck it ill take the uk servers but i dont know the password i know it for the us ones but theiir always ful

Hey for those of you crashing, I mean everyone.. Bring up the Task manager and stop the 2 punkbuster services under the Service tab.

Should be PnBstrA and PnBstrB.

I did it and havent crashed on any metro map in the past hour an half.

All of that looks too complex, and a bit confusing. I cant map the buttons I want, and its driving me crazy. I want mouse 2 to be jump, and mouse 3 to be zoom. I have a Logitech G500, and it is set to generic button. There is no option to set the button to a random keyboard key.

Ugggghh! Binding keys has to be one of the easiest things for programmers to do? Nobody caught on to this in the months of testing before this beta? I cant even play the game because I will not use their default setup. Im not going to change the way Ive been playing FPS' forever, just to play this game. I realize this is a beta, but its needs to be fixed, and fast.

And am I wrong, is IN a game the only way to adjust key bindings? Not from the browser, you have to actually be "deployed"?

opmdfghjkgadhkgh gahkaka]

is how i fucking feel seriously fuck you dice about 225 players outta 1.5 million get to play capsian the rest get fucked with metro... and what makes it worse is that when you refresh over and over see ONE FUCKING EMPLY SLOT you click the link before you have to click JOIN SERVER AND TYPE THE FUCKING (ctrl-v) PASSWORD it auto defaults to the first server having to RE CLICK and missing the spot fyae

Is the beta that is available on the 29th going to be available at midnight? Does anyone know? I'm wondering whether or not I should 'wait up' for it or to go to sleep.

seriously,the frustration of all you early beta testers is becoming funny now.Take a chill pill guys....seriously its just a game at the end of the day.I understand ur anger but after a while you got to move on.Good luck

Caspian Border is so fucking amazing. Don't judge the game on Operation Metro.

Why they released metro is beyond me! We tested that shit back in Alpha why the fuck would we want to play that shitty COD-like corridor shooter is beyond me... Big maps, open space, variety of terrain and buildings, how fuking difficult is that for console? I mean PC? Oops...

its probably gonna be unlocked tomorrow for open beta, so i dont see why everyone is soo pissy right now..

They used us preorders/MOH buyers to test the battlelog/servers, then open beta comes and we get new map/update.. I betcha..

Yea I don't give a shit, I wanna try Caspian, no one cares about Metro we preordered for a Battlefield experience beta not some shitty Bad Company clusterfuck crap MCOM shit.

Anyone who downloaded the latest 3 gig update look in your root folder:
We now have 2 directories:

Battlefield 3 Beta
Battlefield 3 Open Beta

And if you delete one the game wont launch...

You guys are acting like a bunch of bitches. I just got a key a few minutes ago after waiting hours and hours of no adviser available. Calm the fuck down and communicate your problems like a pc gamer, not like a console kiddie bitch.

Anyone who downloaded the latest 3 gig update look in your root folder:
We now have 2 directories:

Battlefield 3 Beta
Battlefield 3 Open Beta

And if you delete one the game wont launch...

Have you been able to play metro after update? Anything fixed with quicksand glitch and flickering?

Here is my Caspian album - http://imgur.com/a/cjSkR

The map is amazing!

LdFhh.jpg

lAE8Z.jpg

kyOOo.jpg

The Unreal Tournament 3 "beta demo" turned me into a pessimist when it comes to buggy betas. I was one of the many that was in the, "Wait for the full game, when everything is fixed, before passing judgement." crowd. And we were very wrong.

I'm not saying this game will suffer the same fate as UT3, it has a lot more going for it which is apparent in the Caspian Border map. But to anyone trying to make excuses for DICE by saying it's just a beta, that the build is probably a month or two old: do your self a favor and just prepare for the worst. It will help your sanity when you see that the game will be patched over the course of a few months (years?) and not miraculously before launch or on the first day.

The only zero-day fix I'm really praying for is a working keybind system, everything else I can pretty much live with until the patches start rolling out.

What is the new password they are using? I tried sexyelevator, but it appears that is old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back