Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased the game on Origin. Hopefully it isn't too late to get into the beta. Tried their free to play Battlefield. Wasn't having much fun at all.

The open beta starts Sept 29th for anyone and everyone, even if you didn't pre-order. Your early beta access offer ended on the 25th.

Anyone know where to find the battlelog plugin to make use of the browser.... because the link does not show up for me anywhere?

What a huge turn off, just finished downloading and installing. Had to install the browser plug in and the only way to actually launch the game is from the broswer and it only does matchmaking which I am now 44th in the queue. LMAO GG Dice, you fail. Now when I actually do get into a game not of my choice, I hope it's worth it.
you fail, go select a server and join.
i have had no problems connecting to a game all day and it looks like neither have any of my other friends.

Wow.. they ruined this game.. (shouldnt say completely, just I feel like alpha played better.) Im sorry I was so fucking excited when i got home.. Load the game up, WOW graphics look amazing, everything defaulted to high on system in sig, 1920x1080 16x AF. Not bad I thought.

Then I seen my first enemy, he never saw me, draw my front post on him, fire 3 round bursts, X's come up twice, three times, four times, whattaya know, he shoots me once with the sniper rifle... REALLY?

And what the fuck kinda flash light do they have on these damn guns? Its like putting your face in directly in front of a 10000K hid light bulb..

what sort of F'ed up mouse config do you use? :p

Just middle mouse to jump, played that way since quake..

you fail, go select a server and join.
i have had no problems connecting to a game all day and it looks like neither have any of my other friends.
I honestly think people just don't read at all. I pick servers that had 29, 28, 31 people in it and joined fine. I question how people can be so retarded to sit in a queue for hours.

Some Servers would time out right as the game ended so i got no points, but others dont do that, so i Favorited some that didnt. So far my only issues have been Keybinding wont work (trying to get mouse buttons to be reload and melee) and the Operation map's ground is horribly buggy, falling through it and it vibrating you etc.
When you actual stat track and make a "platoon" and add friends and join as a group, and voice chat, the BF3 server plug-in is awesome. You couldnt get this depth in a In-Game browser. Start using all its features and add friends and make a platoon, its really cool. (My opinion).

And im SUPER happy that BF3 auto set my 6950 graphic settings to ultra-high on everything and the game runs SILKY smooth. Its amazing. I was expecting my GPU to have to push full out to get 30FPS or something.

Snappshoota: The flashlights on guns are super high beam, hell pistols used by certain LEO's have extreme high beam lights on the rail and they can even have strobe features to majorly blind bad guys.

And people, DO NOT QUEUE, its stupid. Server Browse, filter, then find a good map that isnt full. Easy

My last game turned into a snipe fest. Bullet drop is still shit. Big problem I have right now is prone. Everyone on metro first part... fuck that, all parts is just prone'd. So dumb.

Wow.. they ruined this game.. (shouldnt say completely, just I feel like alpha played better.) Im sorry I was so fucking excited when i got home.. Load the game up, WOW graphics look amazing, everything defaulted to high on system in sig, 1920x1080 16x AF. Not bad I thought.

Then I seen my first enemy, he never saw me, draw my front post on him, fire 3 round bursts, X's come up twice, three times, four times, whattaya know, he shoots me once with the sniper rifle... REALLY?

And what the fuck kinda flash light do they have on these damn guns? Its like putting your face in directly in front of a 10000K hid light bulb..

Just middle mouse to jump, played that way since quake..

The flashlights are actually scope glares, should cut back on the annoying snipers.

Prone has always been a part of the Battlefield series. BFBC2 was an abomination for removing it.

I honestly think people just don't read at all. I pick servers that had 29, 28, 31 people in it and joined fine. I question how people can be so retarded to sit in a queue for hours.
i can only assume lack of common sense.

Well I have to say DICE is the first company to actually make a beta more buggy than an alpha. I'm pretty disappointed to say the least , the game is without a doubt beautiful but the guns are all hyper accurate , the recoil doesn't feel like anything in BF3 and in the alpha I thought that perhaps all the balancing wasn't in the game so I waited to see how the beta felt .. man what a disappointment.

The amount of bugs I've encountered is kind of surprising , warping through the terrain , guns bugging out and disappearing , shots not registering at all (wasn't latency) and sometimes my character would turn side ways and attach the ground but I could still walk :)confused:) I encountered none of these issues in the alpha , I've also had a bunch of CTD's which I found annoying. The texture flashing issue is also annoying but is likely a driver issue (I have the beta drivers for AMD).

Considering this game comes out in less than a month and they have about 5-6 days left to hammer down hard before it has to be Gold and no way there won't be a sizable patch day 1 , I just can't see this game avoiding a buggy launch. I'm going to cancel my pre-order and wait for the bugs to disappear , pick it up perhaps early next year.

Well I have to say DICE is the first company to actually make a beta more buggy than an alpha. I'm pretty disappointed to say the least , the game is without a doubt beautiful but the guns are all hyper accurate , the recoil doesn't feel like anything in BF3 and in the alpha I thought that perhaps all the balancing wasn't in the game so I waited to see how the beta felt .. man what a disappointment.

The amount of bugs I've encountered is kind of surprising , warping through the terrain , guns bugging out and disappearing , shots not registering at all (wasn't latency) and sometimes my character would turn side ways and attach the ground but I could still walk :)confused:) I encountered none of these issues in the alpha , I've also had a bunch of CTD's which I found annoying. The texture flashing issue is also annoying but is likely a driver issue (I have the beta drivers for AMD).

Considering this game comes out in less than a month and they have about 5-6 days left to hammer down hard before it has to be Gold and no way there won't be a sizable patch day 1 , I just can't see this game avoiding a buggy launch. I'm going to cancel my pre-order and wait for the bugs to disappear , pick it up perhaps early next year.

only problem ive seen so far is sometimes only a certain player will not get hit, like point blank emptying my mag, reloading, emptying, reloading, he gets up and runs away, still getting shot, and no hits.

So far on my end it doesnt seem like a bad beta build, and from what I remember reading this is an old build, and most of these issues have been ironed out already. Now whether or not theyre blowing smoke up my ass or not is another question, but I wouldnt call this worse than the alpha. the alpha was fucking buggy.

I wouldnt cancel my preorder though, seems a little knee jerk to me.

Game looks beautiful and I am enjoying the pace of the game.

As for complaints:

1- it is still too easy to strafe and shoot scoped with the sniper rifle. Movement penalty should be greater.
2- Filters not always work. I select to only show servers with spots available and 90% still show 32/32.

Yeah I can't seem to complete a game without dumping to the desktop. The same thing that happened in Alpha.

Played for about an hour and from what I've seen it plays almost exactly like BFBC2. I hope the bigger maps with vehicles provide a better experience cause I'm already getting bored of this beta. I played the bejesus out of BF1942 and BF2 but BFBC2 only lasted me 2-3 weeks before I got bored, I hope this game doesn't go that way.

Is the FOV slider locked for everyone else also? It might be my drivers(haven't updated to the latest nvidia betas) but the map, ammo counter - basically everything on my HUD is stretched off screen. Playing at 2560 x 1440 res.

yup i'm playing at 2560x1600 map and ammo counter are off the screen. So i'm forced to play at 1920x1200 atm. I also miss the sound when you replenish ammo. Always have to check my ammo counter to make sure i'm getting refilled it lol

The gunplay feels totally different to me, nothing like BC2. I hit level 10 a minute ago, decided to take a break...it definitely feels, IMO, more tactical. You have to plan your approach and really manage your cover well.

True, but what to expect when its Rush in a tunnel? I really want a 64 man conquest map so we can really see what we've got.

Isn't that kind of the point? The defenders have a certain area to hold down. It makes sense.

learn to maneuver. around and take them out

Let me explain. It's not defending. Camping is when someone sits in a corner, or behind a tree, prone in a bush etc, waits for people to pass then shoots them. It's silly and we should've found a way to prevent it by now.

This game is going to disappoint unless Caspian is awesome.

I stopped complaining about camping years ago. Killing them helps.

No offense but seeing camping complaints reminds me of cs 10+ years ago.

just fucking kill them. scan your sectors bro.

If they're hiding in a bush waiting for passerby they're not helping their team. One less competent defender is a good thing.

Mouse controls can't be changed? When I click on one of the control settings (like reload for example) in the mouse category, I can only assign keyboard inputs, no mouse buttons.

Anyone know a workaround?

Thanks!

Assign it to an unused key (numlock?) and then use the logitech driver to map that key to your mouse.

The gunplay feels totally different to me, nothing like BC2. I hit level 10 a minute ago, decided to take a break...it definitely feels, IMO, more tactical. You have to plan your approach and really manage your cover well.

Yeah I don't know how anybody could consider this a bc2 clone. Bc2 felt like and arcade to me. Being able to finally prone again adds a whole new tactical feel to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back