• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I was kinda hoping that I would wake up today and there would be Battlefield 3 benchmarks all over the net.

If it was up to me, they wouldn't even include low so chumps like you couldn't afford to play.

lol got a big enough ego?
 
I'm not surprised the game looks like that, it's only a 4GB download. Hopefully the textures are much higher resolution in the final release.
 
...chumps like me? I run the game in high/ultra. You're complaining because the DICE team cares about gameplay and mechanics more than making it look pretty, and then calling me a chump when I tell you to either stop complaining or don't give them your money. Makes total sense.
 
...chumps like me? I run the game in high/ultra. You're complaining because the DICE team cares about gameplay and mechanics more than making it look pretty, and then calling me a chump when I tell you to either stop complaining or don't give them your money. Makes total sense.

Almost as much sense as you saying better graphics are a bad thing. But hey if you enjoy swinging from EA's nuts, be my guest. Some of us have standards.

:rolleyes:
 
I never said better graphics were a bad thing. I simply stated that if that's your only benchmark, then don't give DICE your money.
 
I got in finally, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as it did in that vr-zone 1080p video even though I maxed everything. I also can't figure out how to say anything in-game... there's no keybind in the options even though I've seen people chatting. Additionally can't bind mouse 4/5 buttons which is aggravating as I use those for sprint/crouch in BFBC2 on the side of my mouse. Is there some bug with the game's settings, or is it really going to look this bad? It doesn't even appear as good as BFBC2 to me. I got disconnected eventually, which is why I'm here, trying to get back in.

All servers I'm trying now have huge queues, and it keeps erroring when trying to enter... combined with the late keys, cruddy chat CS I encountered, etc. I'm pretty annoyed.

Sounds like the Alpha when I played it.

:)
 
GoldenTiger, J is squad speak. K is team speak. L is everyone talk.

Thanks :). Just as an FYI if you didn't catch my followup posts, the graphic settings are stuck on low regardless of in-game setting, if you're someone who can pass that on :). I included screenshots of Ultra and Low.
 
dont take a piss guys, it will dc you from the server

didn't think i would need the bucket system today...
 
Looks about the same as the Alpha. What's the destruction like?

Destruction seemed reasonably good, but the whole thing is very underwhelming on these graphic settings... lots of split points for a bench for example (several quadrants on the backrest, a bunch on the seat, the bench would split in half eventually, etc.), walls put out nice sized chips on tile, etc. when shot at. Metal pipes give off nice sparks.
 
Queue is lame as hell give me a break.

EDIT : LOL - Reservation Timed out and lost spot in queue...
 
Damn this game is gonna be sick once we get to the better maps.
Recoil is huge wow. Loving it.
 
dont take a piss guys, it will dc you from the server

didn't think i would need the bucket system today...

Yeah, it's annoying, it has a 1 minute or so disconnect timer, I alt-tabbed to write a quick post and was offline inside of about that span. Now I'm unable to find a server to get into... oh well, here's hoping for graphics bug fix & more servers soon.

Damn this game is gonna be sick once we get to the better maps.
Recoil is huge wow. Loving it.

Yeah, there's some serious recoil on the weapons, it's solid. I can't wait to try better maps + conquest mode with vehicles... and Ultra graphics ;). The gameplay seems good thus far.

Another annoying bug is that I had to go into some "screen size" window and keep trying by trial and error with shrinking it to get the whole HUD onto my display... if I matched it to my monitor's size it would render at proper sizing but most of the HUD would be off-screen. I eventually found a setting that let the HUD stay onscreen but now it's very small :mad:.
 
Damn this game is gonna be sick once we get to the better maps.
Recoil is huge wow. Loving it.

Yeah, I personally felt that damage and recoil was spot-on in the Alpha, it was a happy mix between Hardcore and Vanilla.

What's the spotting like?
 
Err holy crap I need to be able to change my Origins name...used a standard account name of mine, shouldn't be an in-game name though :(
 
Got my BF3 early beta access key, and I pre ordered physical copy. Love you long time origin!!!!
 
I kinda dislike using your web browser as the server browser. Also, my middle mouse button does not map in the key bindings.
 
Runs great on ultra settings, no AA, no ambient occlusion at 1920x1200 x3 (like 6048x1200 or whatever it is) on the WHQL drivers, havent gotten the beta release yet. Great is dips down to around 35 under heavy effects.
 
I kinda dislike using your web browser as the server browser. Also, my middle mouse button does not map in the key bindings.

Keeps the game lighter and is an easy way to keep the browser updated. I am ok with it.
 
I can't get it to launch period. It either sits are joining game or server queue in the bottom left hand corner of the web interface.
 
I can't get it to launch period. It either sits are joining game or server queue in the bottom left hand corner of the web interface.

I had some odd issues like that as well, I set origin and BF3 to run as administrator on the compatibility tab for each executable and it seemed to clear things up.
 
wow it was awesome. better than I expected even. I spawned in a bush and set my keys, then I went 7-2 in the last 3 or 4 minutes of the round. Good feeling guns, the graphics were great, had everything on Ultra. clean, crisp looking, not sure if this is final or if any settings are bugged on my end (was kinda too busy shooting to stop and stare at things) but it looked great. Second round I came from the left side as attacker running from bushes to bushes, and must've got 5 or 6 guys without dying before the server connection was lost. It was a great 10 minutes though, I'll say that. The gameplay had a cool, decisive feel to it. less ramboing and bunny hoppy randomness than other war FPSes I've played. Was really fun.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top