Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What made BC2 not a real battlefield game? Small maps, not enough players, not enough vehicles. BF3 adds all of those. Sounds like a real Battlefield game to me.

So, now that they have their pre-order bonus shit sorted, I will be picking this one up for sure.

What made BC2 not a real battlefield game? Small maps, not enough players, not enough vehicles. BF3 adds all of those. Sounds like a real Battlefield game to me.

So, now that they have their pre-order bonus shit sorted, I will be picking this one up for sure.

Where do you plan on pre-ordering? I'm hoping there are some deals coming out within the next few weeks.

-revive people through walls
-3d spotting through solid objects
-10+ shots to kill someone
-No teamwork emphasis
-unlimited vehicle ammo
-No magazines or clips
-No commander
-Gustav
-ridiculous bullet accuracy at range
-Unlimited sprint and jumping
-Accuracy while jumping and strafing and running
-4 player squads
-No commorose
-Deaths after being revived
-Health Regeneration
etc etc. the list literally goes on and on.

Those were core gameplay attributes. You can't add in a few things and say its not just another shitty console port like BC2.

-No teamwork emphasis
-unlimited vehicle ammo
-No magazines or clips
-No commander
-Gustav
-4 player squads
-No commorose
-Health Regeneration

Those were core gameplay attributes. You can't add in a few things and say its not just another shitty console port like BC2.

Play hardcore mode and you elimate health regen and excessive health....to me those are high level symptoms of consolities.

Im not really a fan of limited jumping and sprinting...I actually find it annoying having to strobe the sprint button when i stop sprinting on games like that.

3d spotting, unlimited vehicle ammo, and some of the other points I DO agree should have been fixed though.

-No teamwork emphasis
-unlimited vehicle ammo
-No magazines or clips
-No commander
-Gustav
-4 player squads
-No commorose
-Health Regeneration

LOL GUNS ARE ACCURATE WAHHH

-No teamwork emphasis
-unlimited vehicle ammo
-No magazines or clips
-No commander
-Gustav
-4 player squads
-No commorose
-Health Regeneration

A good chunk of these things were present in bf1942, so while we may argue whether or not they are good things, they were present in bf from the start.

It still amazes me that people play non-hardcore mode. 3D Spotting in the first place is a stupid mechanic.

It still amazes me that people play non-hardcore mode. 3D Spotting in the first place is a stupid mechanic.

This, I played maybe 5-10 nonhardcore games when I first got the game then never touched them. Hardcore is by far the better game mode if you're looking for realism and since you're playing BC/BF and not MW I would hope you are.

This, I played maybe 5-10 nonhardcore games when I first got the game then never touched them. Hardcore is by far the better game mode if you're looking for realism and since you're playing BC/BF and not MW I would hope you are.

When I'm playing a video game I'm rarely looking for realism.

I just wish servers would run regular mode with 3d spotting disabled. I don't even aim at people any more, just triangles. Even when I 'see' the guy I instinctively spam Q and aim for the triangle. Not really a big fan of the sniper camp fest hardcore mode promotes

I just wish servers would run regular mode with 3d spotting disabled. I don't even aim at people any more, just triangles. Even when I 'see' the guy I instinctively spam Q and aim for the triangle. Not really a big fan of the sniper camp fest hardcore mode promotes

pretty much this.

hardcore is just, really slow paced and boring. It just doesnt feel right with this game.

A good chunk of these things were present in bf1942, so while we may argue whether or not they are good things, they were present in bf from the start.

Um, only the "does not have" parts of the list were in 1942. BF2 was a vast improvement on 1942, and bf3 is apparently moving backwards.

And to the person that mocked my comment about accuracy, the game has serious issues with accuracy. If you use the mg36, for example, its a matter of pointing the red dot at a spotted person and shooting right at the base of the triangle from any range to get a headshot.

Last edited by a moderator:
health regen worked really well in BC2. it took fucking forever so medic was still important as ever but you had hope of getting back into the thick of shit and not dropping dead because a gnat farted 5 minutes later.

spotting was fucking broken as all hell and it's no wonder they are changing it.

no commorose amounted to nothing except for a lot less ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED, which can swing either way on the scale of good or bad.

commander was boring and i'm not entirely convinced people didn't just play it for the pin and say fuck it never again.

unlimited sprint was fine.

this is moronic. BF is a far fucking cry from realistic and it never will be in MP. are you the guy that hides for 99% of the game and gets 6 kills over the course of a half hour?

health regen worked really well in BC2. it took fucking forever so medic was still important as ever but you had hope of getting back into the thick of shit and not dropping dead because a gnat farted 5 minutes later.

spotting was fucking broken as all hell and it's no wonder they are changing it.

no commorose amounted to nothing except for a lot less ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED, which can swing either way on the scale of good or bad.

commander was boring and i'm not entirely convinced people didn't just play it for the pin and say fuck it never again.

unlimited sprint was fine.

Pretty much this. It's no fun having a tiny amount of sprint on BF-sized maps when no vehicles are around. Real soliders can jog for more than five seconds at a time, I am sure.

Um, only the "does not have" parts of the list were in 1942. BF2 was a vast improvement on 1942, and bf3 is apparently moving backwards.

And to the person that mocked my comment about accuracy, the game has serious issues with accuracy. If you use the mg36, for example, its a matter of pointing the red dot at a spotted person and shooting right at the base of the triangle from any range to get a headshot.

Ridiculous bullet accuracy at range, unlimited sprinting and running, accuracy while strafing and running, 10+ shot to kill someone are all in multiple versions of battlefield.

So Plague....you planning on finally upgrading your rig in anticipation of BF3?

Will probably wait until October and see what the deal with new videocards and prices are...was thinking of getting a Radeon 5770 since they're about $130 from online retailers in our corner of the world.

this is moronic. BF is a far fucking cry from realistic and it never will be in MP. are you the guy that hides for 99% of the game and gets 6 kills over the course of a half hour?

What do you mean it's a far cry from being realistic, obviously it's not fucking real life but in terms of a VIDEOGAME I think it's pretty damn realistic compared to some other games on the market. And no, I'm not one of the guys who hides for a half hour I just think that half a clip to drop someone in nonhardcore is completely retarded and I dislike spotting/mini map very much.

Yeah, totally, because I was never sniped by an LMG on BF2... oh wait, I have.

I play non-hardcore to minimize camping and base raping.
Hardcore is better when you can play with a group of people that knows what they are doing.

I play with anybody on any server. Strangers. Hardcore mode sucks without good communication and team skills.

So excited for this.. Looks like I'm going to get it for both PC and XBOX

I usually play non-hardcore but if I got a few people we play hardcore.

So happy they added prone and muzzle flash to MG too. I wonder how sniping will feel with the added changes

What do you mean it's a far cry from being realistic, obviously it's not fucking real life but in terms of a VIDEOGAME I think it's pretty damn realistic compared to some other games on the market. And no, I'm not one of the guys who hides for a half hour I just think that half a clip to drop someone in nonhardcore is completely retarded and I dislike spotting/mini map very much.

I hate when people use the "It takes half a mag to kill someone"

it doesnt.

I hate when people use the "It takes half a mag to kill someone"

it doesnt.

It does however takes more bullets to kill someone than it would in real life, which makes it not as realistic as hardcore and I bet with certain guns depending on where you shoot; it could take up to half a clip.

It does however takes more bullets to kill someone than it would in real life, which makes it not as realistic as hardcore and I bet with certain guns depending on where you shoot; it could take up to half a clip.

magazine.

unless you are using the garand. i digress.

It does not take more than 4-5 bullets if you have been playing FPS's for any amount of time to kill someone. if you are using the weak as fuck guns it takes about 1-2 more bullets, if you are 30000000000000 yards away obviously it will take more bullets than that, but that is the minority of your gametime. The game is meant to be fun, and balanced, not realistic in any way shape or form. want realistic, play ARMA.

I get 3 kills before reloading all the time, so i dont know where this half a mag thing comes from.

Because I am too lazy to find out myself, what is the differences between hardcore mode and normal? Just started playing, am like lvl 6? I want to lvl up to get better weapons because I keep getting owned by lvl 50 dudes who kill me fast, and have more armor.

Also there was chatter in a game that you can turn down gfx and get rid of the smoke. I keep getting shot thru smoke when I cant see anyone, and its annoying. I guess they did this. I have the gfx turned up all the way, guess I shouldnt?

edit, and why cant I use the turret in the tank. I used to be able to a few days ago, now I cant use the machine gun as an alt fire. Arg! Some specialization I need selected?

Last edited:
I play non-hardcore to minimize camping and base raping.
Hardcore is better when you can play with a group of people that knows what they are doing.

I play with anybody on any server. Strangers. Hardcore mode sucks without good communication and team skills.

True, I never play alone. My BFBC2 win/loss ratio is way over 1:1. ;) Go squad!

Because I am too lazy to find out myself, what is the differences between hardcore mode and normal? Just started playing, am like lvl 6? I want to lvl up to get better weapons because I keep getting owned by lvl 50 dudes who kill me fast, and have more armor.

Also there was chatter in a game that you can turn down gfx and get rid of the smoke. I keep getting shot thru smoke when I cant see anyone, and its annoying. I guess they did this. I have the gfx turned up all the way, guess I shouldnt?

edit, and why cant I use the turret in the tank. I used to be able to a few days ago, now I cant use the machine gun as an alt fire. Arg! Some specialization I need selected?

Hardcore removes spotting, no minimap, less HP, no HP regen, no HUD (ammo counter), and is generally better in every way. :D

Turret use is a specialization, usually it's the Vehicle Alternate Weapon specialization.

It still amazes me that people are still amazed that other people don't like the same things they like. :eek:

I like both. I have rocked your world.

Nooo.jpg

Good point. :)

Removes spotting - less teamwork required
No minimap - for baddies who never used their minimap anyway
Less health - easier for people with bad aim, one hit sniping without a HS
No HP regen - good
No hud - No clue how much ammo you have, no crosshairs for guns that have no iron sights

Removes spotting - less teamwork required
No minimap - for baddies who never used their minimap anyway
Less health - easier for people with bad aim, one hit sniping without a HS
No HP regen - good
No hud - No clue how much ammo you have, no crosshairs for guns that have no iron sights

Really? less teamwork? Most people stated here that they only do HC when they have a group which seems to be that it would require teamwork to be successful.

The less health comment is only valid for sniping. Less health changes the game in many more dynamic ways (can't run out into the open as often) than just "it's for nubs."

There is regen but it is very limited.

No hud - You have to know how much you have left - pretty easy really in practice - you may have no idea but I trust many HC players do, if not most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back