Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Im very amazed Fragnet and Rackage are NOT in the GSP Confirmed, thats odd, they are two very large hosts, so I am amazed. I will sign the petition.

I had a similar issue back in the BF2 days, turned out to be my cable modem. You might want to check your modem and router.

Hey your right. Thanks. It was my router UPnP. I disabled it and works. Don't know why but it worked before.

PBBANS - BF4 GSP list update:

if you love Battlefield, PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION! - GULLY

Sadly that 'petition' is not going to change anything, if I had to guess I'd say those rinky dink server providers couldn't meet their service level agreements in BF3 or they got themselves in hot water because they oversubscribed too many BF3 VM's per server, and DICE/EA didn't want a repeat of the excessive lag problems in BF4. Keep in mind the BF3 server code streamed performance stats back to the mothership so DICE could see which GSP's were chronically not living up to performance levels. Its not some political conspiracy.

My BF3 servers first used Gameservers, then I used NFO. I had a good experience with both but NFO was like perfection. So I'm not surprised to see these companies back on the authorized list while the el-cheapo providers were passed on.

Last edited:
I might just have to reinstall this weekend. I've abstained from Battlefield 4 until I hear some good patch news; hopefully that'll be coming next week.

Back