Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

I wish they could fix that on the nvidia side some of the guns when scoping in its stutters (no drop in fps) the one I can think of off the top of my head is the .44 scoped.

Still getting artifacts with my GTX670. Running 320.49.

I assume we are pretty much screwed now that BF4 is coming out? Probably part of EA/DICE's partnership with AMD.

Still getting artifacts with my GTX670. Running 320.49.

I assume we are pretty much screwed now that BF4 is coming out? Probably part of EA/DICE's partnership with AMD.

I used to have the problem a lot. What fixed it for me was download driver sweeper uninstalled the drivers. booted into safe mode then ran driver sweeper deleted all the NVidia drivers. (watch out if you are using and old gforce board and don't delete your HDD drivers). Then booted into windows installed latest drivers. Played single player to get change a few settings them back to my normal settings. Then logged into MP.

That's what helped me.

Intel 2500k
Asus p8z77-v deluxe
680gtx

Edit was adding videocard

Made my first headshot to a helicopter pilot. All this time, I've realised I've been aiming too high. I nearly shat myself when the game gave me points for avenger and headshot. The dude even called me a "bullshit sniper." I am honored to be given such a title :D

I used to have the problem a lot. What fixed it for me was download driver sweeper uninstalled the drivers. booted into safe mode then ran driver sweeper deleted all the NVidia drivers. (watch out if you are using and old gforce board and don't delete your HDD drivers). Then booted into windows installed latest drivers. Played single player to get change a few settings them back to my normal settings. Then logged into MP.

That's what helped me.

Intel 2500k
Asus p8z77-v deluxe
680gtx

Edit was adding videocard

What drivers are you on now? Don't want to run Driver Sweeper but might consider it. For some reason this issue went away for a few weeks and just popped up again.

Every other game, including ones that get the GPU more hot run fine though.

The person literally killed me in a few bullets with the little bird as I was going FULL SPEED in a jet. The person is also able to hug every wall and ground terrains without touching any of it.

Not only that, took a direct hit from a rocket and was fine.

I don't know, if you've spent 200+ hrs in a single vehicle you better be pretty good at it.

I've spent ~137 hrs in the T90 and feel I'm a pretty good tanker, so I expect similar of the air junkies.

The little bird is underrated, in the hands of a good pilot it can do some serious damage. The only bad thing is that it's a goddamn bullet magnet, and apparently has saran wrap for a windshield.

That guy has a shit ton more hours on the xbox than pc. He might just be good and is using the xbox controller to a high level.

I don't know what cheats are available for vehicles but I do know that you see exploits with them. He seems pretty focused on the little bird which also leads me to believe he either is super pumped about it or is just lazy and has only setup the cheats for one vehicle.

I haven't played for ages, but when did all i really liked doing was using the trans chopper to ferry people around as low and as fast as possible. but then they patched the chopper so that they had basically no health and could get 1shot from every thing. which really made my play style impossible. especially with those stupid anti air javs.

but my question is has this changed at all? have they rebalanced The choppers.

I haven't played for ages, but when did all i really liked doing was using the trans chopper to ferry people around as low and as fast as possible. but then they patched the chopper so that they had basically no health and could get 1shot from every thing. which really made my play style impossible. especially with those stupid anti air javs.

I still find the Stinger is so fucking useless. There is a huge range up close that you can't lock on and it barely has range to lock on at a distance. Trying to deal with some helicopters is harder than it seems. Honestly, I get more kills shooting through the windshield than shooting down the helicopter.

I still find the Stinger is so fucking useless. There is a huge range up close that you can't lock on and it barely has range to lock on at a distance. Trying to deal with some helicopters is harder than it seems. Honestly, I get more kills shooting through the windshield than shooting down the helicopter.

what? Everyone complains because the stinger has such a long lock on distance. If you cant lock onto it because its too close, that means you could probably knife the pilot out, lol.

and the stinger should be useless. Its a no skill lock on weapon, it should be used to make choppers pop flares/ecm and get out of the area.

what? Everyone complains because the stinger has such a long lock on distance. If you cant lock onto it because its too close, that means you could probably knife the pilot out, lol.

and the stinger should be useless. Its a no skill lock on weapon, it should be used to make choppers pop flares/ecm and get out of the area.

Then why have the weapon? Fuck, give me at least the Gustav from BC2, because then the rockets would at least be fast enough to hit it easier. What about the Javelin? So guided rockets/rounds in tanks, jets and helos are no skill as well and shouldn't be used?

stinger is still 2 shots, rpg/tank shell is ohk. Jav with a soflam lock is ohk on anything.

Also, dont fly the transport low, you are asking to get destroyed by a tank. Fly it mid/high and use it as a spawn beacon for your team. If you are too low then no one can jump out without taking a lot of damage or dieing.

Then why have the weapon? Fuck, give me at least the Gustav from BC2, because then the rockets would at least be fast enough to hit it easier. What about the Javelin? So guided rockets/rounds in tanks, jets and helos are no skill as well and shouldn't be used?

when did I say they shouldn't be used?

yes, all lock on weapons are no skill, how is this a debate? I said they should be "useless", aka very weak since they require nothing but to look at something and beep beep beep fire. The stingers main role in the game now is area denial. As soon as a pilot gets locked he pops flares/ecm and gets out of the area. Mission accomplished.

If you manage to get 2 shots (and hits) with the stinger, then the noob pilot deserved it.

stinger is still 2 shots, rpg/tank shell is ohk. Jav with a soflam lock is ohk on anything.

Also, dont fly the transport low, you are asking to get destroyed by a tank. Fly it mid/high and use it as a spawn beacon for your team. If you are too low then no one can jump out without taking a lot of damage or dieing.

ya but that's boring. and i preferr actually landing to let people out. and if you fly really low you get loads of chances to run people over

I know everyone spammed the Gustav on ground units (cheap fucking rocket launcher), but holy hell is it useful for taking out helicopters.

Honestly the rebalanced jav is just about right IMO, perhaps just a bit overpowered. The issue is constantly needing to swap out jav/RPG, and I never seem to have the right one when some vehicle is coming at me. :(

psh

low and fast with a full crew is how to roll the battlebus

two good gunners can rape the other team as long as you dodge the tank shells

I heard in the bf4 alpha the rockets move faster than in bf3

psh

low and fast with a full crew is how to roll the battlebus

two good gunners can rape the other team as long as you dodge the tank shells

I heard in the bf4 alpha the rockets move faster than in bf3

As they should be. Seriously, the RPG/SMAW have pretty damn slow rockets.

at4 is confirmed (now called SRAW)

and awesome video, the at4 is the ultimate skill cannon.

the sraw was in bf2 and it was wire guided. which is definitely not an at4.

unless its something total different, that just has the same name.

The person literally killed me in a few bullets with the little bird as I was going FULL SPEED in a jet. The person is also able to hug every wall and ground terrains without touching any of it.

Not only that, took a direct hit from a rocket and was fine.

I have played against those SYM guys.. I would not doubt that his hours/kills are legit. As someone mentioned. Those air vehicle in the right hands are murder to others. The cannon on that scout and rip a jet up if you do not get out of range of it.

Just curious what's your hours played in the jets? I'm afraid you went up against a highly ranked scout pilot and might have taken him lightly. Do you have around 10k kills and 150 hrs in jets? You should have dispatched him quickly in a jet. But the guy is a beast..

Also that video posted of Widg is yet another person who is a beast in the scout heli.

Man how much do I love AA

Tunguskas, and AA LAVs, I personally like driving/using those more than tanks.It's something about missile locking and following up with sustained BRRRRRRT.

Man how much do I love AA

Tunguskas, and AA LAVs, I personally like driving/using those more than tanks.It's something about missile locking and following up with sustained BRRRRRRT.

Aka EZMODE :). The best MAA players don't even use the lockon missiles

Last edited:

Yep buddy of mine, used to fly almost every day together in AttackHeli before he got bored and went fulltime Scout. It really is versatile. In capable hands the Scout has the power of the MAA against a jet. With a full crew (Widgety usually has twitch groupies joining his games to repair in F2 and F3 seats plus a guy with Stealth perk in F4 to laser designate)) the scout is kinda unstoppable, plus its ability to duck into or behind obstacles quickly to dodge stingerkids. Before the patch that removed the ability for Scout pilot to laser his own guided missile targets the thing was basically hax.

Because its slow moving, patience - timing - placement are the keys. And experience. ( like any vehicle ). And having a sense of sweet spot range that will kill specific target in one burst. Example a beginner will sit there trying to take enemy scout out from distance or jerk off with heatseekers. Experienced pilot will know the map and terrain well and stay low or dive under other heli, wait for other guy to overcommit and pass over, then pop up, turn around and blast enemy heli as its still turning around - first mover advantage often deciding factor. Thats only tip of iceberg.

Last edited:
Aka EZMODE :). The best MAA players don't even use the lockon missiles

Not true we do use them. When I have multiple targets and need to use them on the weaker one e.g., scout heli or the ecm type jet pilots.. I fire them off and turn my attention to the major threats in the air at the time. But the cannon is a good MAA driver friend in the end.

So I recently reformat my SSD, reinstall OS, and what not, Reinstall BF3 and every now and then, I can play fine, I'll take a break and get back to gaming. Now I get the stupid red box of "Game Disconnected: could not join server" Uhhhh Fuck my life

I had a similar issue back in the BF2 days, turned out to be my cable modem. You might want to check your modem and router.

PBBANS - BF4 GSP list update:

According to our sources, we now know which providers are "confirmed" and "set aside" that will host Battlefield 4 PC Game Servers.

The "confirmed" list is as follows, and may be subject to change without warning:
  • NFO Servers
  • I3D Servers
  • Multiplay
  • Gamed.de
  • Gameservers
Here are the list of GSP's that were "set aside" for future debate:
  • Gaming Deluxe
  • Iberbit Servers
  • Branzone
  • Fragnet
  • Hosters.at
  • Rackage
  • Low Ping Game Servers
  • Art of War Central
It is not known what the fate of these two providers are:
  • EOReality Servers
  • My Internet Services
There are currently two reddit articles about this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/1mftvu/how_will_your_bf3_community_be_impacted_by_denial/
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1mbvh4/bf4_limiting_server_adminowners_options_on_where/
There is also a petition going on to get more GSP's in the confirmed list:
--> https://www.change.org/petitions/don-t-slim-the-battlefield-4-gsp-list
I hope the list gets bigger, but, who knows.

if you love Battlefield, PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION! - GULLY

Back