Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Speaking of Gunmaster, does anybody know of any good GM servers? Preferably with LMGs or assault rifles? I still need to get that assignment done for the m5k where you have to place in the top 5. I've been playing on Texas Roadkill #3 without much success.

Thanks.

I really haven't found any good consistently populated Gunmaster servers in the US.

I play a couple mixed mode servers that are okay

I just picked up premium, but hardly play any of the newer expansions. I keep playing with my buddies who only have teh Back to karkand expansion, so I'm stuck playing on "vanila" maps until they pick up premium

I grew up a console gamer playing FPS like Goldeneye and Halo, so Close Quarters tends to tickle my fancy. I can get in to rush and conquest, especially in Aftermath, but Close Quarters type stuff will always be my bread and butter. It's so much easier to pull out a good KDR and do well without relying on others.

For the non Close Quarters type stuff you really need to be able to rely on other people to do things.

I'm sorry to hear about your tragic upbringing.

Agree :). LOL

Sorry, but Close Quarters is the worst expansion, for BF3. Growing up on Halo, LOL most over hyped game in history. Nothing but a run of the mill generic shooter, like that garbage Call of Duty bullshit.

Merry Christmas :)

Got another weapon review up. Was recording footage for another AUG review since it got a change for the Aftermath patch, then some of the Youtube Pubstars joined the game I was in. Went back through the gamer footage and had enough footage from just that game, so made a review from just that match.

AUG A3 Review vs the Pubstars

Last edited:
Transformers mode would be kind of cool, like 24 decepticons vs. 8 Autobots + 32 Human Soldiers

Please God no. Battlefield is supposed to be somewhat realistic, its not that garbage Call of Duty series.

If you want zombies, go play Left 4 Dead, but please do not kill Battlefield by adding this crap.

Transformers mode would be kind of cool, like 24 decepticons vs. 8 Autobots + 32 Human Soldiers

That was actually kind of cool. We used to play SHOGO:Mobile Armor Division and hitting human targets isn't as easy as you think. The humans had grappling capability and the game has high walls every where so all those little humans are zipping through the air really fast with nothing around them to trigger an explosion so the giant mechs had to hit them dead-on to make a kill.

If you are talking about your BF3 soldier, then you can do that through origin. I believe you can only change your name once a week though.

Please God no. Battlefield is supposed to be somewhat realistic, its not that garbage Call of Duty series.

If you want zombies, go play Left 4 Dead, but please do not kill Battlefield by adding this crap.

This is 100% on the money.

I just picked up premium, but hardly play any of the newer expansions. I keep playing with my buddies who only have teh Back to karkand expansion, so I'm stuck playing on "vanila" maps until they pick up premium

This is the problem with all the DLC. It has split up the community. I regret my premium purchase. I rarely play CQ, disdain Armored Kill, and Aftermath feels very CoD'ish.

So like you, I payed for Premium for basically... nothing. Wont be making that mistake again, and very well might change my opinion at getting future Battlefields altogether.

I also noticed that this game also suffers from the same thing as BC2 did in regards to the Steam Sales.

How many n00bs got this game for xmas and are fucking it up for everyone. I had to stop playing a few times the last couple days.

I'm pretty sure I've seen entire buildings collapse.

Well yes, there are a few buildings that collapse, but 90% of the time it didn't really matter if it did because it wasn't a strategic point. In BF:BC2 when a building collapsed your MCOM was left out in the open for the other team to destroy. Or your snipers just lost prime real estate for cover. In BF3 I've never gave a darn that a building was missing. It wasn't an integral part of the game like in BF:BC2 where you could literally flatten the entire map if you had a high enough ticket count.

Not going to tell you how many times I've been out of ammo, alone in a building, and down to just holding a C4 switch in my cold clammy hands. The entire enemy team is on the first floor and the MCOM with me as the last obstacle to their supreme domination. Three or more packages of C4 are placed strategically within the building.

The first head peeks up the stairs. Headshot with my last pistol ammo. 5 grenades light up my room. Yippee Kay Ya mofos!

Killstreak
Combo points
Combo points
Killstreak
etc

Your team won!

Yeah, taking out buildings was much more strategic in BC2. On defense I'd always level the houses to take away any cover for the attackers. I would like to see destruction turned up in BF3, although not necessarily the ability to level the entire map. But think how badass if the engi's could wire charges up at the foundation of a building on defense and drop it down, blocking a whole path?

Yeah, taking out buildings was much more strategic in BC2. On defense I'd always level the houses to take away any cover for the attackers. I would like to see destruction turned up in BF3, although not necessarily the ability to level the entire map. But think how badass if the engi's could wire charges up at the foundation of a building on defense and drop it down, blocking a whole path?

Changing map routes would be a blast! To expound upon your idea what if you could effectively take an infantry / vehicle map and make it into an pure infantry map that way? Of course helicopters would still be able to fly. And maybe they could allow someone to dig out a small vehicle passage with the little bulldozer from the Karkland DLC.

Maybe in BF5 when the next-gen consoles are out.

Of course, if they actually ever do that, it won't be used for strategic map blocking, it will be used to TK your entire team standing in the shadow of the skyscraper, lol.

And I can't lie, it'd be too hilarious not to try it a few times.

I also noticed that this game also suffers from the same thing as BC2 did in regards to the Steam Sales.

How many n00bs got this game for xmas and are fucking it up for everyone. I had to stop playing a few times the last couple days.

The sale kiddies joining servers to shoot at rocks and not PTFO are not new with xmas sale -- the game has been as low as $10 on Origin a few times beginning in summer.

The fat lady sung a long time ago for BF3. Anyone still playing that didn't just step out of the kids & casuals bus is either doing it for the lulz or is the type of borderline personality that also enjoys dental drills.

The sale kiddies joining servers to shoot at rocks and not PTFO are not new with xmas sale -- the game has been as low as $10 on Origin a few times beginning in summer.

The fat lady sung a long time ago for BF3. Anyone still playing that didn't just step out of the kids & casuals bus is either doing it for the lulz or is the type of borderline personality that also enjoys dental drills.

Ha I hope it isn't really that bad :p . played awhile after release but recently picked up the premium just haven't had to much time to play yet

Anyone else in love with Aftermath? I've been playing a ton lately and can't stop playing these new maps..

Definitely digging Aftermath! Together with B2K this is pretty much all I play when I fire up BF3.

Aftermath is indeed good -- I still fire up some Ziba tower and Back to Karkand every now and then.

Sadly I don't have the time to game for 5 or 6 hours straight like I used to. Still it's the best "realistic" shooter we have for PC currently where you can just jump in and have a bit of fun. I'm waiting for the hardcore freaks to jump me over that one :-p

Anyone still playing that didn't just step out of the kids & casuals bus is either doing it for the lulz or is the type of borderline personality that also enjoys dental drills.

I had a lot of fun with BF3, but I just can't see myself putting any more time into it. I kind of regret buying Premium for this reason. I've got a backlog of great games on Steam, and the idea of going through the single player on those is more appealing to me at the moment than grinding BF3 multiplayer.

So I think I may have seen a spotting hack yesterday. I'm not one to call HAX! every time I die, but do you get the feeling the opponent ALWAYS knows where you are. I mean ALWAYS.

Last night I started off a round 1-7, and each one of those deaths was from an enemy that knew exactly where I was when there should have been little to NO chance I was spotted. On large maps, especially Caspian you know where those spots are and can be. This could also explain why we were pushed back into our spawn in the first 50 tickets and most everyone on my team having very low single digit (1-3) kills with many deaths.

Now, as I said I'm not one to call hacks, and had this happened once, or twice, I usually shrug it off. But i get fairly skeptical after it happens over, and over, and over again. The whole thing just smelled fishy to me.

After I went 1-7, I left. My buddy DeadPi went 0-12. Heres the battlereport.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/51847347/1/350171952/

Or maybe I was just on an extremely shitty team?

This game is rife with aimbotters. There is at least one in every five games or so I play. They are so obvious about it too it's pathetic.

DICE seriously shit the bed with this game. It is broken in almost every way.

Back