Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

I'm loving scavenger mode, been taking 1st and 2nd place with my friend teh_uNborn for the last 30 games we played. Our score is usually double of what the person in 3rd place and below has.

If you anyone is interested in running with a couple of decent players focused on team winning gameplay hit me up and add me to your friends list in battlelog.

Check out the hacker on other team getting 150 kills, such BS...
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/50734944/1/336717693/

Last edited:
§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1039419962 said:
I'm loving scavenger mode, been taking 1st and 2nd place with my friend teh_uNborn for the last 30 games we played. Our score is usually double of what the person in 3rd place and below has.

If you anyone is interested in running with a couple of decent players focused on team winning gameplay hit me up and add me to your friends list in battlelog.

Check out the hacker on other team getting 150 kills, such BS...
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/50734944/1/336717693/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/50732503/1/336717693/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/50733158/1/336717693/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/50731913/1/336717693/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/50733795/1/336717693/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/50734367/1/336717693/
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/50736334/1/336717693/

Had the opportunity to squad up with you and teh_uNborn last night, had a great time. See you on the battlefield!

WarlockSix

ps - My forum name here is from years back when COD/MOH came out. ;)

Still amazed at the sound engine in BF3. I have a Klipsch 5.1 speaker setup, and Steelseries headphones, and both just sound so amazing in this game. The bombs exploding have a deep bass, and you can hear the little particles falling back down to the ground. And bullets and missiles wizz by, from front to rear.

With PS2 I only hear like half the stuff I do in BF3, the sound in Planetside 2 just seems generic, or cheap.

Is BF3 still holding up? A lot of people still playing?

How is it finding servers, especially ones running the new maps, modes etc?

What about the hacking situation? Heard it's been bad lately.

I've been itching horribly for some reason to get back into it, but not sure how the game's state is these days, or the state of servers etc.

I stopped playing before Karkand was even released and, like a dumb shit, forgot and lost all my account info (never happened in my life until BF3), so I'd actually have to buy the game again. The premium pack comes with all the new maps and modes etc, but I've no idea if it's worth it at this point.

It seems to me like it is still pretty active. I never really have trouble finding a server for whatever game mode/map combos i come up with!

It seems to me like it is still pretty active. I never really have trouble finding a server for whatever game mode/map combos i come up with!

Good to know, man. Thanks!

Would you (or anyone) recommend people drop the money on the premium pack with all the added maps, modes etc?

I've played BF since it's inception, including BF3, but stopped a while back. I've a friend who wants to get into BF3, who has played 1942 and BF2.

Not sure, considering EA's track record with shutting down servers, server issues, or any issues with hackers etc. if the state of the game still qualifies is as a $50 purchase. With added content now, though, I'd say it seems like it at the moment.

Opinions?

I have only been playing BF3 for a month now. Waited till I upgraded my system. To me it seems active enough. The new After Math maps are great. I like how you can specify settings in the server search, pick which expansions you want to play, how many players, etc...

I am not that good yet, typically middle in scoring. Not sure about cheaters, or just really good players ?

The Premium is worth it for sure. Gives you all the expansions, plus the new one due in March. If you want to play BF3, the Premium is a must.

Had the opportunity to squad up with you and teh_uNborn last night, had a great time. See you on the battlefield!

WarlockSix

ps - My forum name here is from years back when COD/MOH came out. ;)

Yo wassup WarlockSix, I remember seeing you last night also. Make sure to type in game chat and let us know your in the server so we can make room in our squad for you,

I had 2 of my best games ever last night in aftermath, went into beast mode leading my team to victory...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/50808275/1/336717693/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/50809059/1/336717693/

kHsje.jpg

iIwLe.jpg

Good to know, man. Thanks!

Would you (or anyone) recommend people drop the money on the premium pack with all the added maps, modes etc?

I've played BF since it's inception, including BF3, but stopped a while back. I've a friend who wants to get into BF3, who has played 1942 and BF2.

Not sure, considering EA's track record with shutting down servers, server issues, or any issues with hackers etc. if the state of the game still qualifies is as a $50 purchase. With added content now, though, I'd say it seems like it at the moment.

Opinions?

It's worth $30 as the BF3+Premium bundle. Keep an eye out for such sales around Christmas time...it was only about two or three weeks ago that BF3 with Premium was going for $30 on Amazon.

The core game mechanics are all very solid and DICE definitely has a great basis to build off for BF4. The gunplay is extremely satisfying and hit detection seems far better than Bad Company 2's rather spotty hit detection. It is all going to depend on whether they dish up more of the same or try to bring in new features as well as features axed from BF2.

It is all going to depend on whether they dish up more of the same or try to bring in new features as well as features axed from BF2.

Considering what a devastating flop MOH:WF was for EA and what a recordsetting blockbuster BLOPS2 was as EA watched helplessly from the outside with nose pressed against window, now more than ever hot pocket eater COD kids rule gaming and so it doesn't take brain surgery to see which direction EA is going to mandate DICE take BF4, not even factoring the pressure to get in on two new console launches with a saleable offering. Not a work of art with new ideas that pushes gaming forward, a SALEABLE offering.

BF4 now with "Killstreaks and PERQS, BROH. xXStealthXx and DOLFIN DIVE KWIKSCOPZ FTW"

Guaranteed that vehicular aspects take even more of a backseat to the point of being relegated to window dressing at best. Patrick Bach made it perfectly clear a few months ago in an interview where he stated "We know most people play infantry". And the continual dumbing down of BF3 with every patch to the lowest common EZMODE denominator with point&click weapons for infantry smurfs to 1v1 any vehicle except maybe jets further demonstrates this.

Last edited:
Considering what a flop MOH:WF was and what a recordsetting blockbuster BLOPS2 was, hot pocket eater COD kids rule gaming now so doesn't take brain surgery to know what direction EA is going to mandate DICE to take BF4.

"Killstreaks and PERQS, BRO"

While that is true, Black Ops 2's sales are dropping and are now below where Modern Warfare 3 was at this time last year, which was lower than Black Ops this time of year before that.

While that is true, Black Ops 2's sales are dropping and are now below where Modern Warfare 3 was at this time last year, which was lower than Black Ops this time of year before that.

Not sure what the point is because it certainly doesn't change anything nor caused its developer to rethink anything. BLOPS2 allegedly made their first $1Billion in 15 days while MW3 did it in 16, on top of BLOPS2 making an alleged and never-before $500M in the first 24hrs. They made their money. The fact there's been a small dropoff in the weeks following relative to MW3 at this same time last year is meaningless, not to mention BLOPS2 had less days on the market than MW3 due to the release date timing so its not quite apples to apples. But dropoff or not the annualized COD branded copy-paste game formula is working for them.

Its like saying Transformers 4 made 14% less than Transformers 3, or Twilight 5 made 14% less than Twilight 4 -- either way its guaranteed hundreds of millions. BLOPS2 is now allegedly somewhere between $1B and $1.5B and so like hollywood movies designed for 12 yr olds, like manufactured music and Bieber shit, game devs will continue to pump out this raw sewage like happy meals out of drive-thru windows - without emotion nor care and with robotic persistence because its money printing in its purest form.

No joke it is to the point now that investors just expect and assume a Billion+ generated by Activision every November, and so any measure of change or innovation or even imagination in the process of planning next year's release carries too big a risk and is considered a threat to the system.

Last edited:
Are the new hacks still mostly them just getting a ton of head shots with bad accuracy stats? Or damage multipliers? Seems like it. They sure know where people are.

My main issue is that I can't seem to find as many targets to even get a chance to get so many kills. I will lead the server in score but not in kills usually. I guess even with my best efforts I can't surpass the leetness of paying to win. Not that I really try anymore lol. Unless someone pisses me off.

Is running Eyefinity triple screens sort of cheating for shooters like BF3 ? With three monitors, you are seeing 2/3rd's more of the game world, so you can see enemies in the side screens you normally wouldn't see on a single display ?

Is running Eyefinity triple screens sort of cheating for shooters like BF3 ? With three monitors, you are seeing 2/3rd's more of the game world, so you can see enemies in the side screens you normally wouldn't see on a single display ?

Na, I wouldn't call it cheating at all. I mean, you do get to see a little bit more of the world and it can give you slight edge with perpheral vision giving you a heads up on someone flanking but, I actually end up playing worse with all three screens lit up...maybe its just information overload...there's more I am trying to pay attention to instead of just intensely focusing on the one small window into the world.

Are the new hacks still mostly them just getting a ton of head shots with bad accuracy stats? Or damage multipliers? Seems like it. They sure know where people are.

My main issue is that I can't seem to find as many targets to even get a chance to get so many kills. I will lead the server in score but not in kills usually. I guess even with my best efforts I can't surpass the leetness of paying to win. Not that I really try anymore lol. Unless someone pisses me off.

Paying to win?? There is no pay to win here...this isn't a F2P game. If your referring to Premium then your still wrong. Premium doesn't give anyone an upperhand on non-premium players, all your getting is some dog tags, weapon skins, and all the expansions early at a price discount.

Maybe, just maybe, the people that have paid for premium play the game more then the non-premium players which allows them to be better players. Practice makes perfect...I know im not the only one that's heard that expression before. Of course, there are variances to this in terms of natural talent, previous skill acquired in similar games, etc... but generally, premium players probably spend more time in the game then non-premiums.

120hz monitor
ultra high framerates on single gpu
good headphones paired with cmss3d / DH
no bigger than 24" so you can check minimap ammo etc without moving too far back from the display

try these "cheats" first :)

I would say it's a big advantage when sniping, otherwise not really.

120hz monitor
no bigger than 24" so you can check minimap ammo etc without moving too far back from the display

how much of an advantage is 120hz? Im debating trying one of those overlord monitors...

120hz monitor

HAHA NICE, We are on the exact same page!

I keep telling everyone the same since 2004, if you want a huge competitive edge(legal cheating)... It's all about having ultra high framerates, good sound and most importantly a good monitor that handles a high refresh rate! My competitive days in COD2-rifles only and COD4 I was running a badass Sony GDM-F500R 21" CRT that ran @ 170hz, my fps matched and I was using X-Fi with CMSS3D enabled and Sennheiser HD595 headphones.

I remember 1v1ing so many people using the M40 only on these small maps(Shipment/Killhouse) where it came down to who was faster at aiming... People would rage so bad because I'd always get the shot off 1st even if we had the same ping and saw each other at the same time, that split second difference in input lag between someone running a 60hz LCD vs a CRT or 120hz LCD with fps to match is HUGE. I feel sick when I'm at LAN's and see what 60hz gaming looks like, it's so slow and laggy. 120hz gaming is also much easier on the eyes and just so much smoother and easier to see.

To get back on topic of BF3, I beat my record for my best Aftermath game this weekend running the map with my boy PlipPlop, just dominating. Someone from [H] did a shout out to me in the [NV] 24/7 Aftermath 64P Fast Rank NVmeGaming.com server, forgot who it was though, I was pretty buzzed at the time :D

bestgamen.jpg

Really enjoyed your AS Val review. Very informative. Thanks!

Glad you liked it, I had a ton of fun playing with it. I didn't even plan on doing a review, but I just enjoyed it so much.

The physics are pretty disappointing. There are no complete building collapses like in BC2

Agreed, I would gladly give up the stupid tall camper buildings for fully destructible 3 story buildings any day of the week. I think BC2's overall map design was also much better, never was I pinned in a damn hallway, I could flank for so many directions, loved it.

how is aftermath? I miss battlefield I should update and see whats good?

Overall, I think it's the best DLC yet, has the best map design, and Scavenger is pretty fun.

the thing I've seen the most is people with 120-150ms ping just owning, is there some kinda of false lag thing people are running?

I've also wondered that. Seems like I've been getting shot when already behind cover or behind a wall. When I check the ping of the person who killed me it's always a lagger. Also some high ping laggers are crazy hard to kill.

the thing I've seen the most is people with 120-150ms ping just owning, is there some kinda of false lag thing people are running?

I play mostly on Euro servers since a friend is stationed over in the UK and has horrible internet. I don't really notice any difference between US and UK servers, I'm always around 130 - 150ms over on the UK servers.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1039431790 said:
I've also wondered that. Seems like I've been getting shot when already behind cover or behind a wall. When I check the ping of the person who killed me it's always a lagger. Also some high ping laggers are crazy hard to kill.

I've had terrible lag (on low ping servers with my own ping being low) ever since the Aftermath patch. It is not too common, but when it occurs it can be very bad. Floating back and fourth, enemies going through walls, ect.

Never had this in previous versions.

Lag is kicking my ass so bad that I am changing my tactics. My ping is fine but go against someone with high ping and get owned.

Guy went 59-6 in a 32 man just now with 225+ ping. Couldn't hit him and you get shot 10-15 feet behind a corner. Getting head shot pretty often today too.......sigh

Still staying at #2 or 3 in the server but that is just experience and determination. People are cheating and/or high ping hacking. Really need to find a server with low ping limits.

Lag is kicking my ass so bad that I am changing my tactics. My ping is fine but go against someone with high ping and get owned.

Guy went 59-6 in a 32 man just now with 225+ ping. Couldn't hit him and you get shot 10-15 feet behind a corner. Getting head shot pretty often today too.......sigh

Still staying at #2 or 3 in the server but that is just experience and determination. People are cheating and/or high ping hacking. Really need to find a server with low ping limits.

ROFL, 10ft around a corner that's freakin bad. I'd be pissed. For me it's only like 1ft or so, but doesn't happen all that often, but when it does I get really pissed.

These new Aftermath maps are really good! So far I am not doing well in Scavenger mode, but I'm having a great time failing, haha

I think the problem lies in that the game uses client side hit detection. So, the time between you taking the hit and getting cover is the amount of time it took for the server to get the message that you've been hit from the attackers PC, then send the resulting data to all the other clients including yourself which then renders the action. If you've got a ping of about 150, which is the delay between yourself and the server, double it for roundtrip. That's roughly 1/3 of a second...long enough for you to take cover and then suddenly appear back where you were in the open and dead.

Back