Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

This is the first game I've bought that's given me buyer's remorse. It's simply not fun for me.

I won't say I have buyers remorse, but this is definitely the most I've paid for a game which I've played as little as I have so far.

The only thing suspect on him is skill level honestly...

look at this guys score per minute, K/D ratio and skill level OH ande 13 hours.... LOL

report this douche he just killed a fun conquest large caspian server

You guys gotta record the cheaters. I did that and sent the link via the report profile. I got a message back saying they will invistigate.

No hacker there :rolleyes:. Lower SPM, low accuracy, reasonable KDR, and reasonable Hours:points ratio. You :mad:?
He's a hacker.

I was in a server a few nights ago when this guy came in and ran a kill command. The kill ticker constantly ticked with "Satsiplatzi KILLED _______". He had racked up over a dozen kills before the round even started and was magically killing people, no matter where they were. I spawned, jumped inside of a tank, and next thing I knew it said that he "KILLED" me. He had something ridiculous like 20,000 points when I left the round out of disgust. Just look at his newsfeed; he ranked up from Colonel 12 -> Colonel 14 in ONE day.

Don't be fooled by his crappy stats, he is most definitely a hacker. Hopefully he has already been banned as his account hasn't been active for a few days.

don't know if its been pointed out recently, but bf3 is ground up built for PC. One of the few games that's built that way these days.
I have bf3 for console aswell and its much better on pc.

Two and a half years of installing games, playing them, playing old games, installing Tribes:Next and playing that (which is free and a seriously hard game, which rocks), every one which works flawlessly with my ordinary old Nostromo N52 Speedpad, and there's something really special about BF3. Which doesn't work with an ordinary keyboard input string.

Yes, it's built that way. Right. From the ground up. Specifically for the PC. Right.

just cuz you can't aim, brah

80% headshots? With an M249? :rolleyes:

Don't be stupid.

Oh, and hardly anyone I know actually plays this game anymore. I haven't played in over a week at least. I hope that one day they will patch it to a level where it is fun and playable.

That's evil.

Been playing since beta and i don't ever recall driving down that road into the gas station. It's always faster just going over the grass.

Also played metro last night. Got two resupply medals in one game :p

Been playing since beta and i don't ever recall driving down that road into the gas station. It's always faster just going over the grass.

Also played metro last night. Got two resupply medals in one game :p

Paired with the explosive perk and a support for ammo, you can mine that aswell.

Two and a half years of installing games, playing them, playing old games, installing Tribes:Next and playing that (which is free and a seriously hard game, which rocks), every one which works flawlessly with my ordinary old Nostromo N52 Speedpad, and there's something really special about BF3. Which doesn't work with an ordinary keyboard input string.

Yes, it's built that way. Right. From the ground up. Specifically for the PC. Right.

BF3 is a PC game ported to console. I dont see whats so hard to understand about that.
Just because your silly pad doesnt work with it doesnt mean its a console port.

It is a game influenced by consoles with SHITTY netcode. That is why I play it but not seriously. Just having fun with it.

Should there be another BF3 thread for people that actually enjoy this game? ( I'm joking)

Sometimes the game can be frustrating but I am having trouble understanding how so many people on here have so much rage against this game.

Should there be another BF3 thread for people that actually enjoy this game? ( I'm joking)

Sometimes the game can be frustrating but I am having trouble understanding how so many people on here have so much rage against this game.

You said it man. I feel like the people who have been playing the franchise since it was first made had these super high expectations and rip the game on the smallest of details.

Does the game have its flaws? Sure. But it's damn enjoyable and I'm having a blast playing it. I don't care if it's a true successor to BF2, or if it's "BC3", the game is good, and damn fun. Quit your bitching or go elsewhere.

80% headshots? With an M249? :rolleyes:

Don't be stupid.

Oh, and hardly anyone I know actually plays this game anymore. I haven't played in over a week at least. I hope that one day they will patch it to a level where it is fun and playable.
Lol I know Ron, he can't aim indeed hehe.

Well, it's not going to say "banned" on the profile. The profiles just go inactive.

That and their score & stats are deleted. Their news feed still shows past unlocks & rewards though so it's pretty obvious when you come across a cheater's profile.

Anyone able to move games from the original Origin folder to another HDD?

Shits pissing me off, Moved my games off my SSD to my backup drive. Everything went fine, so i thought.

Went to load up BF3 and now I get the initializing then disappear crap. So tried repairing it, and nothing new. Then went to uninstall it and now I cant even uninstall.. It just says Install, when clicking on that, it just sits there..

Fucking EA. :rolleyes:

Looks like BF3 hate crowd has way too much time on their hands.

People love to whine. The happy people rarely say anything. Millions are having a blast, while the small percentage of people who aren't spend that time bitching whenever possible. It's always been like that.

I like it and am enjoying it thoroughly. I do think they need to jump on these recent hacks though ASAP. I have 16 friends on my friends list, and not 1 of them has played in the last week or 2 due to the issues mentioned above.

This has likely been asked before, and I'm sure there's an element of "whatever feels best for you", but is there a distinct reason why someone would (as an engineer) use the SG553 over the G36C, at least un-suppressed?

... Sometimes the game can be frustrating but I am having trouble understanding how so many people on here have so much rage against this game.
You said it man. I feel like the people who have been playing the franchise since it was first made had these super high expectations and rip the game on the smallest of details.

Does the game have its flaws? Sure. But it's damn enjoyable and I'm having a blast playing it. I don't care if it's a true successor to BF2, or if it's "BC3", the game is good, and damn fun. Quit your bitching or go elsewhere.
I agree. I'm really enjoying it the few times I get a chance to play it. Yes, I still hate the unlock system, but I'm learning to adapt with the weapons I'm stuck with. I love hooking up with a good squad who sticks together and actually makes an effort at the objectives.

Yes, there are a few here and there that complain, but there are thousands of others who are playing and don't take a second to say I LOVE IT!. Same with any review you'll read. Those who hate it are the ones taking the time to vent their frustrations.

Hackers do indeed ruin the game and I'm thankful that I've not come across any yet, but if I do, there are tons of other servers waiting to join. Not the end of the world, unless you really care so much about your stats which I don't. I game for fun, not brag about my e-penis.

BF3 is a PC game ported to console. I dont see whats so hard to understand about that.
Just because your silly pad doesnt work with it doesnt mean its a console port.[/QUOTE]

Okay, whatever. Look at it this way. It really doesn't matter why the game doesn't function as far as command inputs like every other game I've ever tried it on. The fact is, that it doesn't work. How about this. If I pour gasoline into the tanks of twenty different empty cars, and then all of them will start, then I try another empty car, and it won't start, it doesn't mean that there's something wrong with the gasoline.

I just tried a quick Google search, and it seems that, aside from lots of general keyboard configuration problems, EA games seem to be mentioned along with Speedpads a fair bit, and not favorably.

So, just keeping this alive, I guess. Like I said, any constructive ideas would be extremely welcome.

Beerbob

All the US servers I join are terrible. Decent ones are often empty now. What's happening?

I find like no near servers either. Everything has a high ping.

Just because your silly pad doesnt work with it doesnt mean its a console port.

Okay, whatever. Look at it this way. It really doesn't matter why the game doesn't function as far as command inputs like every other game I've ever tried it on. The fact is, that it doesn't work. How about this. If I pour gasoline into the tanks of twenty different empty cars, and then all of them will start, then I try another empty car, and it won't start, it doesn't mean that there's something wrong with the gasoline.

I just tried a quick Google search, and it seems that, aside from lots of general keyboard configuration problems, EA games seem to be mentioned along with Speedpads a fair bit, and not favorably.

So, just keeping this alive, I guess. Like I said, any constructive ideas would be extremely welcome.

Beerbob[/QUOTE]

I understand what your saying. My point was simply that your nonworking device does not mean the game is a shitty console port.

my bf3 works with my mouse, keyboards, gamepad and flightstick.

All the US servers I join are terrible. Decent ones are often empty now. What's happening?

reset your server filters and reinput your filters...I do this everh few days and my server results are much better

I've found the server browser to be kind of crappy myself. Fortunately I bookmarked a lot of servers early on because sometimes I won't even find them in the server list when I use filters.

Anyone able to move games from the original Origin folder to another HDD?

Shits pissing me off, Moved my games off my SSD to my backup drive. Everything went fine, so i thought.

Went to load up BF3 and now I get the initializing then disappear crap. So tried repairing it, and nothing new. Then went to uninstall it and now I cant even uninstall.. It just says Install, when clicking on that, it just sits there..

Fucking EA. :rolleyes:

You should have uninstalled it and downloaded the game again to your desired HDD.
There's a method to moving your files correctly and requires a change within Origin.
Seems like you tired to cut corners and failed.

Love it.. Dont play on [SeC 8] servers

We were getting spawn camped on Grand Bazaar, until match ended. Karkland loaded I was on RU side, took out an tank then proceed to climb to the roof of first building on the right side of map, Shot some scrub named Outlaw who was camping in the rocks on the path from US spawn.

In turn I get banned for "spawn raping" lol.

"I understand what your saying. My point was simply that your nonworking device does not mean the game is a shitty console port.

my bf3 works with my mouse, keyboards, gamepad and flightstick."

Just to clarify. My "nonworking device" just happens to work everywhere except BF3. I thought it was a console port because this is a typical failure of a console port. Problems with keyboard maps and control inputs practically define the behaviour of a badly done port to the PC platform because of the inherent nature of console controller software not needing to be designed to be flexible. Plenty of old console games didn't even let you remap the controller buttons.

I accept your assertion that it was designed to be a PC game in the first place. Does it matter? Does it change anything? Does it help? If I manage to get this working, there are some people out there that would like it a lot.

What type of gamepad are you using, by the way?

Last edited:
anyone have any idea how to use the left analog stick for throttle up and down on an xbox 360 controller. I really want this to work right for the jets and default isn't nearly as good for me

anyone have any idea how to use the left analog stick for throttle up and down on an xbox 360 controller. I really want this to work right for the jets and default isn't nearly as good for me

Have you tried changing the mapping in Options? You'll have to change it for both land vehicles, helos, and jets, but I was able to map mine.

something like xpadder would work for you, but that's more of a work-around than an actual fix. i used xpadder for my 360 controller in BC2 and it worked perfectly.

"I understand what your saying. My point was simply that your nonworking device does not mean the game is a shitty console port.

my bf3 works with my mouse, keyboards, gamepad and flightstick."

Just to clarify. My "nonworking device" just happens to work everywhere except BF3. I thought it was a console port because this is a typical failure of a console port. Problems with keyboard maps and control inputs practically define the behaviour of a badly done port to the PC platform because of the inherent nature of console controller software not needing to be designed to be flexible. Plenty of old console games didn't even let you remap the controller buttons.

I accept your assertion that it was designed to be a PC game in the first place. Does it matter? Does it change anything? Does it help? If I manage to get this working, there are some people out there that would like it a lot.

What type of gamepad are you using, by the way?

wait, you are complaining because your gamepad doesn't work on the computer? and are calling BF3 a crappy console port because of this? You realize computer games use a keyboard and mouse, while CONSOLE players use a gamepad right? so a gamepad no working points towards the game being PC first.

Back