Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Y. I can still have fun with the game and stay pretty high up on the scoreboard regardless. I just don't get butthurt whenever a game goes south. Aka don't take it too seriously and have fun or don't play it.
Spaceman, GG's last night bro. Thnx for the meds, your a great player to squad up with!

[H]ardforum ACE SQUAD / MVP FTW!!!

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1039483073 said:
Spaceman, GG's last night bro. Thnx for the meds, your a great player to squad up with!

[H]ardforum ACE SQUAD / MVP FTW!!!

I don't mind doing the dirty work. Won me some championships.Fun to play in a full squad for a change.

Casper is a fucking hack but we still beat his team. One cheater can't win against a good squad.

I need to play with some fellow [H] guys -- sucky thing is I work Thursday through Sunday, off days mon-tue-wed.... doesn't leave much time for gaming when everyone else is off.

I recently changed my Origin ID -- i think now its' my plain ole email handle of "Accelerus" if you feel like adding me.

I don't mind doing the dirty work. Won me some championships.Fun to play in a full squad for a change.

Casper is a fucking hack but we still beat his team. One cheater can't win against a good squad.
Yep, we def beat the cheater that round, was super close and we won by 12 tickets.

I'll run as medic next time also so we can keep each other up. I think I was like 80-17, woulda been 80-40 if you weren't there lol.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1039484689 said:
Yep, we def beat the cheater that round, was super close and we won by 12 tickets.

I'll run as medic next time also so we can keep each other up. I think I was like 80-17, woulda been 80-40 if you weren't there lol.

I dont know, I seen youtube videos of some of the hacks out there and it looks like its unbeatable unless the person lets you beat them.

In BF3 I'm missing winter maps with snow especially smaller maps like CQC maps. Maybe they will add them in last DLC - Endgame.

In BF3 I'm missing winter maps with snow especially smaller maps like CQC maps. Maybe they will add them in last DLC - Endgame.

I forgot the name, but there's already a snowmap on a mountain with a radar installation. And it's CQC.

cqc my ass

alborz mountains in conquest small > caspian border in conquest large

:p

You can still play the game, just join through battelog and it will force Origin to open.
This works for me all the time..

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1039484689 said:

If you guys play some vanilla let me know. I have you on battlelog now (krakah293)

This. They can kill people with ammo boxes.
LOL, there's a big difference between a hacker like that and a "closest hacker" that's just using wallhacks only. Obviously there is no way to kill a hacker that's using that ammo box hack, knife across the map hack or LMG with an aimbot just standing still and spinning around getting headshots, when those hackers join up I just leave the server.

Its the obvious hackers that ruin the game for me. If im playing against a hacker thats going 5:1 or 6:1, then I might be a bit frustrated but at least he's not ruining the entire round for the entire server causing a mass exodus of players.

I went 22-1 yesterday while testing my new recording setup. On normal too (which I never, ever play). I kept expecting to die and it just never happened. :/ Not everyone with a high or crazy KDR is hacking. :p

I hate how choppers are untouchable to infantry in this game. Getting rid of the AT4 is the most fucking retarded thing ever.

Oh, and how fun is it to be on a team that does not know how to drop medkits or ammo packs...

Last edited:
Played a couple rounds tonight for the first time in 3 months to test out my new 7870. Weird to play with such a fluid framerate (no seriously)

Also strange to try to get used to BF3's controls again while being enveloped by Mechwarrior Online's controls as well as Far Cry 3's, lol. Bailed out of a Viper by accident from 200ft up and skipped across rocks yet survived somehow, hahaha

I don't know why people even like AK. Even with 64 players, you can't find anyone and if you do, it's probably a tank, so Engineer is the only usable class. BF3 has amazing gunplay and I really like DICE for promoting that. It's really not surprising that CQ maps are more popular than AK maps. I can't see any fun it just shooting tanks with Javelin or being in a tank and being shot by Javelin.

Woot....got my Rambo dog tag!! Got 4 of my kills by doing suicide C4 runs on Metro on the stairs to the left of B (while facing C)

I don't know why people even like AK. Even with 64 players, you can't find anyone and if you do, it's probably a tank, so Engineer is the only usable class. BF3 has amazing gunplay and I really like DICE for promoting that. It's really not surprising that CQ maps are more popular than AK maps. I can't see any fun it just shooting tanks with Javelin or being in a tank and being shot by Javelin.

I feel completely the opposite. Armored Kill to me is the quintessential Battlefield experience. I wish Death Valley was darker so that it would actually be a night time map but I really do appreciate the fact that they chose 4 different palettes for the maps (desert, snow, grass and night). The maps are designed to cater to both infantry and vehicle gameplay too. On Bandar desert, if you want to play as infantry you have the 3 points in the village lined up and you can virtually ignore the rest of the map. The other 4 points are spread out and require vehicles to actually control them. This kind of design is true for all the maps... every one has a few clumped up together and the others spread out. And I'm glad it's not a CQ style clusterfuck where you kill someone and then someone kills you from behind and so on. AK has low scoring matches but are way more intense and entertaining to me than CQ.

I will agree though that AK really favors engineers over other classes. Not really sure what they can do to fix that.

Pretty creative. I wish I had thought of that. I took a lot of deaths going jihad on Metro. lol

It's by far the most popular way to get the assignment completed. Youtube is full of videos of this being done. I tried it one afternoon and I couldn't get it to work for me :( so I've resigned myself to letting it happen when it happens. I have 2 multi kills so far so I'll eventually get the other 3 too.

They need to bring back calling in mortars for snipers, like in BC2. Remove the noob toob from support. It'd give 3 classes some type of ability to hit armor - support has c4, engi, and snipers with mortar support.

They need to bring back calling in mortars for snipers, like in BC2. Remove the noob toob from support. It'd give 3 classes some type of ability to hit armor - support has c4, engi, and snipers with mortar support.

I agree. In addition to the mortar BF3 should've the added AT-4. I get tired of trying to shoot down heli's only to see flare after flare and getting killed because the enemy has a beat on me.

PS. And oh yeah don't forget the tracer dart for all classes.

Not that I argue the point your trying to make but, I think DICE's response would be that they are not charging for the maps, they are charging for all the additional content they are building into the expansions that include the maps. :rolleyes:

Yes. In pure semantics, DICE has kept to its word because it doesn't make "map packs" anymore.

Would you BF3 players consider this game's "expansions" to be of the same calibre as the Special Forces expansion for BF2?

I hate how choppers are untouchable to infantry in this game. Getting rid of the AT4 is the most fucking retarded thing ever

You must've started playing this game 6-12 months after release because they've nerfed heli's into the ground, infantry got their wish and can 1v1 a chopper with the EZMODE point&click stingers, its absurdly easy against most heli pilots, so youre seriously doing something wrong if at this stage of the game you find them untouchable, no offense. And against experienced pilots you only need a second teammate somewhere within 400m to fire another stinger after the initial countermeasure is burned.

Put another way, actually try flying one and see how long you stay up and how untouchable or not you really are.

I'll agree on the AT4's from BC2 though - those actually required skill to use and were rewarding when you hit something, too bad theyre not in BF3.

Last edited:
You must've started playing this game 6-12 months after release because they've nerfed heli's into the ground, infantry got their wish and can 1v1 a chopper with the EZMODE point&click stingers, its absurdly easy against most heli pilots, so youre seriously doing something wrong if at this stage of the game you find them untouchable, no offense. And against experienced pilots you only need a second teammate somewhere within 400m to fire another stinger after the initial countermeasure is burned.

Put another way, actually try flying one and see how long you stay up and how untouchable or not you really are.

I'll agree on the AT4's from BC2 though - those actually required skill to use and were rewarding when you hit something, too bad theyre not in BF3.

That's the problem...I'm usually the only one trying to take down choppers. The pilot can simply pop countermeasures, fly off, and then come back when the cooldown for the countermeasures is over. The person who fires the first, useless AA missile also gets no reward if the chopper gets hit by a second or third missile from another player, so nobody seems to bother. You can only 1v1 a chopper if the pilot is too inexperienced to know how to drop countermeasures and fly away (thus letting you hit them with the second AA missile), or you can get lucky with an unguided RPG/SMAW.

Well if you've fired your stinger and the Heli flies away then you've successfully suppressed him and removed the enemy's air support temporarily. In one of the dev's own words thats what handheld AA was intended for: suppression, not EZKILLS.

Spending a few minutes on Battlelog's forums (brace yourself) you'll notice a prevalent mentality that consider that not good enough and that a lone infantry deserves to strongarm a 2-man heli with a noskill weapon and kill it most of the time, and the fact he's able to fly away means "stingers are broken". And they feel the same way about jets, not coincidentally.

I guess the idea of "balance" is always going to be an endless debate, but OTOH player demographics seem to have changed a lot since BF2 which many consider Battlefield's glory days, and since BF3's release there have been an abundance of COD and halo kids that came in expecting to play run&gun hide&seek on the ground undisturbed, and their complaints about vehicles really just boil down to frustration over the fact there are vehicles in the game to begin with, nevermind that *most* of the maps are already infantry-oriented or infantry-only. I'm afraid for how much more of a sclerotic self-parody of the classic "Battlefield" experience that BF4 becomes.

Last edited:
Well if you've fired your stinger and the Heli flies away then you've successfully suppressed him and removed the enemy's air support temporarily. In one of the dev's own words thats what handheld AA was intended for: suppression, not EZKILLS.

Spending a few minutes on Battlelog's forums (brace yourself) you'll notice a prevalent mentality that consider that not good enough and that a lone infantry deserves to strongarm a 2-man heli with a noskill weapon and kill it most of the time, and the fact he's able to fly away means "stingers are broken". And they feel the same way about jets, not coincidentally.

I guess the idea of "balance" is always going to be an endless debate, but OTOH player demographics seem to have changed a lot since BF2 which many consider Battlefield's glory days, and since BF3's release there have been an abundance of COD and halo kids that came in expecting to play run&gun hide&seek on the ground undisturbed, and their complaints about vehicles really just boil down to frustration over the fact there are vehicles in the game to begin with, nevermind that *most* of the maps are already infantry-oriented or infantry-only. I'm afraid for how much more of a sclerotic self-parody of the classic "Battlefield" experience that BF4 becomes.

On the other hand, you only get what is it, 6 shots with the stinger/igla if you have the explosives perk selected, and so that gives you the ability to harass the enemy helo/jet for a grand total of like one minute. (adding up all the time they take to pop flare/chaff and fly away) As an engi you are giving up the ability to attack and DESTROY ground targets completely by selecting the stinger/igla. So you give up that powerful ability to HARASS enemy air?

Don't get me wrong, I see where you're coming from and I agree that the stinger/igla should not be super easy insta kills like they were at launch. However it has to be said they ARE too weak right now. As it is right now enemy air is completely invincible to everything except friendly air units.

One way to combat this IMO would be to have the flare only affect the missile that is launched at it just before the flare is popped. That way a pair of engis can work together to bring down a helo/jet (one can launch, get the enemy to pop flares, then the other engi shoots and gets a guaranteed hit.) IIRC that's how it used to work at some point in BF3, or maybe I'm thinking of BC2. Right now you could have 32 engineers shooting at a helo, as long as the flare is in the sky NONE of the missiles are going to hit it.

Anyway, IMHO there DOES need to be some nerf to countermeasures or a boost to manpads. But it doesn't need a LARGE change, it's really close to balanced right now IMO but it's not there yet.

edit: One other possible way to tweak this would be to give the RPG/smaw a slight boost in speed (of the projectile). It would give SKILLED players a better chance at taking down air units with them, but still be unlikely enough that it wouldn't turn into a rpg/smaw spamfest.

Last edited:
Back