Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

So, among the pilots here, how many of you use the mouse, and how many use something else to control?

I've picked up a few helicopters and a few jets, but the results were embarrassing :)

Plugged in and configured my joystick to learn to fly, ended up using mouse instead anyway. Far better for accurate strafing runs, and I overcame the mouse-rowing issue by mapping spacebar to pull up for the tight turns.

So if I try to join a server that is playing Metro, BF3 freezes up once it goes fullscreen. :( Don't have this problem anywhere else, and it only manifested itself after playing Metro earlier today and then quitting the server.

Also, anyone know of a way to tell how many rounds you've played?

I feel the 870MCS needs a damage buff or spread decrease for buckshot.

So if I try to join a server that is playing Metro, BF3 freezes up once it goes fullscreen. :( Don't have this problem anywhere else, and it only manifested itself after playing Metro earlier today and then quitting the server.

Also, anyone know of a way to tell how many rounds you've played?

I think this is due to people wanting to spam join the Metro servers, and because more than 1 person jumped in.

You get a ribbon for each round completed.

Just lost ~8,000 points getting disconnected from a server, finally had some luck sniping, lost laser site, T-UGS, foregrip, and 4x zoom for SVD, they really need to fix that..

I AM SO F***ING SICK OF GETTING DISCONNECTED AFTER PLAYING A MATCH FOR 30 MINTUES AND LOSING ALL MY POINTS.

No disconnects here, but damn, so many hackers. guys going 150-0 and such.

EA support rep said 3 days till patch. Let's see if they were just lying through their teeth or if they'll come through.

Anybody here not being able to connect to battlelog at this moment? Is it down or something or just swamped because it's the weekend?

Anybody here not being able to connect to battlelog at this moment? Is it down or something or just swamped because it's the weekend?

Its down for a number of folks at this time - acknowledged on twitter at least.

Seems that Charter and Windstream users are affected along with a bunch of others. I'm in the Windstream crowd for one more week...

I was missing 4 ribbons for a medal, I make 3 in a round and 1 in a second round, no medals, at the end of the round I check my stats, the first round results was no there, same server , wtf with Origin ?

Its down for a number of folks at this time - acknowledged on twitter at least.

Seems that Charter and Windstream users are affected along with a bunch of others. I'm in the Windstream crowd for one more week...

Ahh I see, I'm with Consolidated, so I guess that's another one of the affected services. Thanks mate.

So I caved. My roommate begged me nonstop for two days to get it so we could co-op. Weirdness though I dug around on ebay and found a guy with decent feedback selling an Origin Standard Ed for $30. So when I went to install it turned out to be the Limited edition. Whole reason I was refusing to buy it was because they were rifling through our pockets for an extra couple bucks just to get the whole game(IMO). I fucking despise the Battlelog web browser bullshit. I managed to get steam overlay working but I wish I could just use the steam browser. So far game is fun. Asking this guy if all his copies are LE. If so I'll report back.

TL;DR

Piscian caved and bought BF3
Ebay Seller Has BF3 Limited Edition US Version $30

NVM he says not all are. Guess it's random.

Last edited:
Why the fuck can't I connect to battlelog.

Can't even play the fucking game with my friend. This is why steam is infinitely better.

Can't even play the fucking game with my friend. This is why steam is infinitely better.

Because steam never has problems right..

No system is perfect. Battlelog works fine as a server browser.

Origin sucks because one single game uses a web browser as it's server browser?

Anyways, loving how huge a threadnaught this is. Where is the MW3 threadnaught? Page 2?

Steam never does have problems. There are millions of people that cannot connect to Battlelog right now.

Steam never does have problems. There are millions of people that cannot connect to Battlelog right now.

I'll say this I honest to god don't remember ever not being able to connect to steam. I think steam was down once in I don't know 2005?

Battlelog is by far the worst server browser I've ever seen. It's just goofy and nonsensical. Age of achievement and stat tards. I wish they'd all get a room and let the rest of us just enjoy a fucking game.

Thats the last of it for me. I don't wanna argue about it.

Last edited:
I was missing 4 ribbons for a medal, I make 3 in a round and 1 in a second round, no medals, at the end of the round I check my stats, the first round results was no there, same server , wtf with Origin ?

If you believe your issue has to do with origin, you need to not use a computer anymore.

Battlelog is great, no more starting the game to see if a serve I want has room in it or not. I also like being able to check-up on upcoming unlocks and what not. I think the addition of a couple more features and it will be perfect.

I would like to say to those who cant connect to Battlelog, just because you cant connect, doesnt mean it is a Battlelog issue.

Steam has also been out much much MUCH longer than Battlelog. I guess you don't remember what happened when Steam first launched. As for Battlelog itself, this has been the smoothest Battlefield launch to date. I don't necessarily like Battlelog, but DICE has done a decent job at keeping it up.

rabble rabble rabble....pre-order cancelled!

Meanwhile...why did they make any other LMGs other than the M249. Seriously...none of the others come even close. Also, nothing comes close to the amazingness of flanking an entire team clustered up on metro or market and unloading a clip of 200 into their backs...8 kills in one clip?! I wish my guy would start screaming like the heavy in TF2, that would be fantastic.

What's a guy gotta do to fucking have a working server browser that shows ping times?

You have been disconnected from EA Online.

I scratched my head real hard when I heard I'd be launching the game from my browser.

Just being honest here, I actually love Battlelog. I like the stats. I like seeing my unlock progression. I like seeing my friends activity.

It's honestly my favorite server browser outside of the good old reliable TF2/CS:S style Steam browser. It has worked flawlessly for me and I find the filter options more than sufficient to find the type of game I want. The only issue I can actually pinpoint is that the DAO is not in my weapons stat list even though I've used it and gotten kills. My gripes with BF3 (which are few) have absolutely nothing to do with Battlelog and are really more about some quirks or oversights with the game itself.

Either way I'm having a great time. I just switched today to Hardcore CQ 64 from Normal CQ 64 and I'm definitely preferring HC just like I did in BC2. In normal mode I find myself fighting the UI and attempting to take in all the information on the screen instead of just playing a damn shooter. In normal I get too dependent on spotting and it really took me out of my game. Maybe once I'm more comfortable spotting targets without any assistance I'll go back to normal model, but I also think I prefer the damage mode (and no, I'm not a sniper).

They just picked up the kit for a quick second and maybe killed someone, then switched back. I am top recon in my platoon, and I NEVER have actually selected recon to spawn. I must have just picked up a kit somewhere along the way when i was out of ammo and killed a few people.

That's a terrible way of tracking stats isn't it?

Meanwhile...why did they make any other LMGs other than the M249. Seriously...none of the others come even close. Also, nothing comes close to the amazingness of flanking an entire team clustered up on metro or market and unloading a clip of 200 into their backs...8 kills in one clip?! I wish my guy would start screaming like the heavy in TF2, that would be fantastic.

uh, the m249 is weak sauce compared to the comical murder machine that is the m240.

Was just checking out the dogtags... 712 MAV kills. Whoa, didn't know the game tracks that.

Well, after 60 hours in the game I think my enthusiasm is starting to wane.

Just so many problems and bugs in this game its out of control.

Constant game crashes, server disconnects, server crashes, M240B/general LMG god weapons that have NO detractors (super accuracy, super damage, super rate of fire, super ammo count [WTF was DICE thinking], mega campers, M320 cheap ass n00b tubers, incredible server side lag.

The whole server lag thing where the server is 1-2 seconds behind your client update really wears me down. Dying behind cover away from where I was 2 seconds ago is just really lame. I don't think they coded this game right to handle large amounts of people seeing how behind the servers are and general lag/rubber-banding.

Might take a break for a while, at least until the patch comes out (which I am sure will be very disappointing considering DICE's track record). They won't fix crashing but they will put a stupid horn on a jeep or something.

uh, the m249 is weak sauce compared to the comical murder machine that is the m240.

Really? I went back to the m249 from the m240. It just seemed not to pack the same punch with the lower ROF. Much lower accuracy as well; with the m249 I can engage at fairly long ranges, whereas with the m240 or m60, the recoil is so high it throws me off.

Make sure you're using the IRNV and foregrip, like all the other lemmings.

Does anyone know how to add BF2 and BF2142 to my account? I want the dogtags that they give but I tried entering the CD keys into Origin and it wouldn't take them. My copy of BF2/BF2142 are retail box copies from when they were first released years ago. Am I only able to get the dogtags if I purchase the game digitally through Origin?

Does anyone know how to add BF2 and BF2142 to my account? I want the dogtags that they give but I tried entering the CD keys into Origin and it wouldn't take them. My copy of BF2/BF2142 are retail box copies from when they were first released years ago. Am I only able to get the dogtags if I purchase the game digitally through Origin?

If you contact EA/Origin (live chat works), I think they'll give you new codes for them - apparently the old CD codes don't work.

Either way I'm having a great time. I just switched today to Hardcore CQ 64 from Normal CQ 64 and I'm definitely preferring HC just like I did in BC2. In normal mode I find myself fighting the UI and attempting to take in all the information on the screen instead of just playing a damn shooter. In normal I get too dependent on spotting and it really took me out of my game. Maybe once I'm more comfortable spotting targets without any assistance I'll go back to normal model, but I also think I prefer the damage mode (and no, I'm not a sniper).

+9000

HC mode = cheese setting turned to "low" in game options. In Normal mode, vehicles behave magically psychic as the driver can go into 3rd person god mode and see you sneaking up on him on foot not making a sound. Also it takes more bullets to kill an enemy than 50 Cent. 4 headshots for a kill? Might as well play at 800x600 rez for the kind of immersion-killer that is.

Back