Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

what would you like to see? more shots needed to kill HALO style?

new BTK footage..

stike at karkand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UJuMbKA6f8&feature=player_embedded

gulf of oman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD5PBDpm2N0&feature=player_embedded

Looks like they've omitted the whole section of Karkand to the east of the canal. When the new round started the guy spawned on the west side of the canal.

Those rat bastards. Are they just doing everything in their power to destroy all that was good about BF2? :mad:

My biggest complaint of the game is probably the gun modeling, it reminds me too much of COD. Problem is recoil is virtually non-existent on most weapons, .

Are we playing the same game ? Even the VSS ( unlock at level 45) have a lot of recoil

Looks like they've omitted the whole section of Karkand to the east of the canal. When the new round started the guy spawned on the west side of the canal.

Those rat bastards. Are they just doing everything in their power to destroy all that was good about BF2? :mad:

only 3 flag ?????? even the Battlefield 4 free use 4 flag on the same small version of Karkand

Last edited:
You mean aside from the fact that early on it feels like there's a vast gulf in the quality of equipment available to higher level players compared to just starting out?

Are you serious? It's not even a matter of opinion. The guns don't really change that much as you unlock new ones (just look at the stat sheet). A lot of people still prefer the starting weapons.

Are you serious? It's not even a matter of opinion. The guns don't really change that much as you unlock new ones (just look at the stat sheet). A lot of people still prefer the starting weapons.

The guns themselves don't really change but the accessories sure as hell do. My favorite role in this game is currently the Assault kit with an M416, IRNV, heavy barrel, and foregrip. I do get kills with that setup that I would not have gotten with the base M16A3 w/ iron sights. I feel that the game is slightly biased towards players like me who can devote a lot of time into getting the unlocks.

I normally get between 40-50 fps in Caspian Border. But every once in a while, my fps is a constant 20-35. When I restart the computer, this usually fixes things. Yesterday, when i noticed that it was happening again, I jumped out to the desktop and closed out all my Chrome windows, including the one for Battlelog. When I jumped back into bf3, fps was back to the 40+ range.

Any idea what it could be? Think it's Battlelog? or maybe one of the other windows I had open? (probably hard forum and Yahoo fantasy football)

On a side note: Am I the only one losing sleep at night here trying to fit in both BF3 AND Skyrim?

What I'm noticing about all the gun models is that the chamber door is closed and no shells ejecting out.... it looks weird to me.

The guns themselves don't really change but the accessories sure as hell do. My favorite role in this game is currently the Assault kit with an M416, IRNV, heavy barrel, and foregrip. I do get kills with that setup that I would not have gotten with the base M16A3 w/ iron sights. I feel that the game is slightly biased towards players like me who can devote a lot of time into getting the unlocks.

'Biased' is the wrong word. How about 'rewarding'? :confused:

This is a game, after all. Enjoy playing it. :D

'Biased' is the wrong word. How about 'rewarding'? :confused:

This is a game, after all. Enjoy playing it. :D

It doesn't make for a fun game when you're just starting out, that's for damn sure. It'd be nice if these games that have everything be unlocked as you play would start having some level-restricted server options or something...

100 kills for IRNV is pretty trivial. Join a TDM server and get it in under an hour. Sure you may have a favorite loadout, but you aren't crippled by any means if you don't have that loadout. In terms of a usable sight that's not the iron sight... that's 10 kills.

I feel your overall tactics and approach to how to play the game affects your performance far more than your loadout.

Last edited:
It doesn't make for a fun game when you're just starting out, that's for damn sure.

I had a blast starting out. It was FUN to work towards the unlocks. It was FUN to kill players much higher level than me with unlocks I didn't have. It was FUN to win games regardless if I killed someone with an unlock or not. It was FUN to work as a squad with random people. It was FUN to play with my online friends.

And apparently it was fun enough for you to keep playing. :D

Come on now... you're just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. :p

Of course it suck to unlock a new weapon and have no attachments, but it’s part of the game, you have to adjust and find a way to kill the enemies in another way, like now since I’m level 49 I’m concentreting on win new medals, I’m trying to achieve the melee one, with a knife you don’t run in the Metro stair trying to kill 4 or 5 guys pointing their LMG and m320 at you SO if I can make 4 knifes in a round; I don’t see why a guy can’t make 5 or 10 kills with a gun and only an iron site, I’m 51 with way less reflex than a teenager . Just fo on a map like Caspian in the forest and move around, you will get mainly all of them by the back ( I know no pound to shoot at the back )

I would assume that's only for the console versions, does anyone know for sure if PC will have the full 64-man maps?

I'm quite ok with this. I find it inexplicable and a bit annoying when games take rifles all firing the same cartridge from approximately the same length barrel and then give them wildly different damage properties.

I can see that seeming boring, but as long as they instead give them different rates of fire, different degrees of muzzle climb depending on the design of the weapon, that sort of thing, it can still be interesting as well as well-balanced.

For example, the KH2002 is basically a burst-only M16A2 in bullpup configuration, but I prefer it over the M16A3/A4 because it is far more controllable. I can't stand the AR rifles with ACOGs on or any other optic over 3.4x magnification because the muzzle climb is horrendous and causes me to die more often the kill the target. The KH2002 on the other hand seems to have been developed with its design in mind so the optics are almost a necessity and the muzzle climb is almost negligible.

I think thats just for console

Are we playing the same game ? Even the VSS ( unlock at level 45) have a lot of recoil

this...play mw3 then bf3 and tell me they are in the same ball park, and we will know said person is insane

this...play mw3 then bf3 and tell me they are in the same ball park, and we will know said person is insane

I never use the word insane... aside I will not play mw3 multi players, I find it quite boring to just spam and kill and I will not talk about the graphics you have taste to everyone and I'm not fan boyish in anything, I have AMD and Nvidia GPU and AMD and Intel CPU , Apple stuff too ...

I never use the word insane... aside I will not play mw3 multi players, I find it quite boring to just spam and kill and I will not talk about the graphics you have taste to everyone and I'm not fan boyish in anything, I have AMD and Nvidia GPU and AMD and Intel CPU , Apple stuff too ...

call them what you want, play SP MW3 then(all I have played of it) the weapon handling is WAY different, almost no recoil compared to BF3(not even talking about graphics)

call them what you want, play SP MW3 then(all I have played of it) the weapon handling is WAY different, almost no recoil compared to BF3(not even talking about graphics)

So we talk about the same, lol,I tough at first you means the recoil was the same in both game...... I don't play MP but a give it a try, on the other hand my 9 years old son prefer MW 1,2,3, to battlefield, so I purchase it for him.

Let me tell you about a frustration I had many, many times that I've seen echoed by several people. It goes a little like this:

Get the jump on a guy, start shooting him...fairly close range so the shots are definitely landing. He turns around and BAM...dead.

Lol...I had an extremely frustrating moment the other day...snuck up on a sniper on a roof in TDM, and hit the knife button. I was right next to him and it didn't do a goddamn thing. He started to turn around and before his character model had even fully gotten up he shot me once and killed me. Total and complete bullshit.

That's why I rarely attempt to use the knife. Too much variance in whether or not it will connect.

BTW, my system runs BF3 beautifully, but last night in Metro Conquest, it seemed to stutter a bit. Anyone else have performance issues on that particular map?

Lol...I had an extremely frustrating moment the other day...snuck up on a sniper on a roof in TDM, and hit the knife button. I was right next to him and it didn't do a goddamn thing. He started to turn around and before his character model had even fully gotten up he shot me once and killed me. Total and complete bullshit.

That's why I rarely attempt to use the knife. Too much variance in whether or not it will connect.

Same here. I came up behind an enemy with his mortar set up on Seine Crossing; two slashes at his back, each gave me an X but no instant kill. Said screw it and pulled out my rifle. :p

Do unlocks in coop and singleplayer work in multiplayer? I need to level up the vehicles.

if you're asking whether or not kills with a particular gun or vehicle count towards your MP unlocks, no they do not. but there are a few specific guns that can only be unlocked in multiplayer by earning 'co-op points' in the co-op missions.

So they can only be done in multiplayer game? I need TV missiles badly does anyone know of an 'easy server' (if ya know what I mean), to do this in? Preferably one where people stand around and let me kill them over and over again for free.

I dont know of any farming servers off hand but if you have friends you could trade services by going into an empty server and doing it. That is a common way people will stat whore.

So they can only be done in multiplayer game? I need TV missiles badly does anyone know of an 'easy server' (if ya know what I mean), to do this in? Preferably one where people stand around and let me kill them over and over again for free.

I dont know of any farming servers off hand but if you have friends you could trade services by going into an empty server and doing it. That is a common way people will stat whore.

just earn your unlocks in a legitimate server. it'll make you a better pilot.

Do unlocks in coop and singleplayer work in multiplayer? I need to level up the vehicles.

Unlocks in co-op work in MP, yes. Only for the weapons that you gain for co-op points, though. Using vehicles in co-op and SP don't level anything up for you, and nothing from SP affects MP at all.

And there are plenty of servers with 1-player start, so just go on one of those, fly around in a heli/whatever, and capture points on Conquest. Fairly boring but easy way to level up various vehicles.

just earn your unlocks in a legitimate server. it'll make you a better pilot.

It's not always easy to do that when noobs steal the aircraft and ram it into the ground after flying around aimlessly for 10 minutes.

lol

No not really... I don't care how anyone plays; it's their game, they can do whatever they want within the rules of the game.

At least the hillside of wookies isn't nearly as prevalent in this game as it was in BC2.

Because the fact that they have little experience with the maps and gameplay in general has nothing to do with it... it's all about the iron sight?

Yea sure it's easier to use the later sights (especially IRNV), but it really isn't that hard to kill someone. If you're doing it right, you won't really be going toe to toe against someone. You'll most likely be killing them before they can react to you.

This.
Shooting someone in the back may not be "sporting", but it works like a charm!

I am getting so sick and tired of newbs taking key pieces of equipment, camping with them the whole game and wasting their assets.

Like those **** that take the mobile AA in firestorm, go to the top of a hill and get like 5 kills the whole game and the other team runs rampant with air vehicles. I have started team killing these morons. God it infuriates me when horrible players monopolize stuff like that. My server list is getting smaller as I am getting banned by newb admins that allow this crap.

Seriously dude, decaf.
I have to wonder why you have this game-you seem to hate everything about it.
And if I was admining a server where you were puposefully TK'ng, I'd permaban your ass in a heartbeat too.

vs. being useful

Its funny cus its true. I only play recon because this game too me is nothing more than a snipers shooting range. That being said sometimes I end up with like 6 kills 2 deaths and 500 points sitting just above the AFK people. Not much help to the team at all except sometimes I'm in a great position for people to spawn on.

when my team is losing though I'll hope in a tank and play capture the flag and end up in top 5. Also as an observation most of the time when my team is loosing its because people in the tanks avoid taking the flags and just hang back trying to be a tank sniper or something kind of makes me want to C4 them, but seeing as half the game I'm doing nothing but sniping it would be quite hypocritical of me.

And if I was admining a server where you were puposefully TK'ng, I'd permaban your ass in a heartbeat too.

Agreed. There is no reason to purposefully TK people. Ever. There is a chat feature in BF3 - use it. If that doesn't work, move on and play or find a new server. There are at least 3 or 4 BF3 servers out there. :D

Seriously dude, decaf.
I have to wonder why you have this game-you seem to hate everything about it.

Glad you're not a server admin, then. If some idiot kept taking a vehicle and just camping doing nothing with it the entire round, I'd ban his ass.

And TBH the more I play this game the more frustrated I get, so I think it's realistic to become annoyed with it. They need to work on balance issues ASAP.

Haven't played in two weeks, and now that I've torn down my PC for a 2012 rebuild, another two weeks looks like a possibility.
I'll be on back on in December for BtK. Maybe then Conquest mode will be restored to the BF2 version.

oh you're one of those guys. a keyboard master of strategy.

I can't help but scratch my head at the sniper who has 2-1 and 640 points at the end of a round when other people on the team have 15-5 and 4000 points. I wonder which one was a greater asset to the team? Not saying all snipers are like this but it sure seems common. :eek:

I can't help but scratch my head at the sniper who has 2-1 and 640 points at the end of a round when other people on the team have 15-5 and 4000 points. I wonder which one was a greater asset to the team? Not saying all snipers are like this but it sure seems common. :eek:

'Cause that's how they wanna play. *shrug* To each his own enjoyment of BF3, I suppose.

'Cause that's how they wanna play. *shrug* To each his own enjoyment of BF3, I suppose.

I wouldn't have a problem with this...however, when you get half a dozen of these people on your team, it starts to become very unbalanced when the other team has half a dozen more contributing players.

If people want to be a lone wolf that doesn't help the team they should go play DM.

Haven't played in two weeks, and now that I've torn down my PC for a 2012 rebuild, another two weeks looks like a possibility.
I'll be on back on in December for BtK. Maybe then Conquest mode will be restored to the BF2 version.

Let's hope so...I haven't played more than a match or two in the last week or so, either. Partially because of frustration at balance issues, partially because of Skyrim... :cool:

Back