Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Game doesn't lack depth, it lacks fucking microphones. It's damned frustrating to play this game without people you know.

Im scouting the shit out of an MCOM we just set the timer on. Im spamming the spot key on a guy running up to it and disarm, and some jackass in my squad is prone looking in the opposite direction 5 feet from it, i can actually see him moving slowly left and right keeping a look out on a 15 degree scope of view area.

I'd use my microphone but... the game doesn't support it in game natively.

Wasn't PETA started on the premise of animals we eat being poorly handled? Thus, shitty treatment/chemicals would harm us. So they sought to reform these animal factories. From what I see now, it's a bunch of sensitive animal lovers who love their chickens and rats more than they do themselves.

Weird it won't let me, it only lets me choose the main machine gun and my shotgun. :mad:

Well weapons that are unlocked for a given class are only available for that class. Rank-based weapon unlocks are available for all classes.

Well weapons that are unlocked for a given class are only available for that class. Rank-based weapon unlocks are available for all classes.

For example the first weapon for the Assault is AK74M, I unlocked the M141 (I think that's what it's called). Now I can't go back to my AK74M.

For example the first weapon for the Assault is AK74M, I unlocked the M141 (I think that's what it's called). Now I can't go back to my AK74M.

Have you tried selecting it from the deployment screen, instead of the customization screen? Along the bottom right of the deployment screen (under the map) you can click on a weapon position and then quick-select a new gun for it.

Have you tried selecting it from the deployment screen, instead of the customization screen? Along the bottom right of the deployment screen (under the map) you can click on a weapon position and then quick-select a new gun for it.

Yes still only the M143 (forgot exact model) and the shotgun. Also isn't the point of the underslug rail is to enable me to have a medic kit and a grenade launcher? How do I do this.

bf32011110720000493.png

This selection screen right? I can't do it here or loadout.

It's also team dependent. The starting weapon for US is the M16A3, but for RU it's the AK74. I believe one of the first unlocks for Assault is the M416, and based on your screen you haven't unlocked it yet.

Oh, and I finally got the IRNV sight for my M416...Goddamn that thing is absurd. It does take slightly longer to ready than a Holo, but once you use it it's kinda hard to go back. I'm going to try to not get used to it, though.

Yes still only the M143 (forgot exact model) and the shotgun. Also isn't the point of the underslug rail is to enable me to have a medic kit and a grenade launcher? How do I do this.

No, the grenade launcher replaces one of the other slots - so you have to give something up to get it.

Are there any weapons that you CAN mount the M320 on and not give up your extra slot? It specifically says in the description that it can be mounted beneath certain weapons. I will not use it if I have to give up my med kit. :mad:

Are there any weapons that you CAN mount the M320 on? It specifically says in the description that it can be mounted beneath certain weapons. I will not use it if I have to give up my med kit. :mad:

It is mounted beneath any weapon that is using the underslung rail unlock (2nd slot, same as foregrip, bipod). Many Assault weapons come with this unlock by default, both starters do, the M416 does, and etc.

The M320 and M26 however can only be used in place of the medkit.

It is mounted beneath any weapon that is using the underslung rail unlock (2nd slot, same as foregrip, bipod). Many Assault weapons come with this unlock by default, both starters do, the M416 does, and etc.

The M320 and M26 however can only be used in place of the medkit.

Sorry, that's what I meant to type -- I went back and edited my post. Doesn't make sense to me in practical terms that you have to give up your medkit if the grenade launcher is physically mounted to the weapon. But hey, balance and all that. :eek:

Is there any way to see how many rounds you've shot out of a weapon?

I just want to see how many M249 rounds I've wasted supressing the Alley in that one tiny infantry based map lol.

I just reverted my driver to the pre-beta one and it seems to have fixed my crashing between rounds. I'm also able to play campaign reliably. I really like the campaign. It's a lot like COD single player... I only play COD for the single player so I'm cool with that.

Is there any way to see how many rounds you've shot out of a weapon?

I just want to see how many M249 rounds I've wasted supressing the Alley in that one tiny infantry based map lol.

On battlelog, under the weapons section, click the M249 and it should have the rounds fired.

I really like the campaign. It's a lot like COD single player... I only play COD for the single player so I'm cool with that.

What's funny is how bullshit the reviews were of it.

BF3 SP...bland, uninspired story... 5/10 (or worse)

CoD SP...same exact thing... 10/10, Game of the fucking year!

Fucking loved it. It made me laugh so hard watching reviews roll in of BF3 and me just going "Wait? Isn't this just like COD but with more bullets and less laughter?"

:D it just feels so good to shoot and lay down supressive fire!
Kills 191
Headshots 44
ShotsFired 10434

M249 is my favorite weapon second to the AEK-971

349kills 116headshots 240b
24k shots fired ;)

ask where they get paid from should show the answer.

I had no idea you could do so wtihout going through the Customize menu. Will have to check this out tonight, it'll speed up changing weapons, that's for sure.

Two things:

1. The second mission in the BF3 single player campaign is AMAZING from an immersion standpoint. It's like being Goose in TOP GUN, but your pilot never loses his cool! I really felt like I was flying and almost got dizzy from all the aerobatics. I can't wait to sit some of my jet-enthusiast friends down in front of the computer to experience it. Might not have the most replay value or actual interaction (all you do is pop flares and send out heat seekers while an NPC does the flying). But MAN what presentation... this game's single player campaign has the best, most realistic graphics that I've ever seen on the PC... and the animation is so detailed and naturalistic... and all the hardware models are photorealistic... it's just stupendous.

I feel like BF3 might be worth the $ for the single player campaign alone. Honestly had a huge smile on my face playing it last night.

2. Rolling back Nvidia drivers did in fact fix my problem with crashing between rounds. It seems I now periodically crash in the middle of a round .. wasn't happening before but it's not very often, only once in fact.. I'll take the trade-off for now.

2. Rolling back Nvidia drivers did in fact fix my problem with crashing between rounds. It seems I now periodically crash in the middle of a round .. wasn't happening before but it's not very often, only once in fact.. I'll take the trade-off for now.

285.38?

Back