Battlefield 3 - $32.99 (Last Chance to Pre-order!)

After installing and playing the russian version, its no different, still works great

This. The only thing it says is launching BF3 Russian edition.

I do wonder though, if we get updates, will we need the english updatepacks? I hope not.

Seeing as they are supposedly going to charge $15 for the "Back to Karkand" expansion with 4 maps (which is included with retail box/Limited Edition versions) --- i went ahead and snagged the sealed Limited Edition boxed PC version for $44+s/h through someone online.

I figured I paid $20 more, but its legit, I have the dvd to install it instead for the future, and I get the supposed 15 pack for free with the LE version.....

Great, great fucking game..... worth it for sure, even at $50ish

Origin is fucking strange though, and makes it slightly shitty to play online..... and I HATEEEEE that theres no LAN gaming option! WTF! I loved making a quick 64-map LAN skirmish in BF2, but only played single player so I could get REAL multiplayer practice when I was not online! That option is totally not available... and how are they going to make LAN games for gaming competitions?!

Origin is fucking strange though, and makes it slightly shitty to play online..... and I HATEEEEE that theres no LAN gaming option! WTF! I loved making a quick 64-map LAN skirmish in BF2, but only played single player so I could get REAL multiplayer practice when I was not online! That option is totally not available... and how are they going to make LAN games for gaming competitions?!

There is a way out there to bypass Origin. Not going to post it here in case it's against the rules, but if you Google, "Razor1911 Battlefield 3", you'll see it. :D

For those of you buying from directgamekeys, use the coupon code tlow to get an extra dollar or so off.

This also applies to anything in their store, and has been a valid couple for at least a year now.

Last edited:
Origin just updated for me today, they had to fix a bug in the russian version of battlefield 3 and in order to do that, it seems they had to remove the server side localization on the game. The game is no longer listed as Battlefield 3 standard russian edition. Only Battlefield 3. I was concerned with future expansion packs that I would have to download updated language packs if campaign stuff was added. Now It seems they will update the game as a worldwide launch and include any language updates to language files found on the game. After your origin update today, take a look at your game list. You'll notice it says Battlefield 3 only. :D

Anyone who took advantage of a russian key code or plans to you are good to go it seems. I wonder if the download of the language packs will even be necessary any more after this update? :)

Yeah i was coming here to say that too, looks like it is no longer "Russian edition".. awesome

Back