Battlefield 3 - $32.99 (Last Chance to Pre-order!)

Is the Battlefield series treated the same as the Call of Duty series in that the prices almost never drop to "sale" levels? I see Call of Duty games that are many years old still priced at $40+. Even when they're on sale it's only for like $30.

Not really, I remember BC2 going on sale to $20 like 3 weeks after launch. But BF3 is a much bigger game with the retail price point at $60, I don't think it's going to have a tremendous sale price soon.

Meh, paypal wouldn't work with cc or bank account...something about the address.

Oh well, guess I'll go read a book or something :p

Meh, paypal wouldn't work with cc or bank account...something about the address.

Oh well, guess I'll go read a book or something :p

Wait what did you mean by this post. Where did you try to buy it from? I'm currently waiting for money to transfer from my bank account into my paypal account to pay via paypal, that's why I'm curious. It'll suck if I have to wait 3 more days for the money to clear only to find out that I wont be able to buy it anyway,

Wait what did you mean by this post. Where did you try to buy it from? I'm currently waiting for money to transfer from my bank account into my paypal account to pay via paypal, that's why I'm curious. It'll suck if I have to wait 3 more days for the money to clear only to find out that I wont be able to buy it anyway,

I was getting paypal api error 10736 after I clicked 'pay' and it went back to the cdkeydiscount site. However, after the person posted below me said that they just bought it I went back and looked and noticed that I had typo'd my city in the account information on the website and corrected it. After that, the order went through and I got the cd key in email instantly.

I was getting paypal api error 10736 after I clicked 'pay' and it went back to the cdkeydiscount site. However, after the person posted below me said that they just bought it I went back and looked and noticed that I had typo'd my city in the account information on the website and corrected it. After that, the order went through and I got the cd key in email instantly.

Phew (wipes sweat off forehead) Damn that really would have sucked. I'm gonna buy from the other site that has it in russian for $27.99.

Is the Battlefield series treated the same as the Call of Duty series in that the prices almost never drop to "sale" levels? I see Call of Duty games that are many years old still priced at $40+. Even when they're on sale it's only for like $30.
No. Battlefield Bad Company 2 has been under $10 a couple of times on Steam and other sites within the past year. I bought it during last year's holiday sale (6 months after launch) for $7. Call of Duty is the exception to the pricing levels of computer MP games. Generally at launch a game is $50ish and a couple months later they have a 25-50% off sale to attract more buyers, then they release DLC and have another sale to attract more buyers, then after about a year they firesale it to attract the last group of buyers. I don't think I've seen a Call of Duty game for less then $15 and that was for games that the MP was dead.

Just as a heads up, UltimatumGames has the RU Limited Edition for $44.99. They're rated highly on TrustPilot as well.

http://www.ultimatumgamekeys.com/en...field-iii-3-limited-edition-origin-rus-cd-key

CDKeysDirect has the non-LE for $24.99: http://www.cdkeysdirect.com/products/Battlefield-3-ORIGIN-cd-key-Russian-version.html *EDIT* <------ They're not well liked it seems.

Cheapest I found it. Back to Karkand will be releasing on origin for $14.99. Sooooo, it really comes down to what you want. You can get the $25 (cheap!) BF3 standard and wait til Karkand hits a sale at some later point. Save more money that way.

Last edited:
Just as a heads up, UltimatumGames has the RU Limited Edition for $44.99. They're rated highly on TrustPilot as well.

http://www.ultimatumgamekeys.com/en...field-iii-3-limited-edition-origin-rus-cd-key

CDKeysDirect has the non-LE for $24.99: http://www.cdkeysdirect.com/products/Battlefield-3-ORIGIN-cd-key-Russian-version.html

Cheapest I found it.

Nice! thanks for the links, that's $3 cheaper than the site I was gonna buy from. Thanks for linking. If they have it in stock in 3 days I'll pick it up from there.

Nice! thanks for the links, that's $3 cheaper than the site I was gonna buy from. Thanks for linking. If they have it in stock in 3 days I'll pick it up from there.

I just checked the second link (CDKeysDirect.com) and they seem to be very disliked. 6/10.

I just checked the second link (CDKeysDirect.com) and they seem to be very disliked. 6/10.

Where can I see these ratings. $3 extra bucks are worth spending for someone more trustworthy. Can you post a link for me? I would appreciate it.

Got it for 24.99 russian version at CDKeysDirect.com. I liked how they use paypal. Works good :)

Just ordered and it is downloading mighty fast. Paid $27.99 need to translate from russian to english. On the job now ;)

Just ordered and it is downloading mighty fast. Paid $27.99 need to translate from russian to english. On the job now ;)

At first I was skeptical about getting scammed on that site and my second thought was that somehow the game industry would be better off if I bought from EA directly or another mainstream site ect. but now that I think about it maybe EA will stop charging 60 frikin dollars to their american customers if we start supporting these $27 sites. EA still makes money regardless of whether you buy from their main website or you buy their game from a russion discount site. Either way let me know if your $27 steal works I was kind of worried that the lengthy translation process would slow the game down a tinsy bit.

At first I was skeptical about getting scammed on that site and my second thought was that somehow the game industry would be better off if I bought from EA directly or another mainstream site ect. but now that I think about it maybe EA will stop charging 60 frikin dollars to their american customers if we start supporting these $27 sites. EA still makes money regardless of whether you buy from their main website or you buy their game from a russion discount site. Either way let me know if your $27 steal works I was kind of worried that the lengthy translation process would slow the game down a tinsy bit.

Game works flawlessly after the translation. That site will be getting a lot of my business. Especially for games that retail for $59.99. ;)

Do some of you guys with your $300 cpus and multiple $200 video cards really need to buy Russian cd keys? Don't bitch when developers don't give a shit about the pc versions of games.

Do some of you guys with your $300 cpus and multiple $200 video cards really need to buy Russian cd keys? Don't bitch when developers don't give a shit about the pc versions of games.

As usual, blowing things way out of proportion. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure who your referring to exactly but speaking for myself, I don't feel even 1% guilty, I'm not pirating the game! I'm buying a legit copy of the game and EA is profiting. They aren't wasting money on a dvd, package, etc.. I bought a key for $27.99. As buggy as the game is with my setup I'm glad I didn't pay $59.99 for it. Support for eyefinity portrait sucks currently and the game needs patching. Moreover I plan to support by getting the expansion packs later on which EA/Dice loves to milk so either way they'll be fine. I understand your point but it's a narrow minded way of thinking. Hopefully EA takes note and realizes that people are not willing to pay $59.99 for a game, even an awesome game because I'm not the only one doing this. $59.99 is simply absurd for a PC game. PC gamers are not playing on a $250 console where they can afford to flip over $60 a game 2-5x a month.

The way I look at it, people who buy cdkeys such as these are supporting better than flat out pirates downloading torrents, and also more than people who wait to pick these games up on steam for $10 or so.

How long did it take to get your key from directgamekeys.com ? If you used that site.

I used the coupon code "DTC Clan" My total came out to be $24.xx Thanks everyone.

Update: Got it in about 10 minutes.

Last edited:
These websites do not use https when you're entering your Account Details or during Checkout. I'm going to pass just because of that, otherwise I would have loved to grab BF3 for $24.69 at directgamekeys.com

Does anyone know of a CD Key website that uses encryption while you're entering your credit card?

EDIT: I can enter in bogus contact information since they're not shipping me anything. Also, I think I'll go to Safeway and load up a Visa gift card with $24.69 and buy it that way. Don't think I'm paranoid. It's safe shopping in a world of hacking and dealing with sites that profit in a grey market business.

These websites do not use https when you're entering your Account Details or during Checkout. I'm going to pass just because of that, otherwise I would have loved to grab BF3 for $24.69 at directgamekeys.com

Does anyone know of a CD Key website that uses encryption while you're entering your credit card?

EDIT: I can enter in bogus contact information since they're not shipping me anything. Also, I think I'll go to Safeway and load up a Visa gift card with $24.69 and buy it that way. Don't think I'm paranoid. It's safe shopping in a world of hacking and dealing with sites that profit in a grey market business.

That's smart. Although they are using paypal so I'm sure it's safe. I ended up paying with paypal I'm sure I'm fine. Putting credit card info would have me concerned though. I like your idea of preloading a visa gift card. That's the safest way to get it done I bet.

Alot of credit cards will let you set up an expiring or temporary CC number you guys should check into that.

You're not paranoid at all. I think that's a fantastic idea. I really don't trust these sites either.

Well it was a good idea up until I just read that Paypal does not accept Visa Gift Cards. I suppose I'm just going to cave and use my regular Paypal account. Why oh why couldn't they have more payment options?

As usual, blowing things way out of proportion. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure who your referring to exactly but speaking for myself, I don't feel even 1% guilty, I'm not pirating the game! I'm buying a legit copy of the game and EA is profiting. They aren't wasting money on a dvd, package, etc.. I bought a key for $27.99. As buggy as the game is with my setup I'm glad I didn't pay $59.99 for it. Support for eyefinity portrait sucks currently and the game needs patching. Moreover I plan to support by getting the expansion packs later on which EA/Dice loves to milk so either way they'll be fine. I understand your point but it's a narrow minded way of thinking. Hopefully EA takes note and realizes that people are not willing to pay $59.99 for a game, even an awesome game because I'm not the only one doing this. $59.99 is simply absurd for a PC game. PC gamers are not playing on a $250 console where they can afford to flip over $60 a game 2-5x a month.

The way I look at it, people who buy cdkeys such as these are supporting better than flat out pirates downloading torrents, and also more than people who wait to pick these games up on steam for $10 or so.

I would almost have more respect if you did just go and pirate the game. I don't see this as that much better. There are reasons why these games are sold for much less in Russia. Piracy is a major problem in those areas to begin with and they aren't doing as well economically. Do you really think that if you were living in the areas that these keys are meant for that you would be making enough to afford your current computer?

Try and justify it any way that you want but don't bitch when producers look the other way on pc versions. There are tons of legit sites where you can find a decent deal or you can wait.

I would almost have more respect if you did just go and pirate the game. I don't see this as that much better. There are reasons why these games are sold for much less in Russia. Piracy is a major problem in those areas to begin with and they aren't doing as well economically. Do you really think that if you were living in the areas that these keys are meant for that you would be making enough to afford your current computer?

Try and justify it any way that you want but don't bitch when producers look the other way on pc versions. There are tons of legit sites where you can find a decent deal or you can wait.

To me I'm not doing anything wrong. I don't feel not even a fraction of 1% of guilt. I guess you have your opinion and that's fine. Revenue is still going to ea/dice, and I am enjoying the game so that's all that matters to me right now.

How long did it take to get your key from directgamekeys.com ? If you used that site.

I used the coupon code "DTC Clan" My total came out to be $24.xx Thanks everyone.

Update: Got it in about 10 minutes.

Took almost the whole 12 hrs for me. I ordered at 1:30 in the morning though.

* - It should be alright to delete the russian language files right? Just not sure authentication or something might get messed up.

Last edited:
I went to buy it and when I tried to add it to my cart it said "there is not enough product in stock"
bummer,I will try again tomorrow.

Took almost the whole 12 hrs for me. I ordered at 1:30 in the morning though.

* - It should be alright to delete the russian language files right? Just not sure authentication or something might get messed up.

The instructions I read said you must leave those files there.

I wouldn't feel right about entering my CC in there either. I did paypal, so it just redirects you to a paypal page and that's it. I have no problem with that really. If you are that paranoid, just change your paypal password after.

I went to buy it and when I tried to add it to my cart it said "there is not enough product in stock"
bummer,I will try again tomorrow.

Which site? Directgamekeys.com still has it I think and is what I used. It was $24.xx with a coupon code for the standard edition (not limited edition). I used the coupon code "DTC Clan".

Ok, so now I am a bit confused. There are some BF3 LE's that have specifically stated that they DON'T include Back to Karkand. WTF? Anyone, know of a CDKEY site that has the LE WITH Back to Karkand. Links appreciated!

I also jumped ship and bought that $24.xx cdkeysdiscount one without reading the warnings about it being russian and requiring the additional files. Well i downloaded the files and currently waiting for the game to download in origin. I assume with the files and registry entry that it pretty much converts it over to complete english and makes it no different than the US release? I wonder if there will be any future problems with updates? I will go ahead and burn the english files onto a dvdr for safe keeping.

This is...... wow dude. really?
This isnt IOS or some closed off environment, where your movies bought in another country and wont work on your player. This is PC gaming, WORLDWIDE Distribution. Meaning, if I'm on vacation in Brazil and BF3 comes out, I can buy it locally, for whatever its going for there, and still play the game I bought legally work when I get back to the states.

You cant justify it? Really? What the hell do you think you are doing driving from one store to the next looking for the best price? Same thing. I'm buying from a legit retailer elsewhere with a better price. You think I'm doing something wrong importing a game from Play-Asia? Really? GTFO. If you think PC gaming should be separated by region, go play those stupid region locked consoles.

Look fool, EA distributes worldwide. Why? Cause they make money regardless of "piracy". They just adapt to the market. Imagine that.
http://www.ea.com/ru/1/shops

Stop the ignorance.....

I also jumped ship and bought that $24.xx cdkeysdiscount one without reading the warnings about it being russian and requiring the additional files. Well i downloaded the files and currently waiting for the game to download in origin. I assume with the files and registry entry that it pretty much converts it over to complete english and makes it no different than the US release? I wonder if there will be any future problems with updates? I will go ahead and burn the english files onto a dvdr for safe keeping.

Yeah I bought it on there too.

Just enter the key into Origin, the download will begin, after it installs, simply extract the contents of the English language *.rar files into their respective directories, run the registry fix, and enjoy the game!

Once you do all that, it's no different than if you had bought the "English" version.

After installing and playing the russian version, its no different, still works great

Back