Battlefield 2: Snipers

i mainly agree with all you guys, but i think the sniper rifle m24 should only get about 30% more acc. and a zoom in scope with breathing. i personally hate it when some *^&^head spawn kills for the whole game. it does not help that on alot of public servers no one ever pays attention to their commander. but what should really be fixed first is the thing were your team mate spawns looking like the oppisite team. i have done a few team kills this way.
 
What they need to do is slightly increase the accuracy on the M24, and increase the damage on the M95. Theres no reason why the M24 shouldnt kill you in 1 hit to the chest. Especially since its an unlock, and its worse then the M95 right now. I dont want either of the rifles to kill in 1 hit to limbs...but COME ON...the m95 should take you down with a well placed shot to the mid section.
 
some of you dont know what youre talking about. gravity? real time ballistics? do you know how much data would be pouring through the servers if every bullet fired went through that many calculations? the game is sloppy enough as it is lets not get crazy here.


and sn1pers are fine. just fine. at least once a night i hit up a game where there is an obvious pair of snipers working together and they can mow people down. ive been sniped multiple times in a row by these players (ON the run at times). increase the accuracy even a little and its 133+ SN1P3 C1T4Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bf2 when thats the last thing we need. sounds like you either do not know how to snipe and do not want to learn (prolly one of the worthless snipers referenced to above. hiding out killing 5 people in 30 minutes and calling it a game) or you are too used to the point and kill mechanics of other games.


either learn to use THESE snipers, with ALL their weapons and abilities, or try another class if you think they are too inacurate. dont whine that you cant one-shot snip0r the hell out of anything that moves.
 
I think everybody in bf2 is just too used to awps and scouts in CS. They're totally forgetting the reality of sniping or even hunting. I don't think the MEC or china snipers are bad either - they just serve different purposes. I found them as very effective assault weapons (at a longer range); basically I just stay slightly behind the rest of the squad while we're charging in.. and the damage and fire rate ratio is great on those; since it zooms, u can pretty much get a guaranteed headshot.
I don't expect to wait on some high ledge w/ the MEC or china snipers like I do w/ the m95 or m24. Completely different styles of sniping here (tho I wouldn't really call it sniping when i use the autosnipers).
How's the m24 better than the m95 tho? I haven't used the m24 much since i unlocked the 95, but it seems as though they were the same on everything, except the m95 can shoot through windshields.

Having said this.. my ratio is only 2:1, and most of my kills are using the unlocked special ops gun (g36c)?. I used to only snipe, but i'm impatient for unlocks and action now :D
 
with the m95, mostly wut im getting r kill damage assists. aim for the head, bullet hits him in chest, someone kill hhim, i get damage assist point. personally i like the m95's power. killed 2 drivers in the mec truck while they were moving, right through the windshield. amazing
 
The biggest thing that bothers me about this thread is the idea that people are compaining about the realism of not killing someone with one shot from a sniper rifle.

How many of these weapons in this game could cause one hit kills in real life as long as they hit a main artery or organ? Most of them.

How many cause one hit kills in the game? Very few.

Lets see a soldier in real life run across the line of fire of a machine gunner and not be torn in half.

They tried to balance the game so that snipers didn't have the ability to stop a whole platoon. It might happen in real life but that doesn' t mean its fun for a game.

Their aim was to keep the game flow on the quick side.
 
exactly. and the fact of the matter is they can STILL stop entire squads even in their current form. I just left a game about 20 minutes ago where 4 or 5 of us were trapped on our stomachs behind a 2 foot wall because there was at least 1 sniper that we couldnt see (killed 2 or 3 exposed runners in the open area towards the flag and vehicles where we all wanted to be).

you can still tell the difference between an accurate and noob sniper as well. i NEVER see missed shots giving away a good snipers position. its always *hit* *dead*. noob snipers spray their bullets anywhere wondering WTF WHERE TEH HEAD SHOT!>!>???

the "random cone" effects everyone as well. i can drop 3 bullets from the mc assault rifer in what i figured should be the head area and they dont die. OMFG BUFF!



snipers do not = head shot. gg for the win. go play counter strike.
 
I hate CS and I never play it, so much for needing to "go back to CS". The sniper rifle in it's current form is bullshit, why do the people arguing against this say OMG SNIPEFEST CS AWP OMG WTF!!!!!! please take a fucking step back and realize nobody wants that. What we simply want is a working sniper rifle sans random deviation. Now if they have to limit it to 1 per 10 players or something to that effect thats FINE. IMO the whole weapons system, deviation, and damage need to be scrapped and rewritten, not to mention the weak hit detection. I watched a guy unload his AK into me while I was laying down, then I finished reloading my SAW and blew him away, WTF is that. Man I actually felt bad for him. Also I've never said I can't hit anything or as a sniper I'm totally useless, no actually I can use it but missing because of random deviation is ridiculous and the scope zoom is about the power of binoculars from McDonalds. But all this is moot from my most recent testing, if I start up a singleplayer game I can hit so much more often with any rifle it's ridiculous, my ping is usually in the 40s on servers I play on, I guess this isn't good enough.
 
I'm reviving this thread because I am totally pissed off. I played 2 rounds at the Kurba Dam map after a month break and I simply cannot play this game anymore, it is unbearable. The guns in this game are a joke, my airsoft rifles are much better.

The G3 has a very long barrel, and fires the 7.62mm NATO round. It should easily be the best assault rifle in terms of accuracy/stopping power. Nope not in BF2, forget about hitting anything past 100 yards, and the thing practically has a 50% miss rate at 30 yards. The G36 is more accurate that it and the game shows the guy using a RIS grip(an attachment usually used for CQB) with it... now thats sad.

Whats really sad is the sniper rifles are probably less accurate than the G36. I snipe people all the time with the G36 but with an M95/M24/semi-auto forget about it. The M95 has a range of what? like a mile? I've seen videos of marines shooting 3x4 targets at 700 yards with a 80% accuracy rate, and seeing how many rounds they use and how long they are in the sun for thats impressive. Also the M95 is powerful enough to leave a whole in a person the size of a football and penetrate an engine block. The LEAST they could have done was make the bullet not deviate from the crosshair until it hits an extreme range.

It would be nice if they implemented a sniping system somewhat like CoD 2 where you have to hold your breath. I'd be playing that but CoD MP is too much like WW2 Quake for me. It'd be nice if you could disable jeeps by shooing the engine as well.

Don't even get me started on pistols... you might as well throw the bullets at your opponent.

If I see that the next version of BF2 does nothing to change the accuracy of the guns I'm quitting... such a shame to ruin a kick ass game by giving the guns the accuracy of a BB gun.
 
Bop said:
I'm reviving this thread because I am totally pissed off. I played 2 rounds at the Kurba Dam map after a month break and I simply cannot play this game anymore, it is unbearable. The guns in this game are a joke, my airsoft rifles are much better.

The G3 has a very long barrel, and fires the 7.62mm NATO round. It should easily be the best assault rifle in terms of accuracy/stopping power. Nope not in BF2, forget about hitting anything past 100 yards, and the thing practically has a 50% miss rate at 30 yards. The G36 is more accurate that it and the game shows the guy using a RIS grip(an attachment usually used for CQB) with it... now thats sad.

Whats really sad is the sniper rifles are probably less accurate than the G36. I snipe people all the time with the G36 but with an M95/M24/semi-auto forget about it. The M95 has a range of what? like a mile? I've seen videos of marines shooting 3x4 targets at 700 yards with a 80% accuracy rate, and seeing how many rounds they use and how long they are in the sun for thats impressive. Also the M95 is powerful enough to leave a whole in a person the size of a football and penetrate an engine block. The LEAST they could have done was make the bullet not deviate from the crosshair until it hits an extreme range.

It would be nice if they implemented a sniping system somewhat like CoD 2 where you have to hold your breath. I'd be playing that but CoD MP is too much like WW2 Quake for me. It'd be nice if you could disable jeeps by shooing the engine as well.

Don't even get me started on pistols... you might as well throw the bullets at your opponent.

If I see that the next version of BF2 does nothing to change the accuracy of the guns I'm quitting... such a shame to ruin a kick ass game by giving the guns the accuracy of a BB gun.

Cool. One less player to fill up a server!
 
I think they should make the snipers more accurate and limit the snipers being picked on a team to be a smaller number.
 
well..heres my rant/tips about the snipers....

im an ALMOST full time sniper......

i always try to get on the USMC because i LOVE the m24....its so much more accurate (to me) than any other sniper rifle in the game.....

the m95 is worthless unless your camping the enemys airfield and sniping people outta jets and helos....

the semi-auto MEC is DECENT...the chinese semi-auto is a little worse than it...


the secret to getting good kills is leading the target..not like..following him and moving the Xhair at his rate of speed then firing...place the crosshair a good 1-2 feet (cm on your screen) in front of him...wait till he runs into the Xhair....then kill him.

go for chest shots if your certain youll get a second shot....otherwise aim high :)

the above is pointless for the semi-auto...just follow him and shoot...1/2 a clip per kill....thats why they suck.....


obvisouly enemy snipers are the easiest people to kill...if you spot them first :)

medium range is the best range to be at....your harder to see (depending on your surroundings) and you have the accuracy advandate (beleive it or not...it depends on you not the rifle). at medium/close range...go for the head..easy kill if you can aim. and NEVER try to "no-scope" someone unless them run right over you and scare the CRAP outta you..even them..just lay there...shoot em once (with bolt-action, keep shooting with semi-auto) and then pull out the pistol to finish them


now...about the pistol...it could be useful if there was an annoyance meter in the game...like....to sese how much you can annoy the enemy b4 they run away...otherwise its useless....

now claymores...OMFG claymores
..a lifesaver and a nuisance....if im being followed by a guy..i run around a building and drop..not1..but 2 claymores at teh corner...where he cant see....then he runs around..THEY SHOULD BLOW U P RIGHT AWAY! NOT 3 GOD DAMN SECONDS AFTER HE KILLS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.< ...


the only decent thing they are good for is mining doorways...and mining ladders..thats it...they are worthless otherwise.....

thank you and have a great day........ :D

:rolleyes:


PS. sorry

for

typing like

this
 
I prefer the MEC rifle to the others. The M24 is accurate, but you immediately zoom out and have to bolt load it, which takes time. And you can lose your target. If you pause, shoot, pause, pause, shoot, pause, pause, shoot with the MEC rifle you'll kill your target (even with body armor). And be able to see your enemy throughout your engagement. I raked up almost 10 kills in a row on Karkand just the other day crouching down one of the roads. The M25 sucks, it shoots through body armor, and cockpit glass but the accuracy is a joke. I've been twenty feet away from a guy sitting in an tank's mg with my crosshair on his head (right between the eyes) only to miss. The deviation is way too high for that rifle.
 
The game has set values and modifiers for each of the guns to determine how they shoot. They're listed on the prima guide. You can google for the exact numbers.

The M24 and M95 have exactly the same numbers except in 1 respect. The M95 has a .1 difference in base deviation(base deviation is the minimum amount a bullet will stray from where the shot was placed in your firing cone.) This is why the M95 seems so much worse.

http://ubar.bf2s.com/kits.php

These are the exact numbers for all the guns. No need to guess at the values based on "feel".

It comes from the Prima Guide.

Hitcode is weird, online it'll take a bit of time for shots to register on the server's end, during which time the target may have moved, so you need to shoot at where the enemy will be when the server responds to your shot, not where the enemy is at the moment. Server response time varies a bit so you'll just have to gauge it as best you can each time. The bullets won't fall down though. Basically just think of it as bullets that go straight but take a while to get there. There isn't client-side hit prediction like in Source(It's probably a patented process or something). When you fire long-distance in a singleplayer game, the bullet hits immediately. Online it takes time to register.

This is part of why many attest to greater success when taking a long time before making a shot, because that's the best way to gauge where the enemy will be when the bullet finally arrives. Especially if the enemy decide to stop.

As for the purpose of snipers in this game...They kill stuff and spot out enemies. They can make it hard to pass a certain spot. Snipers need to choose positioning carefully so it can be awkward keeping up with a squad. Snipers can be useful if they're focused on killing with a purpose rather than just killing. A kill is just 1 ticket, that's just a few seconds as the ticker goes down. You need lots of tickets for your kill score to really tip the balance. It's the flags that really matter. The snipers that help the most are the ones who kill targets who're about to capture a flag, or they keep enemies from capturing a flag. Those enemies are important to kill since what they were stopped from doing could have significantly affected the tide of battle. Snipers that just camp out in pointless places looking to just rack up high kill ratios don't help as much to tip ticket ratios unless they kill upwards of 30 each round without dying too often and I mean kills, not points.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen plenty of snipers who do manage to get 30+, but I've seen just as many folk who pull the same thing off while also serving other purposes for the team. It's the snipers who're killing significant targets that help, not the score mongers.

Also, snipers aren't half-bad as squad leaders. Since they need to position themselves away for a better angle, they're also safer since they're farther from immediate dangers. This means they can spot out enemies from afar, and direct their squad. If the squad dies, they can safely respawn on the sniper-squadleader who's far enough from danger to be safe, but close enough that the squad can jump right back in immediately:)
 
slowbiz said:
The reason being, is because sniping can be pretty blooding cheap. I have no fun playing a game where I constantly die instantly from invisible enemies.
Never thought of it that way...

I still think a little more accuracy would be nice... As far as it being cheap, yeah I guess it can be... I think muzzle flash and possibly giving snipers a higher respawn timer.

There has to be something that can increase the predicability of the sniper... Maybe add a factor of wind resistance that has to be countered using tracer rounds?

Who knows.
 
Bop said:
The G3 has a very long barrel, and fires the 7.62mm NATO round. It should easily be the best assault rifle in terms of accuracy/stopping power. Nope not in BF2, forget about hitting anything past 100 yards, and the thing practically has a 50% miss rate at 30 yards. The G36 is more accurate that it and the game shows the guy using a RIS grip(an attachment usually used for CQB) with it... now thats sad.

Whats really sad is the sniper rifles are probably less accurate than the G36. I snipe people all the time with the G36 but with an M95/M24/semi-auto forget about it. The M95 has a range of what? like a mile? I've seen videos of marines shooting 3x4 targets at 700 yards with a 80% accuracy rate, and seeing how many rounds they use and how long they are in the sun for thats impressive. Also the M95 is powerful enough to leave a whole in a person the size of a football and penetrate an engine block. The LEAST they could have done was make the bullet not deviate from the crosshair until it hits an extreme range.

As someone said months ago, its not about realism. If all the weapons in the game performed as they did in real life there would be horrible balances issues (the SAW for instance). If it were about realism would you be able to run over a health pack and cure multiple bullet wounds? Would anyone still be running after taking a bullet anywhere from a sniper rifle? Would a blackhawk still be airborne after being hit WITH A TANK SHELL? Cmon people.

The kits and vehicles in the game are desinged to make the game playable and fun. If you disagree with how the game is balanced, so be it. But to complain about the fact that the weopons dont perform exactly as they do in real life is ridiculous.
 
WhyYouLoveMe said:
Meh... I like where the sniper class is at. I understand some of your suggestions, however. The problem is that Dice decided to go away from what went wrong in BF1942. I think they succeeded for the most part.


I never got that into BF42 that much. maybe the maps were too large for the numbers of vehicles or there were even more vehicle whores. But yeah, I'd be walking across the map sometimes for way too long, and then BOOM dead. Yeah yeah snipers, tell me I suck. Oh well, they could use some beefing up. I agree. But God that was frustrating. I play a lot on the 32 player maps just to be walking less, regardless of snipers, so it's just my style regardless of being dropped dead by invisible enemies.
 
All Killer No Filler said:
As someone said months ago, its not about realism. If all the weapons in the game performed as they did in real life there would be horrible balances issues (the SAW for instance). If it were about realism would you be able to run over a health pack and cure multiple bullet wounds? Would anyone still be running after taking a bullet anywhere from a sniper rifle? Would a blackhawk still be airborne after being hit WITH A TANK SHELL? Cmon people.

The kits and vehicles in the game are desinged to make the game playable and fun. If you disagree with how the game is balanced, so be it. But to complain about the fact that the weopons dont perform exactly as they do in real life is ridiculous.
Excellent point, and 100% correct.

Remember, this is a game, not a war simulator. Sure it's *based* on real life stuff, but in the end "game play" rules all. If the game is "ruined" by balance issues you'll have a lot less people buying/playing the game.

When people start quoting stats of real weapons and compares them to in-game weapons, they have forgotten this MAJOR point.
 
slowbiz said:
The reason being, is because sniping can be pretty blooding cheap. I have no fun playing a game where I constantly die instantly from invisible enemies.
Yes, ya gotta hate it...glad snipers aren't killing me every second...dieing and seeing your enemy the majority of time pwns...dying and not seeing anyone is wack.
 
snipers are at a BIG disadvantage with the poor accuracy of the weapons. Snipers do one shot kills....NOT 3 shot kills....what was that...oh he shot me from the left....over there....LETS GO GET HIM
WTF is that ???

Play balance....??????????????????????????????

just like the airplanes in this screwed up mess.


"I have no fun playing a game where I constantly die instantly from invisible enemies"

I have no fun dying from invincible planes or enemys that can jump 6 feet high and one shot shoot me thru the head either.



sparks
 
Sniping is a joke in that game, like pretty much every other infantry role. Battlefield 2: Teamkill for your right to infantry whore in a vehicle! Wow, awesome. I already played that when it was called Planetside. I want my $50 back.
 
sparks said:
and one shot shoot me thru the head either.
sparks
One shot shoot through the head = good...

I like a game where when I get shot in the head I die... unless I'm a zombie IRL...

anyways, there are imbalances in the snipers we all agree... except for that one guy that thinks sniping someone "one-shot-one-kill" should be a statistical improbability
 
I honestly don't know wtf all the whining about the sniper rifle is, be it M24 or M95. If you know how to use either rifle they are deadly, period.

There are other factors, bullet drop, staying still, lying prone and aiming (DUH) that some people just havent figuired out or mastered. It's not the gun, it's the sniper. Now go spend another 100 hours and you'll see what I mean. No, don't blame it on the grid either.

Now I'm trying hard NOT to stay "Ju SUxorz!!", but the "It's the gun, not me" attitude is a bit lame.

PS: Most of things I learned about sniping are from my BF2 addict buddy who's in the top 2000 snipers. With his technique it's one shot, one kill, 95% of the time. It IS possible!
 
A tip for the snipers... once you fire your rifle immediately switch to your pistol and fire. The accuracy of the pistol is generally good enough to finish off your target.
 
sparks said:
snipers are at a BIG disadvantage with the poor accuracy of the weapons. Snipers do one shot kills....NOT 3 shot kills....what was that...oh he shot me from the left....over there....LETS GO GET HIM
WTF is that ???

Play balance....??????????????????????????????

Yes, thats exactly what it is, Balance. I like the fact that getting hit with a sniper rifle is not always a one shot kill. It gives you the chance to hide, fire back, or a call out the snipers position. This, in effect, puts the sniper class in check, keeping it from being to overpowered. And as another poster pointed out, good snipers score one shot kills consistently by waiting for the right shot and not blasting at everything they can get their crosshairs near. Hell, if anyone should be bitching its the anti-tank guys, its a fuckin workout and a half to destroy a tank with "anti-tank" rockets.
 
All Killer No Filler said:
Hell, if anyone should be bitching its the anti-tank guys, its a fuckin workout and a half to destroy a tank with "anti-tank" rockets.

Pro-Tip: it's a two shot kill if you hit the tank treads in the front or back with the AT rockets. ;)
 
Jeriko_Cherry said:
Pro-Tip: it's a two shot kill if you hit the tank treads in the front or back with the AT rockets. ;)

Very true, too many don't take advantage of this.

Also, those rockets are excellent for firing at infantry from long range. They move fairly fast and usually have enough splash damage to kill them if they're proned and trying to get up and run away.
 
My best shot to date with a sniper rifle was a few days ago, on Wake Island, with the M95. Saw a Cobra gunship strafe the runway and turn right, probably heading back to the carrier. I was already prone, and I figured, "what the hell?" and as the chopper was crossing from left to right (about 75 yards out), I shot through some low foliage--I couldn't even see the chopper--I just guesstimated when the chopper would be in my crosshairs, and fired...and saw that I had registered a kill. I must have nailed the gunner, since the chopper kept going, but I probably laughed for 30 seconds straight; I just couldn't believe I made that shot. Moments like that are what keeps me playing BF2
 
They ought to just remove the sniper class altogether, but then I would miss out on all the knife kills I get from stabbing you guys in the back.

Bunch of pussies.
 
slowbiz said:
The reason being, is because sniping can be pretty blooding cheap. I have no fun playing a game where I constantly die instantly from invisible enemies.

yea war sucks
 
4b5eN+EE said:
the secret to getting good kills is leading the target..not like..following him and moving the Xhair at his rate of speed then firing...place the crosshair a good 1-2 feet (cm on your screen) in front of him...wait till he runs into the Xhair....then kill him.

Kinda cheap aint it :eek:

now claymores...OMFG claymores
..a lifesaver and a nuisance....if im being followed by a guy..i run around a building and drop..not1..but 2 claymores at teh corner...where he cant see....then he runs around..THEY SHOULD BLOW U P RIGHT AWAY! NOT 3 GOD DAMN SECONDS AFTER HE KILLS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.< ...

In the movies, the hero runs through a minefield at full speed and they explode 5 feet behind him. Apparently that's what the game's based on :D

All Killer No Filler said:
As someone said months ago, its not about realism. If all the weapons in the game performed as they did in real life there would be horrible balances issues (the SAW for instance). If it were about realism would you be able to run over a health pack and cure multiple bullet wounds? Would anyone still be running after taking a bullet anywhere from a sniper rifle? Would a blackhawk still be airborne after being hit WITH A TANK SHELL? Cmon people.

Maybe not, but the main issue seems to be that the damage/difficulty ratio between the guns should be the same as they are in real life. Ex: One gun in real life is 2-2.5x more powerful and .5% less accurate than another. Ingame we should atleast expect the same ratio. While they may not be as poweful, but they should atleast be appropriately more powerful than the next gun.

In real life, one sniper rifle is 10x more powerful and accurate than an assault rifle and can shoot through an engine block. If ingame it's represented as only 1.5x more powerful or just barely equal, that's what they'll be complaining about.

Stormlifter said:
One shot shoot through the head = good...

I like a game where when I get shot in the head I die... unless I'm a zombie IRL...

anyways, there are imbalances in the snipers we all agree... except for that one guy that thinks sniping someone "one-shot-one-kill" should be a statistical improbability

I think he was referring to the guy that can do headshots while in midair. Although i've only seen that happen in CS.

All Killer No Filler said:
Yes, thats exactly what it is, Balance. I like the fact that getting hit with a sniper rifle is not always a one shot kill. It gives you the chance to hide, fire back, or a call out the snipers position. This, in effect, puts the sniper class in check, keeping it from being to overpowered. And as another poster pointed out, good snipers score one shot kills consistently by waiting for the right shot and not blasting at everything they can get their crosshairs near. Hell, if anyone should be bitching its the anti-tank guys, its a fuckin workout and a half to destroy a tank with "anti-tank" rockets.

You may not be dead, but armor or no armor, you'll still go down. If the first shot didn't kill you, you'll be too incapacitated to fire back or move and the sniper can take his second shot at his leisure. That's one advantage snipers had IRL, if they didn't take you down after the first hit, you're guaranteed to be dead with the second. If they're not gonna implement the one shot one kill thing on the account of realism, they could atleast put in the incapacitated factor too.
 
There is ZERO bullet drop and there is ZERO leading required, there is a video out there already that proves this.

Sometimes it may look like you need to lead because the bullet deviated behind the crosshair. Set yourself up a few hundred yards away from a stop sign and start pecking at it and you'll see what I mean. I'm not asking for this game to be hyper realistic, the only games that I'd expect for that are AA and Red Orchestra. All I want is for the guns to be somewhat accurate and *reliable*. They can keep the damage the same, an accuracy increase is what is needed. Like I mentioned before CoD 2 is like WWII Quake and they do things to balance this, they have a scope sway along with a hold breath button, and it works great.
 
i agree with the sniper issue, but i also would like to see the commander's chair be fixed. I think if you opt to be commander you should not respawn a quickly as the rest of the teams do. it should take you double the time to respawn. i hate being artilleried every 20 seconds it becomes really annoying. there should be some disadvantages while being commander. the only other disadvantage while being comander is not getting any kills like the rest of the team. but the time should be increased to double respawn and art should take a lil longer to generate.
 
Bop said:
I've been playing BF2 since the demo came out and one thing that irritates me is that the sniper is just too underpowered. Most reviews you see also agree with my opinion when they do mention the sniper class.

sniper always has been underpowered, go back and play a game of BF1942. It would take 2 shots to kill a guy almost 100% of the time. Unless you got a perfect between the eyes shot which was hard to do because the gun wasnt all that accurate.

I figure its like this for a reason because if it were that powerful every game of BF would be enemy at the gates.

Imagine a AWP type weapon in BF... :rolleyes:
 
Jeriko_Cherry said:
Pro-Tip: it's a two shot kill if you hit the tank treads in the front or back with the AT rockets. ;)
This is also an effective spot to shoot with the tank's main gun and the LAV's rockets. If you pull up to another tank, take the second or two to aim for this spot, if he's alread damaged you are much more likely to get a one-shot kill.
 
Bop said:
There is ZERO bullet drop and there is ZERO leading required, there is a video out there already that proves this.

I need a link to see this and the environment the video was portrayed in. There's zero leading required in single player where there's no latency time to worry about, I know that much.

However online, once I fire enough shots to find out exactly how much I need to lead him, I do 3-4 consecutive single-fire shots at that leading distance and hit even though I'm not trying to shoot directly on top of him. This is at a long distance. A specific example is when I'm shoooting enemies in the MEC airfield from the radar scan station using an L85A1. The odds of 3-4 shots deviating from a leading shot(slow proned single-fire too) and still hitting him is low. The odds of it just being deviation luck gets even lower when I do it over and over successfully.
 
Bop said:
There is ZERO bullet drop and there is ZERO leading required, there is a video out there already that proves this.

Sometimes it may look like you need to lead because the bullet deviated behind the crosshair. Set yourself up a few hundred yards away from a stop sign and start pecking at it and you'll see what I mean. I'm not asking for this game to be hyper realistic, the only games that I'd expect for that are AA and Red Orchestra. All I want is for the guns to be somewhat accurate and *reliable*. They can keep the damage the same, an accuracy increase is what is needed. Like I mentioned before CoD 2 is like WWII Quake and they do things to balance this, they have a scope sway along with a hold breath button, and it works great.

Trust me there is bullet drop, I see it every night I play. It is slight, but the difference it makes, once youre aware of it is huge.

You're also assuming that shooting stop signs in BF2 is identical to life: THe bullet hole on the stop sign is exaclty where the bullet hit. Are you certain that DICE programmers used this same assumption? Or are the bullet holes placed in the general area, using rounded integer coordinates to save overhead?
 
UBAR

The M95 is not the most accurate sniper rifle, nor is it the most damaging. It does have the ability to shoot through cockpit glass, and that may be the reason that some damage numbers for the weapon show higher than the M24, but in actual practice it does the same damage to a player as the M24, requiring two hits to the torso to kill (or one head shot)

Accuracy-wise, it is functionally the same as the SVD/Type 88, though the “bullet drop” factor at longer ranges may give the M95 an edge at longer ranges. While bullet drop has been confirmed, no data on how this is applied is available.

The M95 is a solid choice for MEC/PLA snipers as an unlock, as it gives them more damage per shot than the standard sniper rifles, and can be a good choice for the USMC player as well, if the need for shooting aircraft crew is important. It should be noted, however, that hitting a moving helicopter or jet crewman with an M95 is extremely rare.

It does have a drawback at long ranges, the width of the sighting bars in the scope make it more difficult to line up head shots than any of the other sniper rifles.
 
Back
Top