Battlefield 2: Snipers

UnlimitedMP said:
The m95's glass penetration ability shouldnt be even mentioned as one of its abilities. It's a factor that many use to pick that unlock. Yet, practically the only time you'll do that is at the enemy spawn, picking off the people getting into the jet/helo. Misleading.

Hey, I read at ubar that the sniper rifle accuracy does not matter if standing prone or crouching. True?


I dunno man.. to read that it shoots through bulletproof glass and expect to be able to shoot pilots out of moving jets and helicopters is a bit much. Maybe you picked to unlock it for that reason.. but I think most people aren't going to be mislead into thinking that.

as for rifle accuracy not mattering.. it seems to be accurate while standing, crouching, or prone.. but it's surely way off when running or walking. I think the accuracy might decrease when simply standing, but it's a reflex for me to crouch when shooting guns anyway (from cs)
 
All Killer No Filler said:
That is not a balance issue, that is a technique you use to deal with snipers. The "balance" issue you are refering to, medics being able to heal themselves, is countered by the fact they have no armor.

And if you are going to start throwing insults, please try to be a little more creative.

If you want to call a medic being a more effective sniper then a sniper a "technique" and not a balance issue then I stand by my original statement.

-dave
 
DavePars7 said:
If you want to call a medic being a more effective sniper then a sniper a "technique" and not a balance issue then I stand by my original statement.

-dave

No I dont consider that a balance issue. You should be able to kill them faster if they are within range of your rifle. A sniper should try to stay out of rifle range if they are to be effective. Otherwise, a snipers time between shots gives a decent rifleman ample time to gun them down (if they can find the sniper).
 
Ok, this is my last post on the subject because I can see this is going nowhere fast with you. The point of my post was sniper rifles need to hit where they aim at long range in BF2, as it stands they dont do that. What that means is the sniper in this game cant do his job and keep the enemy out of range because his "effective" range is the same as everyone elses. Not only that but the fire rate and accuracy of what are supposed to be close quarter guns are better at these ranges then the sniper, coupled with the perks of the other classes this leads to "imbalance" and a lack of any real snipers on servers that want to do more then sit and camp a flag. I thought I made this clear enough, but I guess not. If you think the sniper class is fine I cant tell you differnt, have a nice life.

-dave
 
DavePars7 said:
The point of my post was sniper rifles need to hit where they aim at long range in BF2, as it stands they dont do that.

And neither does any other weapon in the game. Every weapon is subject to the "accuracy cone" for lack of the actual term. And your argument that a snipers '"effective" range is the same as everyone elses" just doesnt make sense to me. An engineer with a shotgun cannot hit what a sniper with their sniper rifle can hit.

I can understand your grievance with the fact that every shot doesnt hit its mark. But, that is the way the game was designed (and that accuracy convention transcends every class).

Please remember that I am entitled to my opinion regardless of what your opinion is. Please dont toss insults at me when all I am trying to do is continue an intelligent debate.

Peace
 
Yeah, well maybe that engie should just break out his pistol and pOWNzor that 50 cal rifle at 100 yards, then go blow up a tank or two.
 
i snipe better with the medic gun then i do with the 50cal. snipers need work.
 
all you snipers choose 50 cal for unlock?

worth it?


ps what happened to the fix so you could try
the unlocks in single player..did they patch
that out?


sparks
 
Filter said:
i snipe better with the medic gun then i do with the 50cal. snipers need work.

Yeah, the Spec Ops unlock is highly accurate when you stagger your shots. I'm constantly making long shots with it.
 
:D I've sniped with the spec op unlock. :D

Seriosuly, it only takes a steady hand. Hell, I've even sniped with a pistol(cept the zoom isnt any good, lol).
 
The medic gun is a total waste of unlocks. The 50 cal is a perfect gun if you know how to aim, and use it at medium to long range.
 
According to BF2S.com the M95 has the exact same accuracy as the Drugunov and Type 88, the damage the M95 does the same exact damage as the M24.

With the M24 being more accurate there is no reason to pick the M95 over it unless you want to rape someone's chopper/jet spawn.(or get the once in awhile hilarious pilot kill in the field, and watch a chopper spin round and round with the gunner firing randomly until the chopper smacks into a wall :) )

The data from BF2S.com also shows that the G3 is the least accurate assault rifle. Ok so everyone else gets a super cheap grenade launcher with a more accurate gun and the unlock is a less accurate gun without a grenade launcher? Good jobbie DICE...
 
Personally I don't believe a damn things these guys post.
Most of their so called intel is from non intel people.
ie IDIOTS of EA ..... hey they should start a clan IOE

anyone that would give a chopper the ability to take 3 stingers
point blank and just do a little smoke is sure smoking something.


sparks
 
sparks said:
Personally I don't believe a damn things these guys post.
Most of their so called intel is from non intel people.
ie IDIOTS of EA ..... hey they should start a clan IOE

anyone that would give a chopper the ability to take 3 stingers
point blank and just do a little smoke is sure smoking something.


sparks

That's strange, choppers should be busted after 2 stingers...
 
I was on wake south base a helo came and hovered over flag...the rockets are on the cliff not 30 yds away. I fired 2 and the guy on the gun dropped down to get flag...waited for reload and fired 1 more and gunner got me. long story short 3 rockets hit and one passenger finally died.
out of a full chopper.
real 1 rocket, all dead or dying...they die when chopper hits ground 5 seconds later.
this game 3 rockets and one guy dies then me...SCREWED UP...you bet

coded by teens for teens.

sparks
 
sparks said:
I was on wake south base a helo came and hovered over flag...the rockets are on the cliff not 30 yds away. I fired 2 and the guy on the gun dropped down to get flag...waited for reload and fired 1 more and gunner got me. long story short 3 rockets hit and one passenger finally died.
out of a full chopper.
real 1 rocket, all dead or dying...they die when chopper hits ground 5 seconds later.
this game 3 rockets and one guy dies then me...SCREWED UP...you bet

coded by teens for teens.

sparks

Did you notice the supply crate in the vicinity of the chopper while you were firing? Supply crates repair stuff. Seriously.
 
Well with that logic then a mec can eq a med pack and NEVER DIE.

can he ?


sparks
 
sparks said:
Well with that logic then a mec can eq a med pack and NEVER DIE.

can he ?


sparks

Wrong. Throw a grenade on that medic. Dead.

Welcome to BF2. Enjoy!
 
Back
Top