Battlefield 2 problem.. Textures? Please help

Brucee

Gawd
Whe I play the game the textures only of planes and helicopters have problems ? like they show balck marks on some parts of them. The landscapes and everything else is perfect. is this sime kind of a bug?

also the same thing happend to me in battlefield vietnam.. same problem with helis and planes.... I use an ati x850 xt pe....

Sounds almost like artifacts. Sometimes if I clock too high, I won't get the "flickering artifacts" but rather large black or green marks on textures. If it isnt overclocked, make sure its stock and make sure it isnt overheating. Also, try underclocking it as a test.

it has never been overclocked I currenty have catalyst 5.5 and a tried 5.6 and there is no difference ...card idals at 49c and 68-70c full load .yea it's flickering artifacts for the vehacles. I tried other games and this does not happen only to the battlefield games?

This is a bf2 demo. but vietnam is full version and does that... don't know if i should open full version of bf2 couse of this?

yep.. I get black dots all through the sky if I have everything cranked... I back down on a few settings to medium and I don't see them anymore. I also think enabling AA causes artifacts for me too. weird

skinlab said:
ATI = teh texture problem

wait for a patch or new drivers

9600xt in one computer with no problems at all. X800XT in other computer and no problems. On my X800XT computer all setting are high and AA is 4, res is 1024x768. So your fan-boy answer is "teh wrong" :rolleyes:

As said before, try to underclock your card and see if that helps. How long have you had the card? Have you pulled the card out and cleaned it recently? If not I would try that as one of my computers(gforce4 ti4600) used to get mad artifacts when the fan got to dusty.

JEEVES

I had the "black dots" all over my screen on my x800xl AIW. It's not overclocked either. but I backed down from high on a few settings and now it's ok. Just fyi. I am using the latest catalyst drivers too.

JEEVES/whohasmyname? said:
9600xt in one computer with no problems at all. X800XT in other computer and no problems. On my X800XT computer all setting are high and AA is 4, res is 1024x768. So your fan-boy answer is "teh wrong" :rolleyes:

As said before, try to underclock your card and see if that helps. How long have you had the card? Have you pulled the card out and cleaned it recently? If not I would try that as one of my computers(gforce4 ti4600) used to get mad artifacts when the fan got to dusty.

JEEVES

this is a brand new 2 and half week card. I tired to underclock it no difference... is there some kind of patch for this game? this also happens when i zoom close to opjects with sniper rifle....

I onderclocked it 20 less now and still IT has the problem ...this is bullshit...... :mad:

do you think it needs a rma? :confused:

What settings are you using in BF2? do you have AA enabled? what's your dynamic lighting, texture, etc settings? As I posted twice before... I had artifacts that looked like black dots all over the place... but now I don't. Just FYI. let us know what your settings are in BF2.

:confused:
magnetik said:
What settings are you using in BF2? do you have AA enabled? what's your dynamic lighting, texture, etc settings? As I posted twice before... I had artifacts that looked like black dots all over the place... but now I don't. Just FYI. let us know what your settings are in BF2.

1600X 1200 High quality everything accept the dina one which is always on medium... All anti analizing is turned off.... they or no dots lmore like flashing patterns on all vehacles especially if you zoom the sniper rifle.... at happens to the tanks also...
my desktop is set at
1280X1024 85 mhz- crt monitor

Is this anything like the problem with Ati cards in BF:Vietnam where you got blotches of solid color on bridges and vehicles?
If so, I would be tempted to say that it's a software problem.

Back