Battleborn PC System Specs & Game Features

HardOCP News

[H] News
The minimum and recommended PC specs for Battleborn have been posted today on the game's official blog. There is a bunch of info on the what you can expect when the game launches, including the specs below and a word about 4K and off-sized displays:

4K and Different Displays: There will not be support for either 4K or off-sized displays at launch, though we’re actively investigating both.

Minimum System Requirements:

• CPU: Intel i5-750 / AMD Phenom IIx4 945
    • RAM: 6 GB
    • Hard Drive: 30 GB free
    • Video Memory: 1 GB
    • Minimum Required Video Card: AMD HD 6870/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better, PhysX support
    • Sound: DirectX 11
    • Input: Keyboard or dual-analog gamepad
Recommended System Requirements:

• CPU: Intel i5-750 / AMD Phenom IIx4 945
    • RAM: 6 GB
    • Hard Drive: 50 GB free
    • Video Memory: 2 GB
    • Recommended Video Card: AMD HD 7850/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or better, PhysX support
    • Sound: DirectX 11
    • Input: Keyboard or dual-analog gamepad

This makes no sense to me.

Why would they not have 4k support in there from the get go?

As long as the aspect ratio is the same, and they don't need to redo the screen layout, does it actually take the game dev any extra work at all to enable more resolutions?

As long as the aspect ratio is the same, and they don't need to redo the screen layout, does it actually take the game dev any extra work at all to enable more resolutions?

Textures and artwork are likely the issues. But this is Yet Another MOBA, so really not my cup of tea.

Shooting for bottom alright. But a 30GB install and no 4K/different screen sizes is pretty embarrassing specs IMHO...

Textures and artwork are likely the issues. But this is Yet Another MOBA, so really not my cup of tea.

Mine either. I've never played any MOBA. I'm just surprised that bumping the resolution up to 4k would be an issue. Even the hacked "modern graphics" executable I have for the original 2001 Deus Ex game allows me to play it on every resolution my computer supports, and they sure as hell didn't redo any textures or anything like that.

I like how an i5-750 is still a reasonable processor to run a new game with

7 year old processor. A 7 year gap from the original 60MHz Pentium to the Pentium 3 / Athlon / Pentium 4 age vs the i7-920 to the current i7-6700......sorry just a tangent.

I like how an i5-750 is still a reasonable processor to run a new game with

7 year old processor. A 7 year gap from the original 60MHz Pentium to the Pentium 3 / Athlon / Pentium 4 age vs the i7-920 to the current i7-6700......sorry just a tangent.

Yeah I feel lucky to have grown up in the golden age of CPU development. Sucks for the new generation coming up now. These guys have to be happy with 5% faster chips.

Yeah I feel lucky to have grown up in the golden age of CPU development. Sucks for the new generation coming up now. These guys have to be happy with 5% faster chips.

Doesn't really suck that much from an economical perspective. They buy a platform and it's good for many many years with just a GPU upgrade to remain current.

I used to build a new system and have a GPU upgrade tossed in there mid cycle before going all new again. My 3770k is already 4 years old now. Started with a single 680, upgraded to SLI, then upgraded again to my current 980Ti. I will certainly have atleast one more GPU upgrade if not 2 or or perhaps even 3 before the CPU actually "needs" upgrading. It may not be very [H] of me, but it's easier on the wallet.

Doesn't really suck that much from an economical perspective. They buy a platform and it's good for many many years with just a GPU upgrade to remain current.

I used to build a new system and have a GPU upgrade tossed in there mid cycle before going all new again. My 3770k is already 4 years old now. Started with a single 680, upgraded to SLI, then upgraded again to my current 980Ti. I will certainly have atleast one more GPU upgrade if not 2 or or perhaps even 3 before the CPU actually "needs" upgrading. It may not be very [H] of me, but it's easier on the wallet.

My last CPU upgrade was from Yorkfield to Haswell. Definitely easier on the wallet but that's a side effect of stagnation in both hardware and software. Not really a positive situation.

Crap... my i7 930 is that old already?

I just went from an i7-930 setup to a i7-6700K and yes your CPU has aged and its time for an upgrade. My performance went skyrocketing through the roof compared to the 930. Its now time for that upgrade. I recommend the 6700k even if its a bit more pricey.

I just went from an i7-930 setup to a i7-6700K and yes your CPU has aged and its time for an upgrade. My performance went skyrocketing through the roof compared to the 930. Its now time for that upgrade. I recommend the 6700k even if its a bit more pricey.

I noticed some difference even going from 3770k at 4.5ghz to 6700k at 4.8ghz. I mean, getting fps boost from 42 to 54 in The Witcher 3 by just swapping CPU's is not bad at all.

Yup - been planning on a new build for a year or so now. sheesh - time flies. I'm waiting a bit longer for the next gen GPUs... though i'm not sure if i'd wait long enough for ZEN and other comparable CPU's since they might not be out until next year :p

Back