Batman: Arkham Knight

Yeah I was going by the Steam page - it's not definite and yes it was there before launch.

Still, I would be shocked if they get this shit together "later this month" or "in a few weeks" after the Batgirl DLC (although a "few" could mean anything now couldn't it). I also doubt it'll be free/discounted for PC users as they really got a taste for the DLC game with Shadow of Mordor.

Do you have a source on that? Everything I can find still says the Windows version will relaunch alongside the Linux and MacOS versions in September.

That's horse shit if true. I understand the game has issues, but it doesn't seem like its problems should take that long to fix. Whether it will take that or not, WB should be smacked for releasing something so bad to start with. Having that many problems is utterly ridiculous. It seems clear that the company that handled the PC port had little to no oversight or quality control. While I firmly believe that Rocksteady / WB Games should ultimately be held responsible, this will also hurt the company that handled the port. I doubt anyone would let them work on any future PC ports in the future.

That's horse shit if true. I understand the game has issues, but it doesn't seem like its problems should take that long to fix. Whether it will take that or not, WB should be smacked for releasing something so bad to start with. Having that many problems is utterly ridiculous. It seems clear that the company that handled the PC port had little to no oversight or quality control. While I firmly believe that Rocksteady / WB Games should ultimately be held responsible, this will also hurt the company that handled the port. I doubt anyone would let them work on any future PC ports in the future.

They're doing the PC version of Killer Instinct actually.

KI on PC should be a non-issue. They took the franchise over and were wholly responsible for Season 2.

That scares the shit out of me. :eek:

It should be better. It's not out until next year at some point so they have a lot longer than two-three months to do it. I also doubt this port received all of their attention since they're still working on KI season 2 so their main team would've been focused on that. Sad to say but I also think MS cares more about the quality of their game releases at this point than WB does.

Finished the Arkham Knight. Was best Batman game, movie, comic, whatever ever. Loved every minute of it and the ending just blew me away. 9.8/10.

Finished the Arkham Knight. Was best Batman game, movie, comic, whatever ever. Loved every minute of it and the ending just blew me away. 9.8/10.

Best game? For the story alone, sure. Compared to the movie? I dunno I really really like Begins and Dark Knight. Compared to comics? Oh hell no. Killing Joke, Dark Knight Returns, Year One, Long Halloween, Catalsym, Arkham Asylum a Serious House on Serious Earth, and several others have it beat when it comes to story.

Batman fan aye Derangel? :p

You could say that. I've been reading Batman comics for over 20 years. I watched almost every episode of TAS as it was airing. My mother used to watch a lot of old 60s shows so I caught quite a few episodes of the Adam West series and I've seen all the movies from Returns onward in theaters.

Fair enough. I have no reason to claim if it was best batman comic or tv series. However, compared to the movies, this game was absolutely dope. I frickin' loved it.

Fair enough. I have no reason to claim if it was best batman comic or tv series. However, compared to the movies, this game was absolutely dope. I frickin' loved it.

Out of the movies I think that Batman Begins and the Dark Knight were great. The last one wasn't as good. I also didn't care for Batman's throat cancer voice. That takes away from all of them.

For me the Arkham games, Batman the Animated Series and the Comics have almost always had better stories than any of the live action films.

Out of the movies I think that Batman Begins and the Dark Knight were great. The last one wasn't as good. I also didn't care for Batman's throat cancer voice. That takes away from all of them.

For me the Arkham games, Batman the Animated Series and the Comics have almost always had better stories than any of the live action films.

Agreed for the most part. I'm so thankful they had the best possible voice actors in the games. Mark Hamill will always be the Joker to me, and I'm glad he found such success with it.

I liked B:AA the most I think for overall gameplay still, but the ending was... a letdown.

I much preferred the ending in B:AK, but the gameplay wasn't really doing it for me.

I think a lot of the open space was wasted on just a few repetitive things, or maybe I just prefer the cramped close quarters of B:AA more. Good God you'd think Lucius would get some all season tires on that Batmobile that could actually grip the road. :p I know its rainy but.. sheesh.

The whole thing with Batman's mental descent into madness was just great though to me. And playing the last bit as the Joker was perfect. It really hit me hard when Batman locked Joker into that mental cell and as it was carting him off Joker said "I need you". I almost, for a split second felt bad for him.

Last edited:
Iron Galaxy has actually made some excellent ports in the past, including some wonderful versions of Street Fighter 3. I fully blame Rocksteady for this. I think IG probably did what they were told.

Iron Galaxy has actually made some excellent ports in the past, including some wonderful versions of Street Fighter 3. I fully blame Rocksteady for this. I think IG probably did what they were told.

Probably fair to not blame it all on IG and ultimately the buck stops with WB Games so they have something on this, too.

update from WB on the status of the PC version of Arkham Knight...

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...C-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/605229#U605229

sounds like it's going to be a long wait...

"Again, we would like to apologize to you, the fans, and let you know that we are taking full responsibility for releasing a product that did not meet our quality standards, which is why we suspended sales of the game as soon as we understood the issues. The Batman: Arkham Knight fans are extremely important to us and our highest priority is ensuring PC users get the full, high quality experience of Batman: Arkham Knight they deserve.

We apologize for the delay and only want to make sure that any content that we offer is up to the standards that PC players expect."

Yeah, they are taking full responsibility for a game that (thankfully) was within the refund period for Steam. This game should have been AAA+++ polished. What a debacle.

they can go to hell for all i care i will buy this game once it hits 10$ or something...

People are pissed that they're not delivering the DLC to the PC on time. I wonder how much the same people would bitch if released the DLC before a patch?

I didn't see any new information in that...

Surely if you can provide the release date for a game, you could at least provide the order of magnitude it will take for the patch!? Just tell us if it's weeks, months, quarters..

This seems very unusual.

I didn't see any new information in that...

Surely if you can provide the release date for a game, you could at least provide the order of magnitude it will take for the patch!? Just tell us if it's weeks, months, quarters..

This seems very unusual.

Big companies are weird that way. For some reason they don't understand how vital it is to actually communicate with your fanbase and keep them a little more informed. We'll see what they have to say next week I suppose.

I´m a few hours in and must say its the best Batman game I´ve tried (havent tried Origin yet, so I cannot compare it to that). Sexiest Poison Ivy ever too ... :p Haven´t encountered any major problem yet, though I do enconter some judder sometimes when driving. Everything maxed out on a 980, with all the gameworks features off, I get an even 60fps with vsync on and maxfps=60 .ini edit.

Need to try stereo 3D before I game more on it. This game looks like it will be even more fun in 3D.

There is a user on steam that has an amazing thread on what to tweak in the ini. files to improve performance on the game; I followed one of his earlier guides and my performance increased significantly. He even made a hotfix tool for the game.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/523890046870624615/

A nice and active discussion on what can be achieved just by good ol' INI hacking. :D

Here's the direct link to the latest version of that guy's unofficial patcher: http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/523890046870624615/#c530646715645678242

I´m a few hours in and must say its the best Batman game I´ve tried (havent tried Origin yet, so I cannot compare it to that). Sexiest Poison Ivy ever too ... :p Haven´t encountered any major problem yet, though I do enconter some judder sometimes when driving. Everything maxed out on a 980, with all the gameworks features off, I get an even 60fps with vsync on and maxfps=60 .ini edit.

Need to try stereo 3D before I game more on it. This game looks like it will be even more fun in 3D.

If you do try out 3D please post your impressions. I just ordered the VG248QE and a 3D Vision 2 kit so if it's good in 3D it might give me an excuse to do a New Game+.

Just picked this up for the PS4 today.

Any suggestions on what to start upgrading first?

Just picked this up for the PS4 today.

Any suggestions on what to start upgrading first?

What I always do in these games is upgrade Batman's health for melee and bullet damage. From there it might not be bad to grab at least the first Batmobile health upgrade. You will be using the Batmobile A LOT so upgrading some of the weapons is nice. When you get access to it I highly highly recommend beelineing for the two Fear Multi-Strike Takedown upgrades to increase it to five. Beyond that go with what feels right. For the main story the game is pretty forgiving about allowing you to upgrade whatever you want and still allowing you to succeed. I didn't touch any of the gadget or tech upgrades during the story and just focused on the melee and Batmobile stuff.

Yeah I'm basically an hour in maybe, lol.

Doing my first roof machine with the batmobile as I type this.

I threw the 25% upgrade on it, and that's all the points to spend so far. I will upgrade those as you recommend.

Batman kills now eh? Interesting.

PLEASE tell me you get to use that batcopter/jet thing?

Yeah I'm basically an hour in maybe, lol.

Doing my first roof machine with the batmobile as I type this.

I threw the 25% upgrade on it, and that's all the points to spend so far. I will upgrade those as you recommend.

Batman kills now eh? Interesting.

PLEASE tell me you get to use that batcopter/jet thing?

Though I read somewhere those were "non lethal" rounds.... LOL. :p

And nope, no flying in the Batwing I'm sorry to say. :(

Though I read somewhere those were "non lethal" rounds.... LOL. :p

And nope, no flying in the Batwing I'm sorry to say. :(

Non-lethal rounds and you only stun people when hitting them....Even at full boost....The games have always stretched the whole "no killing" thing but this one really takes the cake.

IG has virtually no experience porting AAA games to PC apart from Arkham Origins which was a cluster fuck and to this day still experiences various bugs. Their track record is also less than stellar for console ports, Borderlands 2 on Vita was apparently an unplayable slideshow.

As for Street Fighter 3, that as well as many other capcom arcade games have been perfectly emulated on PC years before the PS3 and 360, so it would be somewhat embarrassing if they couldn't achieve the same result on consoles.

I have no doubt that WB and Rocksteady are primarily to blame (especially in light of reports that WB knew full well that the PC build was FUBAR'd), but IG is clearly not up to the task of handling a massive game like AK considering its limited experience and the poor handling of AO.

finished replaying Arkham Asylum last night...what a fantastic game...I forgot that there were 240 riddler collectables...so Arkham Knight has basically the same amount as previous games...but they were mostly fun...the ones where you have to scan an object and also align the question marks were all fun (and challenging at times)...the ones where you simply locate riddler trophies were Ubisoft level fetch quests

I wish Arkham Knight would have used the basic Batmobile version used in Asylum instead of the tumbler 'tank' version made popular by the movies...the simpler design has a more distinct flair to it...

Back