Batman: Arkham City Thread

dogbyte_13

[H]ard|Gawd
So far loving the game, playing it on normal to start, the game is friking fun just having a issue passing that first damn AR test :( So post your thoughts so far.

Beat the main story line tonight. Overall a good game although I don't like how one person dies towards the end(not going to say more then that).

I really wish they had done a little more with the fight system though. They need a better take down that doesn't take forever to use. Pretty much they made it so you have to combo up to take people down and use a few select attacks on some of the people. Catwoman rocks but has the same problems.

I will say their is no fucking way I'm going for all of the riddler stuff in this one. The controls just are not setup for the exact movement that some of them require. One thing I did notice though is you can pick up the batman ones as cat woman which is nice.

I picked up the game the other day after finding out about the k-mart deal. The game is great although I haven't got the hang of the grapple boost after the first AR training. Still have problems with my combos just like I did in the first game. Can't believe the size of the game and the fluidness of it still. The Riddler trophies seem more PITA now. Make sure you tag them in detective mode as you find them.

I picked up the game the other day after finding out about the k-mart deal. The game is great although I haven't got the hang of the grapple boost after the first AR training. Still have problems with my combos just like I did in the first game. Can't believe the size of the game and the fluidness of it still. The Riddler trophies seem more PITA now. Make sure you tag them in detective mode as you find them.

You don't really need to tag them in most areas. As you go along you will start to see thugs with a green tint to them. They are riddler thugs embedded in the other gangs. You can beat up the others around them and interrogate them. They will put the locations up on the map.

Many of the trophies you can't get without having tools you will not have until near the end. Others can only be gotten by cat woman even though they are batmans ones. Cat woman's can only be gotten by her and she can't tag. A few of hers are in area's you need to use batman's hand hacking tool to get into though.

A few of them are on timers and some of those can be a royal bitch to get. I don't see myself getting all of them like the last game.

Also you have a bunch of other shit to get that I missed at first. You have the teeth again in some areas, penguins, balloons, security cameras, tiger security points(which you can't hack until almost the end), and harley quinn statues to shoot. I might be forgetting some as well.

Has anyone finished the catwoman-in-the-museum final chapter in new game plus? I can't beat it for the life of me...

I really wish they had done a little more with the fight system though. They need a better take down that doesn't take forever to use. Pretty much they made it so you have to combo up to take people down and use a few select attacks on some of the people. Catwoman rocks but has the same problems.

Done MORE with it? There are 14 different moves that count toward variation bonuses now, and even more things that can be integrated in that don't. That's the point of the combat: offer a variety of enemies that challenge you to utilize different strategies than just building up 5x combo and using a combat takedown. Does it become difficult when they wheel out the new enemies? Yes, that's the point. A game's difficulty is supposed to scale up the farther you get. If you want a fast way to bring lots of people down, hit a few people, triple throw the combat batarang and use the combo multi-ground takedown. You can knock out 5 enemies at a time with this strategy.

Haven't picked this up yet, it's 3rd on my list after Dark Souls (which I'm about half way done with) the God of War Origins. I really hope they improved on the combat though. I thought the first game was overrated, mainly due to the simplistic one-button combat. Also, the game was simply too easy. The so called 'detective' aspects were laughable, at no point did I feel like I was actually solving anything as it was all pretty well obvious what to do next. I also thought, given this revolves around Batman, there should have been a lot more gadgets, upgrades, toys, etc...and just character development in general.

I did hear that there are more upgrades and customization this time around. And I love that he can glide, something else that seemed a glaring omission to me in the last game. By all accounts, this is a superior game over the last so I'm holding out hope.

This game rocks ass. Better than the original on all fronts. Going for 100% completion right now.

Has anyone finished the catwoman-in-the-museum final chapter in new game plus? I can't beat it for the life of me...

That gave me nothing but trouble on normal mode. I must have died 8 or 9 times in a row with like 1 hit left on two face. I'd hit him and go to run away and cat woman would refuse to go over a ledge and just sit there doing flips until they gunned me down. Its been a while since I was that pissed at a game.

That gave me nothing but trouble on normal mode. I must have died 8 or 9 times in a row with like 1 hit left on two face. I'd hit him and go to run away and cat woman would refuse to go over a ledge and just sit there doing flips until they gunned me down. Its been a while since I was that pissed at a game.

amen to that! hehe
i had to hold back some very loud curse words

after about 20 tries, i finally did it. but the attempt which worked took FOREVER. i had to wait until two-face was alone, and ALL the enemies were on one side of the museum (by drawing them there with a noise). then, i'd hit two-face, then run to the opposite side of the museum (the side which had no guards in the way). then wait for like 5-10 minutes for the arrangement of guards to be favorable again.

took FOREVER! and my catwoman was fully upgraded too.

amen to that! hehe

after about 20 tries, i finally did it. but the attempt which worked took FOREVER. i had to wait until two-face was alone, and ALL the enemies were on one side of the museum (by drawing them there with a noise). then, i'd hit two-face, then run to the opposite side of the museum (the side which had no guards in the way). then wait for like 5-10 minutes for the arrangement of guards to be favorable again.

Yea first I started taking out his men which is almost worthless as he will just call in more. Past taking one down to try to get people to go near him.

If cat woman was more controllable it wouldn't have been hard. I had issues with her refusing to use the whip grab and just going over things. Made it so I pretty much got him by the time I got away.

My catwoman is not fully upgraded either.

I am really, really looking forward to this, but I have to wait for the PC release on Nov. 15th. Playing through AA again right now on Hard :) I'm really tempted to go watch some gameplay videos of this but I don't want to spoil anything.

I am really, really looking forward to this, but I have to wait for the PC release on Nov. 15th. Playing through AA again right now on Hard :) I'm really tempted to go watch some gameplay videos of this but I don't want to spoil anything.

Yeah don't peek, wait till you pick it up for yourself. Totally worth it.

amen to that! hehe

I didn't find it particularly difficult, I just found it to take way too long because your options are so limited by being Catwoman and not being able to one-shot Twoface. The climbing controls indoors kind of suck compared to being able to grapple around, making quick escapes irritatingly difficult, so I just resorted to sitting on a gargoyle waiting for Twoface to walk away from the rest of the guards. I did this a few times and it was pathetically easy, but also quite boring. That was definitely the most poorly designed of the boss fights and Catwoman sections.

So can any of you compare/contrast this to the first? I hear it's got a bigger area, slightly more sandbox, and that basically every change made was for the better...but the people saying that also thought the world of the first one.

I have not done such a marathon session of gaming as I have with this game over the weekend. Well done all around. Yes, like many I felt severe frustration at some of the controls at times. However, I must attribute that more towards my fumbling than poor design in the game. The city is very expansive and the sense of scale is fantastic. Combat is very much like the first with a lot more options as the game goes on. In fact, just a tad bit too many options for my pathetic mind to remember. If you liked the first one, you will definitely like this one.

My biggest aggravation? The AR training. How in the hell are you supposed to pull out of a full dive and thread the needle of a small tunnel without hitting the ground? Poppycock, I say!

Beat the main story line tonight. Overall a good game although I don't like how one person dies towards the end(not going to say more then that).

I will say their is no fucking way I'm going for all of the riddler stuff in this one. The controls just are not setup for the exact movement that some of them require. One thing I did notice though is you can pick up the batman ones as cat woman which is nice.

Are you a moron seriously? How about starting your post with a fucking spoiler alert.

Are you a moron seriously? How about starting your post with a fucking spoiler alert.

No need for the personal attack. With all of the characters in it saying one dies shouldn't be a spoiler. Chances are the one I'm thinking of isn't the one you are thinking of.

Bloody brilliant game, I like it more than the first one, tons more stuff to collect, I'm probably going to play through again, and collect everything before the end of the game.

I'll pick this up once it comes out for PC. Until then, I must wait.

I'm an idiot who bought Arkham Asylum for PS3 because I felt like for a fighting game, that a console controller would be optimal. I was wrong, I watched my friend play it on his high end laptop and the controls were actually better on the computer and the mouse was best for aiming.

I will get the PC version as well this time. Just waiting to see if it comes with that accursed GFWL or not.

I'm an idiot who bought Arkham Asylum for PS3 because I felt like for a fighting game, that a console controller would be optimal. I was wrong, I watched my friend play it on his high end laptop and the controls were actually better on the computer and the mouse was best for aiming.

I will get the PC version as well this time. Just waiting to see if it comes with that accursed GFWL or not.

It will I believe. However, it wasn't a problem for me in the last game. As long as it works, I don't care.

I'm the same. And since I have it on the PC, Steam gives buyers a 20% discount if they own AA or Lego Batman. It's good to be a PC.

I'm the same. And since I have it on the PC, Steam gives buyers a 20% discount if they own AA or Lego Batman. It's good to be a PC.

Well I won't get that discount it seems. I can't register my copy of Batman Arkham Asylum on Steam. Being a GFWL title that wasn't procured through Steam, it seems I'm screwed on that. The other thing is, I really want the Batman Beyond skin, but it doesn't look like it exists in this country as a preorder bonus.

Well I won't get that discount it seems. I can't register my copy of Batman Arkham Asylum on Steam. Being a GFWL title that wasn't procured through Steam, it seems I'm screwed on that. The other thing is, I really want the Batman Beyond skin, but it doesn't look like it exists in this country as a preorder bonus.

Did you buy the game through Steam? I just add AC to my cart and the discount is instant, or course I bought AA on steam.

Did you buy the game through Steam? I just add AC to my cart and the discount is instant, or course I bought AA on steam.

No I didn't. I bought a physical copy. So without being able to register it on Steam, I can't get the discount.

Yeah I'm waiting for the Steam release as well. I will, however, be using an Xbox 360 controller to play the game. I've just never liked playing any third person game with a keyboard and mouse set up. Hopefully my 6970 gets in soon and I can play in Dx11, and maybe get a physx unofficial patch of some sort.

Yeah I'm waiting for the Steam release as well. I will, however, be using an Xbox 360 controller to play the game. I've just never liked playing any third person game with a keyboard and mouse set up. Hopefully my 6970 gets in soon and I can play in Dx11, and maybe get a physx unofficial patch of some sort.

I played through AA with my Xbox 360 controller and I liked it more than using the Keyboard and mouse. I like to use the KB&M for FPS.

How do you get in on the skins?

How do you get in on the skins?

Not sure. That's what I've been unable to figure out and the number one thing I want to know. It was slightly more clear cut with the console version, but it's a total mystery on the PC.

Probably. I'll probably actually buy that if the Batman Beyond skin is included in a DLC pack.

Was there any downloadable content for Batman AA?
I just double checked Steam and there is none.

I remember this post sometime back but there was speculation that certain vendors and never an answer as to whom:
interesting pre-order bonus available for Batman: Arkham City...pre-orders from particular retailers will include different Batman skins, ranging from the 1970s version of Batman to Frank Miller's memorable take on the Dark Knight...no specifics were provided as to which retailers will be providing which Batman skins but all of them will apparently be available later on as part of a DLC pack

I like the one on the far left best

arkhamcityj.jpg

The skins were addons for various retailers for the console versions of the game. The sinestro corps batman is only for the ps3 so far(came with the green lantern blue ray).

Personally I want the sinestro and batman beyond skins.

LOL I spent 1.99 for a can to get a skin... The drink was not that bad really :) Kinda tastes like a pineapple soda. Takes 1 pt to get a skin and you get 1 pt per can.

November 15th can't arrive fast enough... I'm waiting for the PC version myself. Already bought & registered on my Steam account. All of this talk is making me antsy.

As far as the picture up there goes
1st skin from left is the Batman Beyond. You get it from NOS drink thing I posted about
2nd skin I think is the Collectors Skin ( I checked on my XBox and it is the collectors skin)
3rd skin not sure where it comes from
4th skin is the Toys R US skin.... Came with an exclusive action figure too
5th skin is from GameStop Preorders. Had to have their reward card to get that one.
6th skin I have no clue where its from.

It's a shame they never did a movie skin but they'll all be available for download in the next few weeks.....just like the Mortal Kombat exclusive skins were after launch....

On the controller thing, I just couldn't get on with playing AA with kb and mouse.....I dunno...just didn't feel intuitive. 360 pad on the other hand was a whole new ball game.

Back