• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Batch iPod Touch Video Converter?

DrNic2032

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 5, 2007
Messages
125
Are there any (free?) iPod Touch video converters that can handle converting video files in batches?

I've used Videora in the past but it takes too long to initiate each video individually, not to mention that the banner ads always seem to make the program crash for me.

Any help would be awesome!
 
Do you have a decent graphics card?

ATi has a free converter app (GPU accelerated, too) in their drivers.
nVidia has badaboomit (not free, GPU accelerated).

they are both very fast. Fast enough for me to ignore batch processing. (I'm on my laptop right now, so I'm not sure about batch processing on both).
 
The machine has an nVidia 8400 card with 512MB.

I'd like to be able to setup the conversions such that I can start them then leave and have them ready when I get home.
 
I'm sorry, I don't have a recommendation then. The 8400gt is also not powerful enough to really accelerate the transcoding process. (I have a 8500gt... and it cannot cut it).

Good luck! (by the way, I used to use xilisofts convertor before I met up with badaboomit, it has batch, too, for the iPod formats).
 
For OSX, I use iSquint. It's super simple, free and you can't screw up the output file type -- all choices will play on an iPod.
 
Back
Top