• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Basic question.... Disable LAN access for one computer but allow internet access?

mnewxcv

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Mar 4, 2007
Messages
9,295
As the title says, I have a NETGEAR router and would like to block access to my local network while allowing internet access to a particular device. Is this something that is viable or does it have a certain term I can search for?
 
I found the setting I was looking for after a bit of poking around. I have a Nighthawk R7300 and the setting was simply to enable a guest network and leave unticked the setting for guests to see LAN and other users. I imagine this setting is in most Netgear routers, however it is worth noting this is for Wifi connections only. Just stating this for anyone who may search the subject at a later date.
 
I found the setting I was looking for after a bit of poking around. I have a Nighthawk R7300 and the setting was simply to enable a guest network and leave unticked the setting for guests to see LAN and other users. I imagine this setting is in most Netgear routers, however it is worth noting this is for Wifi connections only. Just stating this for anyone who may search the subject at a later date.
That’s why I asked if it was wired or wireless... with wireless it’s easiest to just enable the guest network
 
you can use wireless bridge if you need wired connection or get a router capable of multiple subnets.
 
Back
Top