Banned iPhone 5C Promo

lol

I think apple is finally starting to see the writing on the wall..... in color;... LOL

Axe

lol @ the black guy getting pissed over "colored"

seriously though -- it's like they had one meeting "yeah make it plastic" and then called it a day.

I wouldn't be concerned about creating anything that ground breaking either if I was sitting on something like 200 billion dollars in cash. (2/3 of it held in offshore accounts) and I knew I had a blind and loyal fanbase that would happily buy up whatever I put in a fancy looking box.

To be honest, the S4 wasn't a major upgrade over the S3 either. However, this is funny though, b/c Apple did almost nothing to distinguish these new versions.

Not a very realistic parody.

The real Jony Ive is WAY more douchy.

I liked yesterdays better.

Gold is Best!

LOLed at the Nokia reference.

Brought to brink of bankrupcy by being tied to Windows phone, losing 900 million bucks a year - and then after value crashed, hijacked by Microsoft.

LOLed at the Nokia reference.

Brought to brink of bankrupcy by being tied to Windows phone, losing 900 million bucks a year - and then after value crashed, hijacked by Microsoft.

And still has a massive war chest as well that you apple fans overlook. 900 million write down bothers the masses not Micro$, that just made them a good excuse to throw Balmer out. Many here don't understand Micro$ & Nokia I see. If Micro$ turns around and buys Blackberry then **** just got real.

Colored? Colored?! COLOURED! :p

On topics though, while one part of me takes joy in the blunders of Apple, the other side realizes that this is a bad trend. While Apple in particular has been festering in innovation stagnation, most of the other cell phone companies are too. I mean, I was happy to see something as simple as dual speakers to create stereo (re: HTC One) but beyond that nothing has excited me about getting a new cell phone for over 2 years now. And that's a long time in cell phone years.

The only way that we see start seeing some leaps aside from processing power and screen size is if one of these companies starts innovating again. At this point, we'll see the others trying to one up.

And still has a massive war chest as well that you apple fans overlook. 900 million write down bothers the masses not Micro$, that just made them a good excuse to throw Balmer out. Many here don't understand Micro$ & Nokia I see. If Micro$ turns around and buys Blackberry then **** just got real.

No one cares about Windows Phone. No one will care. It's basically dead in the water. It is a stupid platform that requires its own app format. No one wants to develop for it since there aren't any users. No apps = no users = no developers making apps = death spiral.

And no, buying blackberry doesn't help them at all.

It's Android and iOS until something comes along that drastically changes the developer model or shares apps with other ecosystems.

Also everything about windows phone from a dev perspective is horrible. You can't even use the SDK without win 8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff402529(v=vs.105).aspx

Which excludes most enterprise use since a lot of companies are still on 7. And the only people still really developing on monoculture platforms like winphone/.net/etc are the enterprise users. They've shot themselves in the foot entirely.

MS is and will continue to be a sidenote in the mobile world.

To be honest, the S4 wasn't a major upgrade over the S3 either. However, this is funny though, b/c Apple did almost nothing to distinguish these new versions.

Heck I switched to an Android because the iPhone 4 was pretty much identical to the 3GS in everything but appearance.

I think the usage of the term "banned" has gone into full retard mode.

No one cares about Windows Phone. No one will care. It's basically dead in the water.

Disagree.
Microsofts biggest problem is that they where late to the party. However, that's an advantage in some ways, as they are not stuck with some of the legacy issues like Apple.

Looks like Microsoft will soon pass Blackberry for the #3 possition, so 3rd place is a given. Only question is if they can eventually take 2nd place from Apple.

It is a stupid platform that requires its own app format.

I can say the same thing about Apple :)

Also everything about windows phone from a dev perspective is horrible. You can't even use the SDK without win 8
Which excludes most enterprise use since a lot of companies are still on 7. And the only people still really developing on monoculture platforms like winphone/.net/etc are the enterprise users. They've shot themselves in the foot entirely.

Most our developers already use Windows 8 for various reasons (and even though I'm keeping the rest of office staff on 7). They are currently developing an app/client for the software product the company sells, and it will run on Apple, Android, and Windows 8 phone.

Ridiculous accusations and questioning of your sexuality.

The proper term is "The Cell-Phone Debates," or, "If you don't know much of anything about anything, you can always talk about "mega-pixel cameras" crammed into cell phones and people will never know the difference." Great for parties or new, tech web sites.

The 5c is a step up from my 4 so I for one will be glad to get it.

I have never understood why anyone thinks saving $100 on last years phone is a good idea. Especially when you factor you will probably end paying nearly that much/month over the life of your contract either way.

Spend $100 more and you get a product that is better in just about every conceivable way. Just on the CPU/GPU, this is claimed double the performance on both.

This is not an iPhone only thing. I see older Galaxy phones on contract for slightly less as well.

I could see getting last years phone if it was half off, but $100 off, that's no deal.

I'm inclined to agree. Not on the grounds that the 5s's performance advantage is going to be all that important, or that the fingerprint sensor is all that important, but on the grounds that the 5s is significantly thinner and significantly lighter than the 5c (smaller than the 5c in all dimensions, in fact). It should also resale better than the 5c. Perhaps not by a $100 margin, but by something notable.

Unless you particularly like the design of the 5c and its color availability, I don't see anything particularly compelling about it.

Actually the 3GS -> 4, was just about the iPhone (possibly any smartphones) biggest generational jump ever.

http://en.rian.ru/infographics/20100623/159544294.html
minus antenna gate the iPhone 4 was a great release. I used it for a year before handing off to my wife and really loved the experience.

Wish it was slightly more durable, I never had a problem but two co-workers (both girls! :D) broke their iPhone 4 2x each. Went to the apple store, started crying and got free replacements!

"We aren't apologizing for [CENSORED]!"

Thanks for the laugh, that was great. :D

You have no idea what you are talking about GOLD IS BEST

No one cares about Windows Phone. No one will care. It's basically dead in the water. It is a stupid platform that requires its own app format. No one wants to develop for it since there aren't any users. No apps = no users = no developers making apps = death spiral.

It's Android and iOS until something comes along that drastically changes the developer model or shares apps with other ecosystems.
[/url]

Actually windows phone is 2nd in Latin America...after android.. it is gaining ground in other countries besides North America quiet rapidly.

I'm inclined to agree. Not on the grounds that the 5s's performance advantage is going to be all that important, or that the fingerprint sensor is all that important, but on the grounds that the 5s is significantly thinner and significantly lighter than the 5c (smaller than the 5c in all dimensions, in fact). It should also resale better than the 5c. Perhaps not by a $100 margin, but by something notable.

Unless you particularly like the design of the 5c and its color availability, I don't see anything particularly compelling about it.

This is how I feel...$550 off contract straight up for the iPhone 5C? Give me a break! You can get a FLAWLESS used iPhone 5...or probably even a new iPhone 5...for the exact same price or maybe even cheaper.

Or just spend the extra $100 and get a 5S...I mean, I don't like to make assumptions but if you're dropping $550 already then is $100 more really THAT much? I wouldn't think it is...

This is how I feel...$550 off contract straight up for the iPhone 5C? Give me a break! You can get a FLAWLESS used iPhone 5...or probably even a new iPhone 5...for the exact same price or maybe even cheaper.

Or just spend the extra $100 and get a 5S...I mean, I don't like to make assumptions but if you're dropping $550 already then is $100 more really THAT much? I wouldn't think it is...

But you can have pink, blue, green or yellow. That has to be worth the price alone! ;)

Interesting how simple and quickly a cell phone is made with the use of robots. I can not see the cost factor for ever wanting to purchasing one. If on the other hand, cell phones were hand-built I can understand its cost would be much more than the robot built phones. The current retail prices are seriously over priced, and don't justify the manufacturing process. ;)

Only an idiot would spend $500 on a phone, especially one with the 5c's specifications.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/ff402529(v=vs.105).aspx

I agree they should have been more like Apple and opened up their phones. I just love running all the Droid apps from Google Play on my iPhone. Apple was so smart to allow that.

Heck I switched to an Android because the iPhone 4 was pretty much identical to the 3GS in everything but appearance.

Both my kids have Android phones. And I regret deeply not buying them iPhones instead.

Back