Bad Luck

hpglow

Limp Gawd
I recently added a 560 ti and man have I had a streak of bad luck.

First I keep getting bad SMP units, I've gotten 4 this week while at work so all day long until I get home my PPD has tanked. After that the stupid windows updates this week have caused my comp to reboot in the middle of the night twice (yeh I know I could disable them.) Lame, why does MS hate FAH?

Now, that all that is over I'm having this weird issue where I play a game and then after that my card downclocks and the computer has to rebooted. At first I thought it was overclocked too much, but now its almost back to stock clocks and is still doing it after playing games. First it drops to stock clocks and then the second time it drops to 2D clocks and refuses to go up when gaming. So I'm thinking it is either a GPU V2 tracker issue or a driver issue.

Any thoughts?

Configure Windows Updates to only alert you when updates are available, then you install them when you please. You really shouldn't let Updates automatically install anyway, or might end up with Nvidia drivers versions that you don't want.

Got it all fixed, I had the tracker set to pause all clinets while gaming. I unchecked that and now everything is working fine. Still getting a solid 60 fps on all the games I play so nothing seems to be affected.

As a bonus with low end games (like Super Meat Boy) I pull 16K while the game is running, before it was 0.

Got it all fixed, I had the tracker set to pause all clinets while gaming. I unchecked that and now everything is working fine. Still getting a solid 60 fps on all the games I play so nothing seems to be affected.

As a bonus with low end games (like Super Meat Boy) I pull 16K while the game is running, before it was 0.

I had to google "Super Meat Boy" after reading this.

I had to google "Super Meat Boy" after reading this.

It was 30% off on Steam yesterday. It is a good frustratingly hard game. I play it when I only have like 5 or 10 min to kill.

16K ppd from the 560 ti is really impressive.

I'm only pulling 12 to 14K from the 560 ti while the computer is not being used. While playing low end games it pulls 6k to 8k. I get a total between it and the SMP client of about 27k to 30k ppd. The 16k is between the 560 ti and SMP clients running while gaming.

I get 18k on those 9xx point WUs, 12-13k on the regular 680x WUs

Back