Hello all. I was just on my PC playing some World of Warcraft when all of a sudden the game froze. No big deal could have been the game crashing or lag. Well the game wouldn't "unfreeze" and ctrl + alt + del wouldn't work. I could not alt tab out of the game. So I had to hard boot the machine. At this point windows would not load. It stays at "Verifying DMI Pool" and eventually asks for a bootable device. I rebooted and jumped into BIOS. No HD is being recognized. I then plugged the HD into a different SATA port and nothing.
The Harddrive in question is an SATA WD 500gb. There was no loud noise or clanking sound as I've had in the past with HD failures. What do you all think? Also is there anyway to retrieve any info on there considering it wont even fire up?
The Harddrive in question is an SATA WD 500gb. There was no loud noise or clanking sound as I've had in the past with HD failures. What do you all think? Also is there anyway to retrieve any info on there considering it wont even fire up?