BAD GPU?

antok86

[H]F Junkie
this is a zotac 1070 mini 8gb.

sometimes this flickering shows up and sometimes if i alt tab so many times it goes away.
is this a failing card?

pls ignore yellow vertical line. thats monitor issues not gpu

any oc? if so, back it off a bit. or if not, run ddu and reinstall the newest driver. see if it goes away. if it doesn't, use afterburner to bump voltage a bit. if it still persists, try it in another system. then if it still does it then its a dying card.

no OC that i know of. i have the latest nvidia drivers

voltage while in fornite is showing 0.950v. there is no OC showing in afterburner. all of a sudden as i type this the flickering has gone away....very weird

.95v under load sounds low. so maybe that's causing it. if you dont have it install afterburner and bump the voltage/power limit a bit. see if it goes up and if it helps at all.

edit: I see you do have ab.

Last edited:
notice its only items in the distance...the actual character does have artifacting

Believe it or not I had bad artifacting on my GTX1070Ti when gaming and it ended up being the HDMI cable. BTW the cable works just fine on my GTX1070, the Xbox360 and ShieldTV

switch to the v2 or v3 skin in the options one of them should show the voltage slider.
ok cool i will try that. but i have noticed that when i see the artifacts is when the voltage is around 0.6 and the longer its on its starts to climb to 1v and then it goes away....there isnt any settings that is on the bios of the gpu correct?

I say just RMA the card if its still under warranty. Send them pictures of the artifacts and core clocks / temps as proof.

I say just RMA the card if its still under warranty. Send them pictures of the artifacts and core clocks / temps as proof.

Agreed. Also be sure to take pics of the card itself (fans/backplate/warranty sticker) to be sure they (Zotac) won't fuck you out of the warranty.

If you're the 2nd owner ask the previous owner to help you out.

Agreed. Also be sure to take pics of the card itself (fans/backplate/warranty sticker) to be sure they (Zotac) won't fuck you out of the warranty.

If you're the 2nd owner ask the previous owner to help you out.
testing for a friend and apparently its from a sketch eBay seller that claims he had purchased this along with 200 other items from newegg and doesnt want to look through his invoices...

testing for a friend and apparently its from a sketch eBay seller that claims he had purchased this along with 200 other items from newegg and doesnt want to look through his invoices...

Crap, that's bad news. Dunno if Zotac would honor the warranty if you even sent them pics of the problem and not have a sales invoice/reciept. Maybe explaining the situation to a rep and keep your fingers crossed. Something along the lines of recieving the card as a gift?

Edit*

Bad news antok86 :(
http://www.zotacusa.com/Warranty.html
Products must be purchased as new from an authorized ZOTAC reseller. Warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the product and cannot be transferred. Products purchased as secondhand or used, or from auction sites, do not carry any warranty.

I've seen this problem happen when the RAM on a graphics card has issues & have experienced it myself with an older Ati card,

I ran across this message on reddit while researching your issue OP, maybe an update to the cards BIOS will fix it, apparently there are voltage issues.
right click open in new tab if the site doesnt load, not sure why its trying to load a media message**

Link to Bios update **Warning! Please research how to update it** Probably just a .exe but research to make sure :)
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/187210/zotac-gtx1070-8192-160728

Last edited:
wish i could its a zotac card and im 2nd owner =(

If you buy USED make sure you buy at least a GTX 1060 and make sure the brand is EVGA because they allow warranty transfer (it's based on the serial # which has the date of manufacture) and MAKE SURE YOU GET A COPY OF THE PURCHASE INVOICE FROM THE SELLER otherwise DON'T BUY IT.

As of this write up a GTX 1060 will have at least 6 months to 1 year left on the warranty because it was released to market July 19, 2016

Last edited:
Edit*

Bad news antok86 :(
http://www.zotacusa.com/Warranty.html
Products must be purchased as new from an authorized ZOTAC reseller. Warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the product and cannot be transferred. Products purchased as secondhand or used, or from auction sites, do not carry any warranty.

I've seen this problem happen when the RAM on a graphics card has issues & have experienced it myself with an older Ati card,

I ran across this message on reddit while researching your issue OP, maybe an update to the cards BIOS will fix it, apparently there are voltage issues.
right click open in new tab if the site doesnt load, not sure why its trying to load a media message**

Link to Bios update **Warning! Please research how to update it** Probably just a .exe but research to make sure :)
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/187210/zotac-gtx1070-8192-160728
that looks like the release BIOS not an update
thanks this might be the issue. it is using micron RAM. i will look into this

Last edited:
not seeing any dates to see if the firmware is newer than what i have

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 0
i might have the newest bios already...so far i havent seen any artifacts again tho...hmmm

ok cool i will try that. but i have noticed that when i see the artifacts is when the voltage is around 0.6 and the longer its on its starts to climb to 1v and then it goes away....there isnt any settings that is on the bios of the gpu correct?
that's why im suspecting a voltage problem. my 280x would have glitchy lines in low power 2d mode if I didn't bump the voltage a bit

Back